• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2015-2016 NFL prospect chat

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed money in the NFL is gold. Even if Kaep wanted to take the pay cut, I'm sure the players union would advise him otherwise.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's dumb prospect

:L

If he could keep his nose clean and learn from this, he may have just made himself a 'value' pick for later rounds.

Sounds a lot like a Snisher project, doesn't it?

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass! Don't need stupidity added to addiction.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could go for the daily double. Select this dolt and sign Greg Hardy!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the ones you listed, Carr was in a spread, Bortles was as well. Same with Dalton and Alex Smith. Many of the QB's coming in now are from spread systems or have some sort of up-tempo game on offense. NFL teams are adjusting and having to develop elements of the spread into their gameplans. It also doesn't hurt that the NFL is doing everything in its power to limit what NFL defenses can do to offensive players.

I'll agree that spread QB's are more likely to bust out, but that shouldn't deter teams from taking one if they have a good head on their shoulders.

I thought we were talking about all the spread quarterbacks that are succeeding in the NFL right now?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were talking about all the spread quarterbacks that are succeeding in the NFL right now?

You're right, I shouldn't have said "all", but there's a good number of spread QB's succeeding in the NFL.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I shouldn't have said "all", but there's a good number of spread QB's succeeding in the NFL.

And my comment previously/answer to that was Cam Newton and Cam newton only because of his size. He can take the punishment. You can say Russell Wilson and I'm not going to argue a lot, but he had the least amount of pass attempts as a QB can have + he had Marshawn + a great D to help with ball control. Cam had solid RBs and a good D too. Bridgewater - not sure if the Vikings run much of a spread, but the same goes there - great RB and good D. Kaepernick had the same when the 49ers were good. RG3 had a good RB, but not the defense and he got hurt.

I only see 1 spread offense in the NFL that's been a big reason for a teams' success. Cam Newton. I just can't give all the credit to Russell Wilson for Seattle's success, just like the other "spread" QBs.

Bortles, Dalton, Carr, Winston are 90+% in a pro style offense currently in the NFL.

The spread offense works when you have a great RB and a QB that can run as well. But every QB in the NFL is going to take some shots and eventually get hurt.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that QB's that ran the spread in college can be trusted to come in and run a pro-style offense in the NFL. Maybe I didn't communicate that clearly enough. And I think a lot of teams are using the spread in that they employ 4 WR sets (unless they have a dominant TE) and are slinging it around more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that QB's that ran the spread in college can be trusted to come in and run a pro-style offense in the NFL. Maybe I didn't communicate that clearly enough. And I think a lot of teams are using the spread in that they employ 4 WR sets (unless they have a dominant TE) and are slinging it around more.

Maybe after sitting for a year or two they can. College spread QBs typically have no experience in calling plays on the field (typically signaled in from the sideline to each position group), little experience under center, and are typically throwing to their first read, reading only half the field, or dumping off to wide receivers on screens and slants. All that makes for quite the learning curve in the NFL.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe after sitting for a year or two they can. College spread QBs typically have no experience in calling plays on the field (typically signaled in from the sideline to each position group), little experience under center, and are typically throwing to their first read, reading only half the field, or dumping off to wide receivers on screens and slants. All that makes for quite the learning curve in the NFL.
I'm saying that QB's that ran the spread in college can be trusted to come in and run a pro-style offense in the NFL.
Shops has it right, and that's what I've been saying from the start of this convo.

Not from day one. And maybe after a year or two with Goff or Wentz, Mannion in his third year or four would be a better option.

I don't know, however that is the investment.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams Notes: No. 1 Pick, Adams, Rose, Palacio
April 16th, 2016 at 7:21pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The Rams unquestionably made the most notable move of the week, trading away a collection of picks to the Titans in order to move up to No. 1. Since then, there’s been a number of conflicting reports about exactly which quarterback prospect — Cal’s Jared Goff or North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz — Los Angeles is targeting. While we wait for news to rise to the surface, let’s take a look at a few notes out of LA, both about the Rams’ choice at No. 1 and the draft overall…

• The Rams could find a way to both secure their quarterback of the future and acquire more picks, as Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk lays out. If Los Angeles indicates that they’ll be happy with either Goff or Wentz, they could convince a team that is certain it wants one or the other to move up to No. 1 via a three-way deal with the Browns — such a move would allow the Rams to select the remaining QB at No. 2 while giving Cleveland a cache of picks. It’s an unlikely scenario, though the thought process could help explain why Los Angeles hasn’t yet indicated which signal-caller it wants (though GM Les Snead did say he’s “97% sure” which quarterback he’s taking).
  • While the Rams debate which quarterback to select first overall, they worked out another QB at their local pro day, as Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports (Twitter link) that Oregon quarterback Vernon Adams‘ workout went “very well.” Adams, who is expected to be drafted in the later rounds, could be an option for Los Angeles if they want to secure a long-term backup.
  • New Mexico State cornerback Winston Rose also participated in the Rams’ local pro day, as Wilson writes in a piece for the National Football Post. Rose posted three interceptions over 23 games during his career with the Aggies.
  • Washington State’s Kache Palacio met with and worked out for the Rams today, as his agent Brett Tessler tweets. Palacio, who started 36 games at linebacker for the Cougars, is also capable of playing fullback and works on special teams, as Tessler notes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a lot fellas dreaming about a fantasy. After Cleveland left the initial negotiations when the Titans first floated the idea of trading the number one overall because the price was just way too high, they are not now going to show up and suddenly want to make the Rams look like geniuses which they aren't. What a load of speculative bullshit!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a lot fellas dreaming about a fantasy. After Cleveland left the initial negotiations when the Titans first floated the idea of trading the number one overall because the price was just way too high, they are not now going to show up and suddenly want to make the Rams look like geniuses which they aren't. What a load of speculative bullshit!

Yeah, that's a miniscule opportunity. Cleveland is said to be ramping up in pursuing trade down possibilities.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN doing a mock draft now with MK and AS.

They have the Titans at #15 taking Josh Doctson :L

Why do the Rams have to be so stupid.. Wish this trade was all a bad dream

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN doing a mock draft now with MK and AS.

They have the Titans at #15 taking Josh Doctson :L

Why do the Rams have to be so stupid.. Wish this trade was all a bad dream

Before Treadwell or after?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Treadwell or after?

Before. Everyone on the show said they liked Doctson as the #1 WR in the draft. Hes another who had a better year in college 2 years ago vs last year.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before. Everyone on the show said they liked Doctson as the #1 WR in the draft. Hes another got who had a better year in college 2 years ago vs last year.

Interesting!!!