• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know this? His main problem was with Gase and Gase is likely on his last leg and may not even make it through the season. Adams still has two years left on his contract and once Gase is gone could/may decide all is good. Especially if the Jets were willing to work with him and his contract. I think saying he was gone no matter what is hyperbole.

It sounds like it was about the money and the Jets weren't willing to meet his demands, so it looks like a divorce was imminent. The Jets did great to get back as much as they did. I guess it's possible the relationship could've been saved, but it didn't look likely and the last thing you want your team to do in that situation is be like the Redskins in how they handled the Trent Williams situation.

Either the relationship was irretrievably broken because Adams hated them or the Jets were never going to give Adams the money, so they had to get what they could get in the trade market, OR the Seahawks blew them away with their offer and they decided to ditch Adams because of it. Either way, the Jets did great.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like it was about the money and the Jets weren't willing to meet his demands

Jets have plenty of cap space

upload_2020-7-28_17-5-4.png

So if money was the issue all the Jets had to do was work with him. They choose not to, but could of flip that stance when ever they wanted. So certainly not inevitable, not even close. They weren't force to trade Adams, but rather decided they would since they were compensated to their satisfaction. If they weren't they keep him and either play hard ball or decide to work with him. Just another contract situation that could go in many directions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I don't know if I have ever seen you take the time to edit a photo at my expense. I'm flattered.
It's a first alright. I've noticed how fans from the Seahawks division competitors are vigorously knocking the trade and I smell fear. This trade makes the Seahawks stronger in several ways. Better pass defense, better pass rush and better run defense, so a better defense. Sounds like something ever team would want or should. :D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a first alright. I've noticed how fans from the Seahawks division competitors are vigorously knocking the trade and I smell fear. This trade makes the Seahawks stronger in several ways. Better pass defense, better pass rush and better run defense, so a better defense. Sounds like something ever team would want or should. :D

Everyone keeps talking about this trade as Seattle got robbed. If you go to an earlier post I gave in this thread it was a B for Seattle and a D for the Jets. I would've given the Jets an F if Bradley McDougald wasn't packaged in.

So you traded a once in a generation 2x all pro 24 year old safety (he didn't want to be there... "k well that was part of your stupid ass FO") for essentially 2 1st rounders and again a safety who got torched routinely last year and declined heavily in 2019.

So let's talk about that 2021 1st and 3rd. First off, in all likelihood we're not getting a 2021 NCAAF season with the way COVID has surged (too many implications, if players get infected they're still a student and can shut down a campus). So those VALUABLE draft picks (of which the Jets conveniently trade away all their first rounders) are now not anywhere NEAR the value. Might as well throw a dart at a board at this point or take some guy entirely based on his 40 time.. which has ALWAYS proven to work in the past. :rolleyes2:

As for 2022... sure.. okay, you STILL lost a year of evaluation for current Sophomores/Juniors (that don't declare) so how valuable is 2022? Giving away 3 HIGHLY uncertain picks with MASSIVE question marks around them for a once in a generation safety talent who is going to actually provide the division's only answer for Kittle while also helping Seattle's bottom 5 rush D is a no brainer.

As for the Jets... WTF. They traded the best player on the team (this will impact other players who may just give up....), picked up what is likely 2 late 1st picks with BLEH years to be drafting in... to what? KICK the can down the road for another 5 years to HOPEFULLY nail your draft picks while ignoring Sam Darnold's current CHEAP contract and Brady gone? Sure.. Douglas' (GM) comment about how this is a great opportunity for the franchise slayed me. To do what? Stockpile picks that are likely going to be uneducated guesses that have a 1/1,000 shot of being as good as Adams?

As for, "LOLOL SAFETY that much!?" by our very educated posters. Basically every team in the last decade that has won a Super Bowl had an elite or borderline elite safety.

Took a guy 6th overall who could've (and should've gone top 3).
HIT on him.
Still on his rookie contract.
QB on a rookie contract.
Went 7-9 (not bad) without Darnold in some games.
Brady leaves.

LET'S TRADE HIM! Might be the stupidest fuckin' thing I've seen this OS outside of what Houston was doing.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be an authority on the subject, so no argument here.
I have you and others in and around the Emerald City for that. After all I did spend quite a bit of time in the PNW. Talk about total immersion.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all this talk about no NCAA this year, Hawks can't pick in the first round...

I wonder how many remember Kam Chancellor was a 5th round pick.

RW a 3rd rounder

Sherman a 5th rounder.

Most haven't been watching football that long so likely not many remember.

Just imagine how much damage they could do if they traded their useless, so late firsts for later picks:doh:

Nope much easier cop out to say our FO sucks at drafting in the first.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between this and the John Elway thread you're really spitting out some gold in the last few days. Keep it comin' big guy.

Truth hurts doesn't it big guy?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for, "LOLOL SAFETY that much!?" by our very educated posters. Basically every team in the last decade that has won a Super Bowl had an elite or borderline elite safety.
That was the part of all this that I find laughable as well Shark. As I pointed out earlier, Safeties are even more important in today's game, not less important. Not saying Seattle didn't give up a lot but Adams and Diggs with Shaq Griffen locking down his side makes the pass D very good. Dunbar's situation is a mess but if he happens to be cleared, this secondary will likely be the best in the league.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Seattle got better but McDougald wasn't the hole in that D. You are making it sound as if Adams will rush, play the run and cover on every play. That's not reality even though he is a big upgrade.

So I'll ask again since everyone seems not want to answer. How many more wins does a pro bowl SS bring you over a quality SS you had when you throw in the draft picks lost and potential pay day it will cost?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the part of all this that I find laughable as well Shark. As I pointed out earlier, Safeties are even more important in today's game, not less important. Not saying Seattle didn't give up a lot but Adams and Diggs with Shaq Griffen locking down his side makes the pass D very good. Dunbar's situation is a mess but if he happens to be cleared, this secondary will likely be the best in the league.
Fits Pete Carroll defense like a glove. I'm really hoping this season happens.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Seattle got better but McDougald wasn't the hole in that D. You are making it sound as if Adams will rush, play the run and cover on every play. That's not reality even though he is a big upgrade.

So I'll ask again since everyone seems not want to answer. How many more wins does a pro bowl SS bring you over a quality SS you had when you throw in the draft picks lost and potential pay day it will cost?

Hopefully enough wins to win the west

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The draft picks don't come into play this year and nothing wrong with paying elite players , but again that's not in play this season. Adams is going to have a major impact for the Seahawks. I had to smile seeing you back to trying to rustle jimmies again. For a time I thought retirement did you in.:heh:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking for a friend.

Has anybody been watching NCAA football for the past three years?

Apparently seniors only play in their final year of eligibilty before they're drafted.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft picks don't come into play this year and nothing wrong with paying elite players , but again that's not in play this season. Adams is going to have a major impact for the Seahawks. I had to smile seeing you back to trying to rustle jimmies again. For a time I thought retirement did you in.:heh:

I guess if you want to spin it that way? That picks and money don't come into play this season. I'd have to agree they don't, but they are part of the equation.

You're speculating at how much impact Adams will have over McD.

Let some of your cronies know, some seem to think I smack talk Seattle 24/7.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let some of your cronies know, some seem to think I smack talk Seattle 24/7.
Well you have in the past but apparently either you were lacking a sufficiently
interesting subject matter or you were just enjoying retirement. Seems for now your renewed and ready for battle.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are making it sound as if Adams will rush, play the run and cover on every play.

Well... kind of, yah. He lined up as linebacker nearly 45% (OLB and yes ILB)... played nickel, actual outside corner about 15%, and safety the other 40%... obviously nobody can do ALL of those at once, but Adams can easily do 2 of those (cover + run, run + pass rush, etc.) on every play. He never was really known for Earl Thomas STRETCH coverage ability as a deep safety back and that's NOT what Seattle brought him in for.

"Play run and cover on every play." Well... if you're playing as much as he did in the box and within 20 yards (very similar to Kam Chancellor's heat map) that's EXACTLY what you do.... so I really have zero clue wtf you're talking about.

How many more wins does a pro bowl OLB/DE bring you? You might've posed the stupidest question I've ever heard of. I'd say the ONLY quantifiable position in that regard is QB.... and usually when a team spikes in wins when it's NOT a QB it's because of MULTIPLE pieces added.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking for a friend.

Has anybody been watching NCAA football for the past three years?

Apparently seniors only play in their final year of eligibilty before they're drafted.

So you're trying to say that no NCAAF this year will somehow not matter for the draft and understanding what a player brings to your org?

Asking for a therapist and psychiatrist...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are making it sound as if Adams will rush, play the run and cover on every play.
Well... kind of, yah. He lined up as linebacker nearly 45% (OLB and yes ILB)... played nickel, actual outside corner about 15%, and safety the other 40%... obviously nobody can do ALL of those at once, but Adams can easily do 2 of those (cover + run, run + pass rush, etc.) on every play. He never was really known for Earl Thomas STRETCH coverage ability as a deep safety back and that's NOT what Seattle brought him in for.

"Play run and cover on every play." Well... if you're playing as much as he did in the box and within 20 yards (very similar to Kam Chancellor's heat map) that's EXACTLY what you do.... so I really have zero clue wtf you're talking about.

How many more wins does a pro bowl OLB/DE bring you? You might've posed the stupidest question I've ever heard of. I'd say the ONLY quantifiable position in that regard is QB.... and usually when a team spikes in wins when it's NOT a QB it's because of MULTIPLE pieces added.
Well no.
If they rush him and it's a designed run to his side oops. If he covers a TE out by the numbers and it's a dive oops. If he plays the run and the RB and or TEs go out oops.

Come on man you're better than this. He basically has one initial responsibility each play. He can't be doing three things at once. Regardless how good he is.