• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the reality. Most people grading this trade are saying the Jets got the better end of the deal but that it's still a solid trade for Seattle. I'd agree with that right now.

Here's the top results if you just google "Jamal Adams trade grade":

Jamal Adams trade grades: Did Seahawks give Jets too much for safety?

Jamal Adams trade grades: Jets grab a haul for All-Pro safety

Grading the Jamal Adams trade: Are the Seahawks really Super Bowl contenders?

Jamal Adams trade grade: Seahawks win the deal as Jets earn average marks despite first-round picks

Jets were given the following grades in these articles:

B+, A-, A-, B-, A, A, B+, B-

Seattle was given the following grades:

C+, C-, B, B+, B, B, C+, B+

So looks like in general A-/B+ for the Jets and B- or so for Seattle.

Again, doesn't back up any claim that most "experts" hate the trade for Seattle.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the reality. Most people grading this trade are saying the Jets got the better end of the deal but that it's still a solid trade for Seattle. I'd agree with that right now.

Jamal Adams trade grade: Seahawks win the deal as Jets earn average marks despite first-round picks

Again, doesn't back up any claim that most "experts" hate the trade for Seattle.
And to contrast this, google the same thing for the DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona trade. Now there's a trade where it's pretty much all A's for one side and D's for the other.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the article had one negative take and then said it was worth it (positive take) at the end. That's neutral at best. I don't know what the fuck you're reading.

Again, there are two opinions there criticizing the trade from Seattle's perspective. Then three are NY based writers/NY Jets accounts calling it good from a Jets perspective. Not exactly overwhelming panning of the trade from experts like you claim.

You said "There are way more experts saying Seattle got the short end of this stick."

Your links do not back this up. You have proven nothing other than different opinions exist.

Are you using "new reading and new math"?

First I'm not going to post every link out there. Nor am I going to get transcripts from the multiple sports media shows.
You can skip to the end of this one. It's a long read.
Initial Thoughts on the Jamal Adams Trade

https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/jamal-adams-trade-takeaways-jets-teammates-wont-be-too-upset/

Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seahawks - ProFootballTalk
Do you need more?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does as opposed to how many thought it was a great trade by Seattle.

How graciously homer of you to accept it for now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why you are just a troll.

Most of us are saying that this trade is risky and could turn out to be very good or very bad for the Seahawks. YOU, otoh, have said something that NO ONE is saying. You are claiming this was a definitively terrible trade for the Seahawks. NONE of the people you linked to are saying that. You know who IS saying that? Niner fans, Cardinals fans, Rams fans, and you.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you using "new reading and new math"?

First I'm not going to post every link out there. Nor am I going to get transcripts from the multiple sports media shows.
You can skip to the end of this one. It's a long read.
Initial Thoughts on the Jamal Adams Trade

https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/jamal-adams-trade-takeaways-jets-teammates-wont-be-too-upset/

Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seahawks - ProFootballTalk
Do you need more?

You've got two more articles about the trade from the Jets perspective and one that's just reporting the facts of the trade there bud. Not really disproving that on average this is seen as A-/B+ for the Jets and B- for Seattle.

Really, all I'm gathering from this is that you're not intelligent enough to realize that "Good for the Jets" =/= "Bad for Seattle".

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1486524603_giraffe-eating-popcorn.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WalterFootball was the only site I could find which agreed with my grade. I gave Seattle a B and Jets a D and Walt gave Seattle an A instead.

1) Every SuperBowl winning team in the last decade had an elite or borderline elite safety.
2) Adams is NOT just a safety. He played linebacker (OLB and ILB), safety, and cornerback last year.
3) Adams is 24, still on the rookie part of his deal, Seattle SAVES money through this trade.
3a) If Seattle does not resign Adams they get the 3rd rounder back (because someone will pay him a fuck ton) through a compensatory pick.
4) Adams is IMO the best < 20 yard safety in the league... he's 24.
5) The 1st round and 3rd round picks in 2021 are a crap shoot, because with COVID we're in all likelihood not having an NCAAF season. In before some jackass says, "Oh so their previous seasons are meaningless?" Uh.. no... but Brian Brohm was a #1 overall pick projection had he declared early. Let that sink in.
6) WTF are the Jets doing? You have a rookie contract QB, a team that went 7-9 despite your QB being injured and seeing ghosts, Tom Brady is gone, you have the best safety in the league and a top 10 defender in the entire league on your team... and you let him walk?
7) Seriously, wtf are the Jets doing?

Yah, you're going to get that with two (likely) late 1st round picks in the COVID era... Douglas and Gase are morons.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was an absolutely stupid trade by the Jets.

You FINALLY did it... you actually drafted someone in the top 10 (which you routinely do because you suck) and they ACTUALLY are HOF/All Pro/Once in a Generation talent that is one of the MAIN reasons your team went 7-9 and had a top 10 defense last year... because we all know the ghost seeing QB and fat and happy RB responsible for your WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE wasn't doing it......

And.......

You trade him. LOL. I mean you can't write this shit, but here is the New York Jets opening up the history books and taking a giant ink dump all over the pages.

About the stupidest comment I've heard on this forum (and other videos/sites) is: "LOL he's a safety though. That's too much to give up for a safety!"

NWPATS you know this as well as myself, nearly every SBOWL WINNING team in the last decade had an elite safety or borderline elite one. Adams is also not JUST a safety. He lined up at linebacker almost 50% of his snaps, and also played man cornerback.

"But Fitzpatrick was cheaper!" Fitzpatrick cannot do what Adams can... sorry.. not even close.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good trade for the Seahawks but it wasn't a stupid trade for the Jets. It was a pretty good trade for them given the fact that they clearly couldn't keep that guy around with how kept criticizing the GM and HC to the media to try to get out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an absolutely stupid trade by the Jets.

You FINALLY did it... you actually drafted someone in the top 10 (which you routinely do because you suck) and they ACTUALLY are HOF/All Pro/Once in a Generation talent that is one of the MAIN reasons your team went 7-9 and had a top 10 defense last year... because we all know the ghost seeing QB and fat and happy RB responsible for your WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE wasn't doing it......

And.......

You trade him. LOL. I mean you can't write this shit, but here is the New York Jets opening up the history books and taking a giant ink dump all over the pages.

About the stupidest comment I've heard on this forum (and other videos/sites) is: "LOL he's a safety though. That's too much to give up for a safety!"

NWPATS you know this as well as myself, nearly every SBOWL WINNING team in the last decade had an elite safety or borderline elite one. Adams is also not JUST a safety. He lined up at linebacker almost 50% of his snaps, and also played man cornerback.

"But Fitzpatrick was cheaper!" Fitzpatrick cannot do what Adams can... sorry.. not even close.

Come on man. Absolute stupid trade for the Jets? @jerseyhawksfan79 @Cave_Johnson is this me making stuff up?
The post before this he calls Adams a top 10 defender and that EVERY SB team had an elite or near elite safety. Againg just another 12 contradicting himself from one post to the next.
I'm not going to argue what is elite or near elite. So no need to list SB winning safties of the past decade.

Again no one is arguing how talented Adams is. It's did Seattle overpay or not? People need to stay focused.

None of us will know for sure for at least a year. Adams was a disgruntled employee. We know most of the 12s had no idea who he was prior to the trade but all of a sudden they're experts. His contract concerns didn't start last week. It's been going on for a year. The dude was a cancer. The Jets traded him and got a boat load unlike anything we've seen for a hybrid safety.

This speculation of the 1st and 3rd round picks are nothing because there won't be an NCCAF season? Would it matter if there was? 12s keep telling us how they can't draft in the first round or there is limited talent left when they pick. So what would another year of scouting do? Teams that have good front offices will get future All Pros and HOFrs from this draft.

Are guys like Trevor Lawrence, Gregory Rouseau, Walker little, Alex Leatherwood, Justin Fields or Ja'Marr chase going to forget how to play football? Are all their athletic skills going to vanish because there is no college fb this season?

I'll end with this those picks can be bundled to mive up. They can be traded for more picks. Wouldn't that be a luxury in a year of uncertainty having more picks?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good trade for the Seahawks but it wasn't a stupid trade for the Jets. It was a pretty good trade for them given the fact that they clearly couldn't keep that guy around with how kept criticizing the GM and HC to the media to try to get out.

F#*& Seahawk fans have me agreeing with RTK. Pandemics, riots, lawlessness. What is this world coming to?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. Absolute stupid trade for the Jets? @jerseyhawksfan79 @Cave_Johnson We know most of the 12s had no idea who he was prior to the trade but all of a sudden they're experts.

WTF are you talking about? Adams is one of the largest reasons that team went 7-9... their offense was 32nd.. DEAD last along with a QB seeing ghosts in the league. The defense is the only thing that got them there, and Adams was a huge part of it.

To say Seahawks fans don't know who Jamal Adams is? Oh I guess I don't know who Pat Mahomes is either....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? Adams is one of the largest reasons that team went 7-9... their offense was 32nd.. DEAD last along with a QB seeing ghosts in the league. The defense is the only thing that got them there, and Adams was a huge part of it.

To say Seahawks fans don't know who Jamal Adams is? Oh I guess I don't know who Pat Mahomes is either....

Do me a favor? Look up Jordan Jenkins. After that go back and look at the talent the NYJ had on offense.

Then remember the days of Bevell, Cable...
Just sayin

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do me a favor? Look up Jordan Jenkins. After that go back and look at the talent the NYJ had on offense.

Then remember the days of Bevell, Cable...
Just sayin

Why the fuck am I looking at Jenkings (that mis-spell is on purpose FYI)? A 66 PFF rated player who did fuck all last year? You're making it sound like he's Von Miller or JJ Watt.

I hated Bevell... Cable was an even bigger dork that had zero fucking clue what he was doing but for God knows whatever reason Seattle paid him. Not sure what your point is there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck am I looking at Jenkings (that mis-spell is on purpose FYI)? A 66 PFF rated player who did fuck all last year? You're making it sound like he's Von Miller or JJ Watt.

I hated Bevell... Cable was an even bigger dork that had zero fucking clue what he was doing but for God knows whatever reason Seattle paid him. Not sure what your point is there.

Well again you're helping prove my point. Thanks you guys make my life easy.
Jenkins on that D had twice as many sacks as any Hawk player. So maybe just maybe Adams wasn't the only reason their D did anything.

As far the coaches the Jet fans say hold their beer. Even with talented players, if your coaching sucks let's just say you make lemonade.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NWPATSFAN v.s the 12’s. Loving it.

It must be brutal living in that part of the country and having to hear nothing but Seahawks Homerism.

I wish more cards fans were here with me throwing jabs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NWPATSFAN v.s the 12’s. Loving it.

It must be brutal living in that part of the country and having to hear nothing but Seahawks Homerism.

I wish more cards fans were here with me throwing jabs.

Living there was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. It forced me to retire early and move overseas. I'm sure you recall the days of when you were outside of WA (-) Hawaii you'd almost never see any Hawk paraphernalia. They won a SB and bam we have 1000s of Football experts that have been Hawk fans since the ground Chuck days.

Luckily that giddiness has all but vanished.

Now if AZ would stop screwing around.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you hear? We're all retards. He has been watching Adams since he was IN COLLEGE! Have you?

Watching Jamal Adams more means you know more. Duh. Well.... unless you watch every single snap he took all year and then make a video (complete with all sorts of stats and footage) outlining why Jamal Adams is so good. Then that's just a hype video and it can be ignored completely.