• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most improved NFL teams so far in the 2024 off-season (FA's, re-signing, trades, etc.)...at least on paper

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons look scary right now with the signings of Mooney and Cousins. I could see a big improvement in 2024

Baltimore got a nice bump with Henry coming into town. They are primed for a legit SB run, but I thought the same last season too.

Carolina helped solidify their offensive line and got a good WR with Donte Jackson. They can improve a lot, and still not sniff the playoffs though.

The Dolphins seem to be trying to improve their defense and have made some moves to get better. If they can just get a better secondary, they could be dangerous. I didn't think their defense was terrible last year. Probably middle of the pack at best. A solid secondary could bump them up.

Washington picked up some nice defense weapons at LB as well. It wouldn't take much for them to improve and still be on the outside of the playoffs though.

Chicago getting Keenan Allen, Swift, and a few solid OL guys will really help give Caleb Williams a better chance to shine early in his career.

The Cowboys seem to have stalled out a bit this offseason, maybe they like what they have and decided against any big splash guys.

Who do you see as making the most improvements? (either re-signing their own guys, trading, or signing FA's)

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I do like the Lion's signing Kevin Zeitler, although he is older. Still, he was fantastic in Baltimore last year, so hopefully we has more in the tank for 2024 and beyond. I think he improves an offensive line that I thought was probably top 5 in the NFL last year in Detroit.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cowboys have fallen hard so far

I think they may have had some addition by subtraction guys, but it is odd they weren't bigger players in the FA market. I think Washington signed 4 of their players in free agency so far.

They were 12-5 the last two years, so they often have a solid regular season team, but it doesn't seem to be built for the postseason. Maybe they just plan on building through the draft or making some trades here soon.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they may have had some addition by subtraction guys, but it is odd they weren't bigger players in the FA market. I think Washington signed 4 of their players in free agency so far.

They were 12-5 the last two years, so they often have a solid regular season team, but it doesn't seem to be built for the postseason. Maybe they just plan on building through the draft or making some trades here soon.
got 3 of their coaches too

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Bengals fixed their defense. Now it looks even better than the 2021-2022. They probably have the best defensive back group in the league.

* They addressed positions where they usually draft poorly at, which is OL and TE. So it is room for error if they whiff on another early round pick.

* They swamped an aging RB for a younger one with less mileage.

Now this draft is about wants instead of needs. But if they want to play it safe(ish), go OL and DL with the first 2 picks. The rest is skill positions. Or if it's a luxury pick in the 1st, go for it. The Bengals rarely trade, but if its an opportunity to move up by giving up Higgins, they can do that too because of the added WR depth from last year's draft.

Solid A.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want for Draftsmas is a #1 WR and to complete the Chiefs super team for the threepeat attempt.
They don’t need a #1 WR and who says Rice can’t be that guy. Kelce seems like he fell off a bit but he is still a great #1 weapon. Add in Rice and Brown and they are just fine.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t need a #1 WR and who says Rice can’t be that guy. Kelce seems like he fell off a bit but he is still a great #1 weapon. Add in Rice and Brown and they are just fine.
But it'd help them. I think there's a pretty real possibility Rice is just a very nice YAC guy and doesn't develop into a #1 with his route running. His ADOT might always be very limited.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons look scary right now with the signings of Mooney and Cousins. I could see a big improvement in 2024

Baltimore got a nice bump with Henry coming into town. They are primed for a legit SB run, but I thought the same last season too.

Carolina helped solidify their offensive line and got a good WR with Donte Jackson. They can improve a lot, and still not sniff the playoffs though.

The Dolphins seem to be trying to improve their defense and have made some moves to get better. If they can just get a better secondary, they could be dangerous. I didn't think their defense was terrible last year. Probably middle of the pack at best. A solid secondary could bump them up.

Washington picked up some nice defense weapons at LB as well. It wouldn't take much for them to improve and still be on the outside of the playoffs though.

Chicago getting Keenan Allen, Swift, and a few solid OL guys will really help give Caleb Williams a better chance to shine early in his career.

The Cowboys seem to have stalled out a bit this offseason, maybe they like what they have and decided against any big splash guys.

Who do you see as making the most improvements? (either re-signing their own guys, trading, or signing FA's)
I highlighted four of the teams you mentioned, being those are my four on your list to be the top candidates for most improved. I'd rank the Commanders as #1 because not only have they already improved themselves during this early free agency phase, but they also have 5 picks in the first three rounds. If nothing else, they're setting a solid foundation. I also like/hate what Carolina is doing this offseason. The hate part comes from the fact that we have their '25 2nd round pick, so I'm hoping they suck again, but it looks like they're doing their best at turning the ship around. If the Falcons key players stay healthy, and specifically Cousins avoiding reinjury, then yeah they're looking good, too. My Bears have definitely improved, but like any team not named the Texans, going with a rookie QB, they might be improved overall, yet not show it in the standings.

BTW, the reason you couldn't include your Lions amongst the most improved is due to them already being a league powerhouse. But I don't see last year as an anomoly, I think they are going to kill it again this year as well. Solid roster, solid coaching.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Reader to the Lions seems like its low-key one of the bigger moves. Seems like he was a core piece of the Bengals D and could end up really helping the Lions if they fix their secondary. Lions did add 2 CBs that maybe raise the floor of their secondary but I think they still might need to hit on a rookie, as well.

Chicago and Atlanta probably the most improved overall.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it'd help them. I think there's a pretty real possibility Rice is just a very nice YAC guy and doesn't develop into a #1 with his route running. His ADOT might always be very limited.
Exactly. More weapons certainly won't hurt us. Is there such a thing as too many receiving options...?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Reader to the Lions seems like its low-key one of the bigger moves. Seems like he was a core piece of the Bengals D and could end up really helping the Lions if they fix their secondary. Lions did add 2 CBs that maybe raise the floor of their secondary but I think they still might need to hit on a rookie, as well.

Chicago and Atlanta probably the most improved overall.

Reader has torn quadriceps in both legs. It was no haste to try and bring him back. And even if he did recover in time, still needed to bring in another NT. Good run stopper, but wasn't worth the risk.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders I'll agree did pretty well. They were one of the better free agencies IMO.

Carolina? LMAO... please. One of the WORST NFC free agencies. Solidify their OL? With Damien Lewis who was complete TRASH for Seattle (I watched him suck, trust me - in a contract year). Okay fine, Lewis is a good signing, but massively overpaid for an RG and LG... I guess the thought process is midget 2.0 can't see over the line so the guards have to push everyone back 5 yards so a clear path can be thrown but batted down?

As for the AFC... Baltimore did very little outside of Henry. Great, they'll rush for 3,000 yards and then lose in the first round. Whatever.

Houston or KC probably takes home the trophy for best AFC at the moment and I think it's Houston in a landslide.. after Stroud's performance, it's obvious Houston is ALL in but it's also obvious some of the acquisitions believe because I don't think Houston really overpaid for anyone and while Hunter is expensive, it's 2 years... that's a "Fine, I'll help win you guys a Super Bowl" contract if I ever saw it. I can't believe you didn't list them in your original post.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep rebuild for the Pats, obviously there was no Plan B. They winged it are now are paying for it — 5 wasted years. Maybe they could be in contention in 2030?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand the excitement about Henry to Baltimore. This isn't 2020. The guy is 30 years old and I don't see him as a dominant force. I would be more scared of Baltimore if they would have signed Barkely - Paired with Jackson, Zay Flowers, and the two tight ends and that offense is dynamic. As someone that roots against them, I would be thrilled if they force-feed Henry all game while chilling their other playmakers. Just when they finally get creative on offense, they're going to go back to their old ways? Doesn't make sense to me.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand the excitement about Henry to Baltimore. This isn't 2020. The guy is 30 years old and I don't see him as a dominant force. I would be more scared of Baltimore if they would have signed Barkely - Paired with Jackson, Zay Flowers, and the two tight ends and that offense is dynamic. As someone that roots against them, I would be thrilled if they force-feed Henry all game while chilling their other playmakers. Just when they finally get creative on offense, they're going to go back to their old ways? Doesn't make sense to me.
He's a dominant force. Probably runs for 1500 to take the heat off lamar and give the offense a new look for the post-season. He didn't take a full load early in his career either.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to tell before the draft who’s the most improved, but I think my Falcons are one of the most improved - upgrading the QB position from Ridder/Heinicke to Cousins is a gigantic improvement. I think we are the favorites to win the NFC South at the moment.

The Bears should be much improved with Caleb Williams at QB and having another strong receiver in Keenan Allen.

The Packers got a boost adding in Josh Jacobs, and with Love and their receiving being more experienced now they will be dangerous this season IMO.

Teams that look weaker are the Chargers, Broncos, Cowboys and Vikings. But then again the draft can change a lot.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to tell before the draft who’s the most improved, but I think my Falcons are one of the most improved - upgrading the QB position from Ridder/Heinicke to Cousins is a gigantic improvement. I think we are the favorites to win the NFC South at the moment.

The Bears should be much improved with Caleb Williams at QB and having another strong receiver in Keenan Allen.

The Packers got a boost adding in Josh Jacobs, and with Love and their receiving being more experienced now they will be dangerous this season IMO.

Teams that look weaker are the Chargers, Broncos, Cowboys and Vikings. But then again the draft can change a lot.
The gain of Jacobs might be offset to a point with the loss of Aaron Jones. Check out his stats from the last 5 games, including the two playoff games, when he was finally back to full health. I didn't run any specific comps, but I highly doubt any other RB topped his production in the same number of games. Not saying Jacobs was a bad signing at all, but we can't dismiss Jones production in those final 5 weeks.

However, the Pack landing Xavier McKinney was IMO an excellent acquisition. Here's a kid entering his age 25 season, yet is already a seasoned pro, with a '23 PFF grade of 87.8

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it certainly isn't the Denver Broncos. Unless being in salary cap hell for two years is an improvement on paper. Looking forward to the 2028 season.