• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games left no changes should be made to a line up. This may not be a bad idea but with four games left battling for playoff position is not the time to make that change maybe 4 weeks ago but not now.

Well, I think some parts of the team are set in stone, but there's still a few holes/questions.

The first line is set.

Schenn and Simmonds definitely belong together on the 2nd line. They need a 3rd wheel.

Same as above for Couturier and Read on the 3rd line. Downie played well there for a while, but wasn't the clear cut answer.

The 4th line is a mess. I don't particularly like his game, but for what they have you definitely play Hall here.

That leaves...
LeCavalier
Raffl
Downie
Rinaldo
McGinn
Rosehill (ok, not really)

...to fill the remaining 4 spots (3 if you go 11/7). I wouldn't mind if they're still experimenting with those pieces.

The D is pretty set at this point, other than the question of dressing 6 or 7 d-men. No way I give Gus (or any other d-man) minutes at forward unless I absolutely have to. That's the type of experiment you only try in the regular season, not come playoff time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games left no changes should be made to a line up. This may not be a bad idea but with four games left battling for playoff position is not the time to make that change maybe 4 weeks ago but not now.

they have to be though, because rinaldo is suspended. so changes are coming whether we want them or not, question is, what changes do you make.

looks like the flyers are playing mcginn tonight on twitter though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think some parts of the team are set in stone, but there's still a few holes/questions.

The first line is set.

Schenn and Simmonds definitely belong together on the 2nd line. They need a 3rd wheel.

Same as above for Couturier and Read on the 3rd line. Downie played well there for a while, but wasn't the clear cut answer.

The 4th line is a mess. I don't particularly like his game, but for what they have you definitely play Hall here.

That leaves...
LeCavalier
Raffl
Downie
Rinaldo
McGinn
Rosehill (ok, not really)

...to fill the remaining 4 spots (3 if you go 11/7). I wouldn't mind if they're still experimenting with those pieces.

The D is pretty set at this point, other than the question of dressing 6 or 7 d-men. No way I give Gus (or any other d-man) minutes at forward unless I absolutely have to. That's the type of experiment you only try in the regular season, not come playoff time.

Michael Raffl can be that third wheel - he's the speedy and defensive responsible forward that Simmer and Schenner need

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have to be though, because rinaldo is suspended. so changes are coming whether we want them or not, question is, what changes do you make.

looks like the flyers are playing mcginn tonight on twitter though.

You would plug in Mcginn into rinaldos spot and play from there.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGinn on 4th line with Vinnie and Hall...Downie back with Coots and Read???

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh nice, didn't see downie is back.. that's good.. i definitely think you put him with coots and read. they were better with him as a linemate than they were with raffl for a couple of games. even though raffl is the better player.

mcginn on the 4th makes sense to me.. raffl on the 2nd with schenn/simmonds

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or do they try this...

Voracek-G-Hartnell
Schenn-Vinnie-Simmonds
Downie-Coots-Read
McGinna-Raffl-Hall

That could be a possibility but there are some defensive deficiencies on that second line

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or do they try this...

Voracek-G-Hartnell
Schenn-Vinnie-Simmonds
Downie-Coots-Read
McGinna-Raffl-Hall

This looks good or you can swap Vinny for Raffl it depend how the team is playing.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A regulation or overtime win thursday combined with a Columbus loss locks up a top three seed for us. Even if both teams win, I like our chances, as we do own the tiebreaker. They would basically have to get 3 of 4 points at Tampa and Florida, then hope we lose at Pittsburgh and home against Carolina in order to pass us.

Quite frankly, we own Pittsburgh in their building and Carolina at home is a gimme. I think we could win both of those games if we absolutely had to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.