• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Omniscience League I - Trade Thread

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This the thread for all trade offers and discussions. In the spirit of the league, please no side conversations about trades, but post everything here.

Trading in this league goes like this:

Odd-numbered Calendar Days

8 am ET: Initial Trade Offer period OPENS.

During this period offers can be MADE in this thread. (No offers of any kind can be accepted until the Trade Acceptance period.) A player (and an owner's waiver position) can only be included in ONE offer in this period. No offers this period can include any players named in other offers this period.

You can't back out of an offer; an offer remains valid until a) it's executed, b) it's moot because a player in the offer changed hands in another accepted trade, or c) the Trade Acceptance Period closes. ("Rejecting" a trade here carries no weight at all, and the offer could still be accepted.)

Waiver position trades are swaps for the other owner's waiver position (you can only have one at a time). You can't offer only a waiver swap; the offering side must include a player, although not necessarily the receiving side (i.e. you can offer one of your players for a waiver a swap, but you can't offer just a waiver swap for a player).

No conditional trades
. Trades are only what is offered and accepted in a single period on this thread, and are free of any other obligations or future considerations.​

6 pm ET: Initial Trade Offer period CLOSES and Follow-up Offer period OPENS.

During this period all owners can make new offers on players/waiver positions offered or targeted in the Initial Trade Offer period.

No offer can be made that does not include a player named in an Initial Trade offer.

Again, you can't back out of an offer.​

Even-numbered Calendar Days

Noon ET: Follow-up Offer period CLOSES and Trade Acceptance period begins.

In the Trade Acceptance Period, any recipient of an Initial Trade Offer or Follow-up Offer can accept it. In the case of conflicts, whichever acceptance is posted first takes precedence. Please quote the offer you are accepting.​

5 pm ET: Trade Acceptance period CLOSES and commissioners execute accepted trades (make sure to set your active roster).

6:30 pm ET: All free agent players are placed on waivers - but owners can request to add a player dropped after 6 pm ET (in order to prevent somebody trying a last-minute drop in the hopes nobody can pick up the player for the current matchup). First request posted will be honored.

7 pm ET: Rosters locked. Matchup totals tallied for active roster, matches settled, and rosters unlocked.

9 pm ET: Waivers run on Fantrax.

Week 11 will be the final trading period. Also, if before that you could be eliminated from the playoffs in the next matchup, you can no longer trade (this to avoid the temptation for a 2-7 team to do a desperation "one more week!" trade).

Let fly with any questions... we'll set the date for the first trading period after we wrap up the draft.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so the trades thing I get, but the waivers I'm a little fuzzy on. I'm a little confused if there is going to be a time period that we can just pick up free agents instead of going through waivers. Let's say the first game is going to be played on February 8th (next Tuesday). Up until February 8th at 6:30pm when waivers lock, all available players will be free agents and we can make any roster moves we want. Then on February 7th at 8:00am one trade offer can be initiated (these trades can't be accepted until after noon on February 8th) with one team. At 6:00pm the initial trade offer window closes and follow up trade offers can be initiated. So are we allowed to send out as many offers as we want as long as it involves a player from the initial trade window or are we limited to one offer in this period as well? Once again any offer made during this time also can't be accepted until after noon on February 8th. Then on February 8th at noon the follow up period closes (so no more trade offers can be made) and you have until 5:00pm to accept all trade offers. At 6:30pm all free agents are placed on waivers and our lineups lock for week 1 at 7:00pm. Then waivers run on Fantrax for week 2 at 9:00pm and I'm guessing that once waivers clear then all players are then free agents and able to be picked up anytime in the next two days until waivers locks again at 6:30pm on February 10th. Is that all correct?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so the trades thing I get, but the waivers I'm a little fuzzy on. I'm a little confused if there is going to be a time period that we can just pick up free agents instead of going through waivers. Let's say the first game is going to be played on February 8th (next Tuesday). Up until February 8th at 6:30pm when waivers lock, all available players will be free agents and we can make any roster moves we want. Then on February 7th at 8:00am one trade offer can be initiated (these trades can't be accepted until after noon on February 8th) with one team. At 6:00pm the initial trade offer window closes and follow up trade offers can be initiated. So are we allowed to send out as many offers as we want as long as it involves a player from the initial trade window or are we limited to one offer in this period as well? Once again any offer made during this time also can't be accepted until after noon on February 8th. Then on February 8th at noon the follow up period closes (so no more trade offers can be made) and you have until 5:00pm to accept all trade offers. At 6:30pm all free agents are placed on waivers and our lineups lock for week 1 at 7:00pm. Then waivers run on Fantrax for week 2 at 9:00pm and I'm guessing that once waivers clear then all players are then free agents and able to be picked up anytime in the next two days until waivers locks again at 6:30pm on February 10th. Is that all correct?
Yep!

Short version on free agency: players are free agents except for a two-and-a-half-hour window on even-numbered days - from 6:30 PM until 9:00 PM.

And from 6:30 to 7:00 people can request to claim a player dropped after 6:00 PM, and we’ll execute it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so what about the follow up trade offer window, can we make as many offers to as many teams as we want during this period as long as it involved players that were in the initial trade offer, or are we limited to one offer during that time as well?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so what about the follow up trade offer window, can we make as many offers to as many teams as we want during this period as long as it involved players that were in the initial trade offer, or are we limited to one offer during that time as well?
As many offers as you like. But any offer you make might be accepted during the acceptance period - no retractions.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever drafted Dalvin Cook - any interest in Mattison's 4 good weeks when cook missed games?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial trading period is open for this "week."

I'll offer @SmokingMonkey Antonio Brown for AJ Brown.

That means nobody else should make an offer for either of those players until 6 PM ET tonight, but after that any offer including either of those players is valid.

If nobody else makes a trade offer, only offers involving one of those players will be valid.

Monkey can't accept until noon tomorrow.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and all offers expire at 5 pm ET tomorrow.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial trade period for "Week 1" is closed. Follow-up trade period runs until noon tomorrow, and all offers must involve either Antonio or AJ Brown.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no other offers have been made and the window is closed. @SmokingMonkey has until 5 pm ET to accept the offer (which I don't think he will, it was kind of to provide an example).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no other offers have been made and the window is closed. @SmokingMonkey has until 5 pm ET to accept the offer (which I don't think he will, it was kind of to provide an example).

do I formally decline here or just let it time out and expire naturally?