• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2018 Bandit draft:
I was happy with my roster- at least my starters from 2017 carrying to 2018, so I did not attempt to improve my draft position. Instead I traded my 2018 1.12 for a 1st rounder in 2019. My strategy took a bit of a hit with the Shady situation.
1st pick- 2.12 Anthony Miller WR- Da Bears- Serious speed and big hands, Could contribute in year 1.
2nd pick- 3.12 Sam Darnold QB- NY Jets- Had him ranked as #2 QB in this draft, already have Cousins and Garoppolo so this is a pick for the future.
Picks 3 & 4- Ito Smith rookie RB- Willie Snead- Vet WR, Both of these are in the hope category...hope they do something good.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if everyone else is, why not

1.3 - R. Penny. Pretty impressive film, combined with the best opportunity in the class other than Barkley.

1.4 - R. Freeman. See above, only slighter lesser opportunity. He might actually have to show up to be handed the job. But so long as he finds the stadium, job will be his to lose. And Booker isn't gonna have much to say about it.
1.9 - DJ Moore - well, widely considered the #1WR, so can't complain much, but I really preferred Ridley, but he was gobbled up at 1.6. I foresee a Steve Smith type career, if he's got the toughness.
2.7 - Jordan Wilkins. In retrospect, I should've gone Lamar Jackson, then Wilkins at 2.9. Such is life. Wilkins should handily win a significant role with only scat backs and Forsett around. IF Luck is back, could be the steal of the draft..maybe.
2.9 - E. St. Brown - considered a day one pick early on, pre combine, there's obviously talent there. Will be interesting to see which of the 3 GB rooks take the other outside WR role..no, it won't be Geronimo. Whoever it is, will be a very good fantasy asset
4.9 - Deon Cain - could be a waste of a pick and flail away behind Chester Rogers, could easily beat him and be Luck's #2 across from TY. Worthwhile gamble in the 4th.
5.9 - Taysom Hill - Drew ain't got much left, and the coaches salivate at the idea of this guy getting his shot. What the hell, why not?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.5 D.Guice - should rise to the top for skins, might not get much passing work year 1 but should dominate carries.

1.11 N.Hines - things need to fall right for him to establish consistent role, but wasn't a fan of Ballage here, and got immediate trade interest after drafting, just like the Seahawks!

3.9 D.Pettis - just thought he fell too far, wasn't expecting him to be available, traded to lefty shortly after draft

3.10 J.Samuels - could be a difference maker, could not transition well. Either way, with JConner already on team, took the gamble they don't resign bell, and hand reins to one of these guys

4.2 R.Smith - hoping to get a solid 140+ tackles/yr from this guy, smaller but extremely instinctual, compared well to Deion Jones who I've always liked

5.7 C.Williams - Fitz can't play forever, no other WRs on roster profile well outside the numbers or lack expanded route tree, and rookie Kirk spent entire college career in slot. Went to grambling st, so really could just use extra yr or two to develop at pro level

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5.7 C.Williams - Fitz can't play forever, no other WRs on roster profile well outside the numbers or lack expanded route tree, and rookie Kirk spent entire college career in slot. Went to grambling st, so really could just use extra yr or two to develop at pro level
That is true - but he said he feels 20 so figure he'll be around until he's 40. .... :D

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true - but he said he feels 20 so figure he'll be around until he's 40. .... :D

He probably could play that long, but they are going to be terrible for awhile, so it's really going to come down to whether he wants to continue being the kernel of corn in the pile of shit.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably could play that long, but they are going to be terrible for awhile, so it's really going to come down to whether he wants to continue being the kernel of corn in the pile of shit.
Nasty..

I dunno, depends on that rookie QB, if he's got "it". I personally don't think so, but I did gave him the #3 rookie QB, over Mayfield and Allen. With DJ and Fitz, and some intriguing supportive cast, there's potential there. If he is the guy

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - but he's already said he wants to return next yr. If that happens, the 1yr rental I got last yr will turn into at least 3. ... figure I'll be happy with that floor even if it's just 2. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - but he's already said he wants to return next yr. If that happens, the 1yr rental I got last yr will turn into at least 3. ... figure I'll be happy with that floor even if it's just 2. ....
If he's going one more year, #1, maybe I should've considered that offer a little more, but, #2, he may very well see something he likes in Rosen. Possibility

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not pass on a starting RB in this league. Got a decent WR2 as well.
The deal:
Treff gets Amari Cooper WR
Fuzzy gets Kenyon Drake RB and J Kearse WR.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trade between Treff and Fuzzy. Think it helps both teams.
Yep, I feel much more balanced now, slightly more dependant on rookie RB(s), but if I didn't have faith, I wouldn't have made the deals.

Kenyon Drake and Jermaine Kearse to Fuzz

Amari Cooper to me

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I feel much more balanced now, slightly more dependant on rookie RB(s), but if I didn't have faith, I wouldn't have made the deals.
Kenyon Drake and Jermaine Kearse to Fuzz
Amari Cooper to me
Well, I may just have a deal for you. ….

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a trade offer from one of the guys (you will probably be able to guess which one) that was Ted Ginn and Paul Richardson for Ronald Jones. I declined it and put in the comments that I would need to get a starting running back for Ronald Jones. So later that day he actually calls me to argue his point telling me that he was willing to send me two starting wide receivers (I guess that means they start in real football) for a running back that isn't even going to be the starter in Tampa. I just didn't even really know what to say to that. What would you guys have gone with:

A. "Are you fucking kidding me?"
B. "Are you serious right now?"
C. "Are you by any chance in concussion protocol?"
D. "I'm just glad you already paid your $50.00 for the year and thanks for your donation."
E. An option of your own

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a trade offer from one of the guys (you will probably be able to guess which one) that was Ted Ginn and Paul Richardson for Ronald Jones. I declined it and put in the comments that I would need to get a starting running back for Ronald Jones. So later that day he actually calls me to argue his point telling me that he was willing to send me two starting wide receivers (I guess that means they start in real football) for a running back that isn't even going to be the starter in Tampa. I just didn't even really know what to say to that. What would you guys have gone with:

A. "Are you fucking kidding me?"
B. "Are you serious right now?"
C. "Are you by any chance in concussion protocol?"
D. "I'm just glad you already paid your $50.00 for the year and thanks for your donation."
E. An option of your own
Tell him you “might” consider A. Brown”, but maybe not since you need a RB2 more then another WR.:D