• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a trade offer from one of the guys (you will probably be able to guess which one) that was Ted Ginn and Paul Richardson for Ronald Jones. I declined it and put in the comments that I would need to get a starting running back for Ronald Jones. So later that day he actually calls me to argue his point telling me that he was willing to send me two starting wide receivers (I guess that means they start in real football) for a running back that isn't even going to be the starter in Tampa. I just didn't even really know what to say to that. What would you guys have gone with:

A. "Are you fucking kidding me?"
B. "Are you serious right now?"
C. "Are you by any chance in concussion protocol?"
D. "I'm just glad you already paid your $50.00 for the year and thanks for your donation."
E. An option of your own

Well, when dealing with the same guy on something similar I went with "We obviously place MUCH different values on our players, so I think it best we just end this discussion now since it's going nowhere."

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="SmokingMonkey, post: 11918318, member: 4358"

Got a decent WR2 as well.
upload_2018-7-19_16-3-38-png.183028

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Kearse was quite productive last yr when the dumbass wasn't playing. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a trade offer from one of the guys (you will probably be able to guess which one) that was Ted Ginn and Paul Richardson for Ronald Jones. I declined it and put in the comments that I would need to get a starting running back for Ronald Jones. So later that day he actually calls me to argue his point telling me that he was willing to send me two starting wide receivers (I guess that means they start in real football) for a running back that isn't even going to be the starter in Tampa. I just didn't even really know what to say to that. What would you guys have gone with:

D. "I'm just glad you already paid your $50.00 for the year and thanks for your donation."
E. An option of your own

So I shouldn't trade Dion Lewis for J.Allen, V.McDonald, and M.Wallace?

I countered with Lewis for Ertz so he knew not to call or text me after making an insulting offer

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Kearse was quite productive last yr when the dumbass wasn't playing. ....

not disagreeing there, but also not catapulting Kearse into my top 25WRs this year either

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

E. An option of your own
haha, yea, he offered Richardson straight up for Drake a few months ago. I simply declined with a message that we have vastly different opinions on the value of Richardson.

I can see the point on Jones, I'm not so sure he's the starter in TB either, maybe the slightly bigger half of a full blown time share, but there again, if you really think that, why would you want to trade for him? As you'll notice, i m in no hurry to make an offer :)

Funny stuff

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not pass on a starting RB in this league. Got a decent WR2 as well.
The deal:
Treff gets Amari Cooper WR
Fuzzy gets Kenyon Drake RB and J Kearse WR.

Did not mean to overstate. I got Drake and Kearse was an extra. I see Drake as a WR3 or WR4 who only makes a lineup if he overperforms or I get injuries. Drake is a starter from day one and that was enough.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not mean to overstate. I got Drake and Kearse was an extra. I see Drake as a WR3 or WR4 who only makes a lineup if he overperforms or I get injuries. Drake is a starter from day one and that was enough.

we're good, was just poking a little fun

I know you aren't expecting Kearse to be in your lineup regularly, or you wouldn't have won this damn league last yr!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much what Kearse was for me, an "in case of emergency, break glass" kind of option. Nice enough, not sexy, but can fill a hole without hurting the bottom line too much

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could no longer resist the trading typhoon that is @leftypower
I send
Rexy Burkhead and ultra headache, ultra talented Robby Anderson to Lefty
For
Michael Gallup and Tremaine Edmunds

In about a week, I've rid myself of two Jets WR's. That alone might make it a win :)

But, seriously, by my personal rankings of this draft class, I now have 2 of the best 4 RB's, 2 of the best 4 WR's, and the #2 LB. IF, HUGE IF, but if I'm close on my takes of this class, combined with what I already had, I should, SHOULD, be set up for quite awhile.

Or it could blow up in my face.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In about a week, I've rid myself of two Jets WR's. That alone might make it a win :)

This^^^^

Got a deal done with the two headed Clemson, sending Hines for 2019 1st.

Regardless of weak or strong class projected, figured I'd be able to find a RB with comparable chances next yr, and this helps shave my team down as well

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^^

Got a deal done with the two headed Clemson, sending Hines for 2019 1st.

Regardless of weak or strong class projected, figured I'd be able to find a RB with comparable chances next yr, and this helps shave my team down as well
there's always a few who blossom as seniors to be worthwhile prospects that weren't foreseen, I'm sure they'll be plenty of choices

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could no longer resist the trading typhoon that is @leftypower
I send
Rexy Burkhead and ultra headache, ultra talented Robby Anderson to Lefty
For
Michael Gallup and Tremaine Edmunds
But, seriously, by my personal rankings of this draft class, I now have 2 of the best 4 RB's, 2 of the best 4 WR's, and the #2 LB. IF, HUGE IF, but if I'm close on my takes of this class, combined with what I already had, I should, SHOULD, be set up for quite awhile.
Or it could blow up in my face.
Pleasure doing business with you @TREFF - we certainly went through just about every conceivable combo we had to get there. … In the end, I couldn't resist the floor/upside of bad boy Robby and safety blanket of sexy Rexy. Feeling very good about the additions and sad to lose the upside of the losses. But you got the guys you wanted and I got the ones I favored so win-win. …. :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit just got home and seen your offer. Not a bad offer at all, I’ll give it some thought and try to get back to you tomorrow. Been a hectic family day and got to get things put away and cleaned up. Not surprised at the offer from you, had a feeling you were interested in the player your after.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem at all. Take your time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you double check the trade offer you just countered with?

I thought you might find it a bit rich.:nod: I just feel that young studly WRs are a rare thing now a days. I don’t mind keeping him. He’s a sure thing for many years IMO.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you might find it a bit rich.:nod: I just feel that young studly WRs are a rare thing now a days. I don’t mind keeping him. He’s a sure thing for many years IMO.
Hmm..knowing the man crush Harold has for him, this has gotta to be Golladay