• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

26. Zac Rinaldo's situation in Philly reminds me of Ben Eager's in San Jose's. You may remember Eager took a major penalty against Vancouver in the 2011 Western Conference Final and the Canucks made the Sharks pay. Eager begged to go back into the lineup to make amends, but Todd McLellan wouldn't do it. He couldn't take the chance. Rinaldo can be a useful player, but is he at the point where the Flyers can take the chance?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26. Zac Rinaldo's situation in Philly reminds me of Ben Eager's in San Jose's. You may remember Eager took a major penalty against Vancouver in the 2011 Western Conference Final and the Canucks made the Sharks pay. Eager begged to go back into the lineup to make amends, but Todd McLellan wouldn't do it. He couldn't take the chance. Rinaldo can be a useful player, but is he at the point where the Flyers can take the chance?

i agree w/ friedman on that. side note, his articles are always interesting to read. more thought provoking than opinion providing.

if the flyers are healthy, i don't think i'd play rinaldo in the playoffs. love the guy, love what he's done up until 2 days ago, but i just dont think they can trust him. granted, i don't like rosehill in the lineup either, and mcginn wasn't exactly useful this last time around. actually, i would strongly consider dressing 7 dmen (gus) in the playoffs rather than dress 12 forwards.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree w/ friedman on that. side note, his articles are always interesting to read. more thought provoking than opinion providing.

if the flyers are healthy, i don't think i'd play rinaldo in the playoffs. love the guy, love what he's done up until 2 days ago, but i just dont think they can trust him. granted, i don't like rosehill in the lineup either, and mcginn wasn't exactly useful this last time around. actually, i would strongly consider dressing 7 dmen (gus) in the playoffs rather than dress 12 forwards.

If you dont want Rinaldo in the line up for the playoffs im sure glad youre not our GM or coach. :nod:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a good consideration - they should try 11 and 7 during the playoffs - I know teams like Tampa have played 11 and 7 before because they have 7 solid defensemen so I would really consider that

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you dont want Rinaldo in the line up for the playoffs im sure glad youre not our GM or coach. :nod:

What is your infatuation with Zac Rinaldo? He's a 4th line player, very replaceable - I made it clear before that I love his energy but if he's going to do stupid stuff, he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup - if he does something like this in the playoffs, I don't want to hear people like you endorsing this guy

Gus would be a much better fit for them and play 11/7 because he has more offense and he can jump in the play more as a forward, which would really help the 4th line, if they ever decided to put him there at any point

The energy Zac Rinaldo has means nothing if his brain isn't going to be attached to his skull

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good consideration - they should try 11 and 7 during the playoffs - I know teams like Tampa have played 11 and 7 before because they have 7 solid defensemen so I would really consider that

Why would we want to change the way we have been playing all season long right before the playoffs. If it aint broke dont fix it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your infatuation with Zac Rinaldo? He's a 4th line player, very replaceable - I made it clear before that I love his energy but if he's going to do stupid stuff, he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup - if he does something like this in the playoffs, I don't want to hear people like you endorsing this guy

Gus would be a much better fit for them and play 11/7 because he has more offense and he can jump in the play more as a forward, which would really help the 4th line, if they ever decided to put him there at any point

The energy Zac Rinaldo has means nothing if his brain isn't going to be attached to his skull

exactly this. he could provide all the energy in the world, but if the flyers spend 13 minutes on the PK because of him, playoff teams will make them pay. if not for playing an inept buffalo team, the flyers would have lost on Sunday.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we want to change the way we have been playing all season long right before the playoffs. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Flyers have not had a good last two weeks, they should be continuing to look at options - you're always trying to be better, if you're saying content someone will beat you

You think everything with this team is perfect, it's not - they should still be trying to find any edge possible to win - people need to stop overvaluing 4th liners

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flyers have not had a good last two weeks, they should be continuing to look at options - you're always trying to be better, if you're saying content someone will beat you

You think everything with this team is perfect, it's not - they should still be trying to find any edge possible to win - people need to stop overvaluing 4th liners

wasn't it suggested in another thread that steve ott would be a good signing?

god i hate that guy.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't it suggested in another thread that steve ott would be a good signing?

god i hate that guy.

Steve Ott has gotten better lately as far as cleaning up his image, so it wouldn't be a bad move - but I think they could look at other options

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about this guys, putting Gus in the lineup makes perfect sense - he could play 5-6 minutes on the 4th line with Vinny and Adam Hall and he could play 15 minutes on the blueline and it could keep Kimmo fresh(16-18 minutes instead of 20+) - Gus could be that diamond in the rough that shines if they can get into the playoffs

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes im content with a solid 2 or 3 playoff seedin the playoffs. What happens if we make that change and we lose our last few games and drop to the 8th seed or even worse get bumped from the playoffs. Play it like weve been playing all season change is not for the last 4 games of the season.

Overvaluing 4th liners? Berube raves about the teamsenergy level being off the charts when Rinaldo plays and when we play with energy we can beat anyone in the leaugue as weve seen the last few weeks.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly this. he could provide all the energy in the world, but if the flyers spend 13 minutes on the PK because of him, playoff teams will make them pay. if not for playing an inept buffalo team, the flyers would have lost on Sunday.

With Rinaldo we have been solid all year. He doesnt get 13 minutes per game in the box every game. He had a bad game and that doesnt erase plenty of games that we won because of his energy alone.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes im content with a solid 2 or 3 playoff seedin the playoffs. What happens if we make that change and we lose our last few games and drop to the 8th seed or even worse get bumped from the playoffs. Play it like weve been playing all season change is not for the last 4 games of the season.

Overvaluing 4th liners? Berube raves about the teamsenergy level being off the charts when Rinaldo plays and when we play with energy we can beat anyone in the leaugue as weve seen the last few weeks.

The Flyers aren't going to lose the last few games because they made a friggin change to the 4th line, are you serious about that? That's what gets me about people, you guys get enamored with 4th liners and think they're the end all be all - sure you need some of those guys but don't act like they're going to lose the last few games because they made a change on the 4th line

Well Zac Rinaldo's energy goes over the charts when he does dumb stuff like he did last game - and he has only 2 goals, so you can forget about him providing offense in the playoffs - going to need more than a guy that has what, 4-5 points on the 4th line

Gus in 28 games has been a +9 and has 2 goals and 10 points - he would give the Flyers a great amount of versatility and he won't take stupid penalties like Zac Rinaldo does

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, think about this, what did they do the last two weeks with Zac Rinaldo in the lineup? His supposed energy helped them lose 6 out of 7 games before they beat Buffalo last game

The guy that has a bigger impact is Steve Downie - once they lost him from the lineup that's when they started struggling - as much as he struggled, his presence is needed in the lineup - if they get him back, that 3rd line could be strong again

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers aren't going to lose the last few games because they made a friggin change to the 4th line, are you serious about that? That's what gets me about people, you guys get enamored with 4th liners and think they're the end all be all - sure you need some of those guys but don't act like they're going to lose the last few games because they made a change on the 4th line

Well Zac Rinaldo's energy goes over the charts when he does dumb stuff like he did last game - and he has only 2 goals, so you can forget about him providing offense in the playoffs - going to need more than a guy that has what, 4-5 points on the 4th line

Gus in 28 games has been a +9 and has 2 goals and 10 points - he would give the Flyers a great amount of versatility and he won't take stupid penalties like Zac Rinaldo does

Its obvious that this team doesnt do well with change so i repeat with 4 games left in the season is not the time to change anything when you have had a solid season

We played bad they last few weeks? the teams weve played were the best in the league from both conferences for two weeks straight. i think we played rather well the last few weeks and part of that is definaltely because of rinaldo.

We had Gus in the playoffs vs the devils a few years back that worked out well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing is set in stone folks. they have 4 more games where rinaldo is not an option. personally, i would like to see them dress 11 forwards and 7 dmen for these 4 games (or at least a couple of them) just to see what happens. they should win tonight and clinch the playoff birth, from there, to be honest, the flyers first round is going to be hard, regardless of if they finish 2nd or 3rd in the division, or get one of the wild cards. they'll be playing the bruins, pens, or rangers, and that's probably the 3 toughest opponents the flyers oculd have.

why not see what having 7 dmen dressed does for you? if you don't like it, you can always put rinaldo back in when the suspension is up.

on paper, i like the idea of 7 dmen. takes a little bit of stress off timonen, he can play a few less minutes and not get quite so run down. it gives you another option on the PP if streit or timonen get hurt in a game. plus, i think gus can at least be serviceable on the wing. heck, his speed could really help vinny create something :noidea:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obvious that this team doesnt do well with change so i repeat with 4 games left in the season is not the time to change anything when you have had a solid season

We played bad they last few weeks? the teams weve played were the best in the league from both conferences for two weeks straight. i think we played rather well the last few weeks and part of that is definaltely because of rinaldo.

We had Gus in the playoffs vs the devils a few years back that worked out well.

They had Gus in the playoffs vs the Penguins and it worked out well

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing is set in stone folks. they have 4 more games where rinaldo is not an option. personally, i would like to see them dress 11 forwards and 7 dmen for these 4 games (or at least a couple of them) just to see what happens. they should win tonight and clinch the playoff birth, from there, to be honest, the flyers first round is going to be hard, regardless of if they finish 2nd or 3rd in the division, or get one of the wild cards. they'll be playing the bruins, pens, or rangers, and that's probably the 3 toughest opponents the flyers oculd have.

why not see what having 7 dmen dressed does for you? if you don't like it, you can always put rinaldo back in when the suspension is up.

on paper, i like the idea of 7 dmen. takes a little bit of stress off timonen, he can play a few less minutes and not get quite so run down. it gives you another option on the PP if streit or timonen get hurt in a game. plus, i think gus can at least be serviceable on the wing. heck, his speed could really help vinny create something :noidea:

4 games left no changes should be made to a line up. This may not be a bad idea but with four games left battling for playoff position is not the time to make that change maybe 4 weeks ago but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.