• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad people know where I stand. It saves some awkward trade negotiations :)
Well, I had a hard time with that but after the 57th try I guess I finally hit on something you liked .. .. :suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial thoughts right after the NFL draft were a little different than where I'm at now. After watching more stuff and deeper research, Jones reminds me too much of Reggie Bush, or even worse, CJ Spiller. Bush would be nice, but not great. Absolute best case Charles like career, which is kinda pushing it (but would definitely make me eat crow)
Similar to thinking the 'Hawks made an epic blunder with Penny and drafting him #3, WITHOUT the intention of flipping him to you. (Although, that option is ALWAYS on the table :) )

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial thoughts right after the NFL draft were a little different than where I'm at now. After watching more stuff and deeper research, Jones reminds me too much of Reggie Bush, or even worse, CJ Spiller. Bush would be nice, but not great. Absolute best case Charles like career, which is kinda pushing it (but would definitely make me eat crow)
I'd go with C. J. Spiller, because Jones hasn't shown he can catch passes like Bush and I don't believe he's Charles like at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to thinking the 'Hawks made an epic blunder with Penny and drafting him #3, WITHOUT the intention of flipping him to you. (Although, that option is ALWAYS on the table :) )
Mmmm I admit I wondered about your picks and if they were made with a trade in mind. I'm not against doing a trade, it's finding a fit that has keep me from making a offer.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with C. J. Spiller, because Jones hasn't shown he can catch passes like Bush and I don't believe he's Charles like at all.

I'm going to save this post to refer back to in 3 years when Jones has outperformed Chubb, Penny, and Freeman :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to save this post to refer back to in 3 years when Jones has outperformed Chubb, Penny, and Freeman :)
OK, I’m going to do the same so that when Jones doesn’t out perform any of them I can refer back to it. At his size I don’t see him getting goal line touches, and there is no evidence that he can be effective as a receiver, so I smell committee.:nod:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I’m going to do the same so that when Jones doesn’t out perform any of them I can refer back to it. At his size I don’t see him getting goal line touches, and there is no evidence that he can be effective as a receiver, so I smell committee.:nod:

Yeah but the difference is that I've never said that I have any confidence in any of these guys over the other ones. I think that any of the 2-7 picked running backs (Chubb, Penny, Freeman, Guice, Michel, Jones) could equally be a star or a dud when we look back in 3 years, which is exactly why we traded the 2nd, 4th, and 8th picks in D1.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the difference is that I've never said that I have any confidence in any of these guys over the other ones. I think that any of the 2-7 picked running backs (Chubb, Penny, Freeman, Guice, Michel, Jones) could equally be a star or a dud when we look back in 3 years, which is exactly why we traded the 2nd, 4th, and 8th picks in D1.
Well I’ve been wrong before, so we shall see.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I’ve been wrong before, so we shall see.

Speaking of being wrong, I’ll never forget using the 1.1 on Jeromy Hill in the barbarian league only to have him stink it up. Ended up trading him straight up for Hurns after 4 weeks, which turned out to be a good idea. :L

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade just went down between Lefty and Harold. Lefty sends C. Hyde and M. Goodwin for 2019 1st and B. Martinez. Both address some potential weaknesses and I continue my pattern of rebuilding picks.

Nice doing business with ya @HaroldSeattle !!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade just went down between Lefty and Harold. Lefty sends C. Hyde and M. Goodwin for 2019 1st and B. Martinez. Both address some potential weaknesses and I continue my pattern of rebuilding picks.

Nice doing business with ya @HaroldSeattle !!!

Credit for this trade goes to you @leftypower well design offer. Although I'm not a fan of Hyde he fits into my roster nicely and Goodwin helps with WR depth, which I needed.

Nice job Lefty.:suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit for this trade goes to you leftypower well design offer. Although I'm not a fan of Hyde he fits into my roster nicely and Goodwin helps with WR depth, which I needed.
Nice job Lefty.:suds:

I think I have too much time on my hands to think about this stuff - but yea, I always look for some kind of fit with whomever I'm dealing with - hope that strategy doesn't blow up in my face. ..... Really want to get back into the 1st RD next yr and it helped with my before season cuts - which are going to be really difficult anyway. ...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have too much time on my hands to think about this stuff - but yea, I always look for some kind of fit with whomever I'm dealing with - hope that strategy doesn't blow up in my face. ..... Really want to get back into the 1st RD next yr and it helped with my before season cuts - which are going to be really difficult anyway. ...
Your putting @Chef99 to shame..I know that much

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! I heard my name mentioned!! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just comparing you to Trader Lefty..he's going next level lately.

Just havin' a little fun, bro...and btw, I LOVE yer Belichick sense of humor! ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just havin' a little fun, bro...and btw, I LOVE yer Belichick sense of humor! ;)
dAHPRZj.gif

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your putting @Chef99 to shame..I know that much

Well, think I'm done now for awhile - - unless someone comes up with something really yummy like Chef's cakes. … :D