• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Zherdev go?

Should Zherdev go?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the trade deadline coming up, names are starting to be thrown around. I keep hearing Eric Cole as a possibility, but the Canes seem to be hanging onto a playoff spot. This bring me to Zherdev. I don't think he fits on this team. He definately has skill but I don't think he blends in with this team. He seems to be more about "I" than team. He seems to give the puck up too often by trying to make a prefect play. I, for one, can live without him.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I vote no. I dont think this team needs to make any changes unless its bringing in a superior goalie with very little going the other way.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No way, Jose. I'm kind of digging having some skilled players on the team for a change.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes been playing great as of late. Hes chasing the puck on the dump ins. Hes playing D. Hes not going up the middle on clears anymore. Hes playing LAVI HOCKEY! Keep him.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
agreeing with everyone unless it's a vet goalie that can handle the playoffs no need for change all 3 lines can be 1st liners on other teams....nodl powe for cole would be nice toss in a case of tastycakes for good measure....

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, I did not like what I saw last night. He seemed to be playing his own game and not the Flyers system. I agree he has a tone of talent, I just don't think it fits with this team. JMHO

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he's buying into the lavy system and has been playing great hockey of late! i like zherdev a lot and am probably the least of the haters on him, i like him. plus like previously mentioned, its great to have skill on the team

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love the skill, and the fact that he can turn it on at any time. I hate the fact that a player who needs to turn it on generally sucks in the playoffs.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
zherdev is the leino of last year, lavy's system takes time to get into these type of players. i'm ok to ride this one out with him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he fits on this team. He definitely has skill but I don't think he blends in with this team. He seems to be more about "I" than team. He seems to give the puck up too often by trying to make a prefect play. I, for one, can live without him.

Co-signed. Word for word.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, I did not like what I saw last night. He seemed to be playing his own game and not the Flyers system. I agree he has a tone of talent, I just don't think it fits with this team. JMHO

---

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when this team needed a goal in a tight defensive game against the pens earlier in the year Z cuts across the slot and bam top hand corner. Sometimes you need those Klima type of goals difference makers.

I also think the Giroux/Carts/Z line is starting to get it going they have looked like the top line of late...no way I'm changing it up right now. Let's see what happens closer to the deadline. IMO I'd still like to see a more skilled winger with Richie and JVR with Nodl waiting in the wings as a sub.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What is our fan base's obsession with a gifted yet lazy sniper with 16 goals, has already been given up on by 2 teams, and shows indifference to the press and fans, yet dislike for a younger scorer who has netted 46 in a season, plays defense, PP, PK, is routinely in the top 4 in virtually all offensive categories, and is doing all of this while playing out of position?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
when you say out of position what do you mean? carter has had ample opportunity to play both center and wing.

i don't think the fan base is "obsessed", i think that for the money there isn't a player available that has a higher upside than zherdev. it would be nice to acquire a replacement for nodl, but i would like to keep zherdev for the scoring depth.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not trade him. His has so much skill and has been playing much more of a two way game as of late.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanguay 1.7 Cal)
Glencross 1.2 (Cal)
Stillman 3.5 (Fla)
Hejduk 3 (Col)
Fleischmann 2.6 (Col)
Samsonov 2.5 (Car)
Cole 2.6 (Car)
Brunette 2.3 (Min)
Upshall 2.25 (Pho)
Dvorak 1.7 (Fla)
Weight 1.15 (NYI)

Player/Hit/Team

All players listed are UFA this summer (according to capgeek)

Couple interesting names on there.. but again, problem is the west is so tight i dont know who will sell in hopes of a better future and who will try to get the extra income from the playoffs.. carolina and calgary combine for 4 of the names listed, but they're in 8th in their respective conferences.. upshall was listed because i want him back, but phoenix is 6th in the conference and unlikely to trade.. brunette would be a good one to get IMO.. with the wild in 10th in the conference he could be available.. colorado is in 12th in the west and has a couple interesting names that will be UFA this summer

quoted this from myself.. from the BS thread.. i would prefer moving guys like nodl (even tho that'd make me :() and powe, and maybe a draft pick or 2, for one of the guys above..

and to propp and the obsession, i dont think its an obsession, and the perceived 'hatred' of carter comes from the fact that he can bring in a good return, because he is a solid player.. Z is not an all-around player and cannot claim a big return.. but at this point i definitely wouldn't wanna trade carter either

IMO, they should try to make a move for one of the above, if they're available for powe/nodl/picks, or just stand pat.. this team is good, the goaltending is fine.. i'm not willing to give up the ridiculous depth on this team for a marginally better goalie.. only guy out there that would be available, that i would want, would be vokoun, but he's got a 5 mil cap hit so strings would have to be pulled, and we'd have to give up too much probably

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only guy out there that would be available, that i would want, would be vokoun, but he's got a 5 mil cap hit so strings would have to be pulled, and we'd have to give up too much probably

Speaking strictly from a salary standpoint, dumping Carcillo and Nodl would free up enough money for Vokoun.

Where's Phil07ly to bitch about the cap situation now? Best team in the East with plenty of cap room.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking strictly from a salary standpoint, dumping Carcillo and Nodl would free up enough money for Vokoun.
Where's Phil07ly to bitch about the cap situation now? Best team in the East with plenty of cap room.

I can't see Florida's GM giving up Vokoun for Carcillo and and Nodl.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quoted this from myself.. from the BS thread.. i would prefer moving guys like nodl (even tho that'd make me :() and powe, and maybe a draft pick or 2, for one of the guys above..

and to propp and the obsession, i dont think its an obsession, and the perceived 'hatred' of carter comes from the fact that he can bring in a good return, because he is a solid player.. Z is not an all-around player and cannot claim a big return.. but at this point i definitely wouldn't wanna trade carter either

IMO, they should try to make a move for one of the above, if they're available for powe/nodl/picks, or just stand pat.. this team is good, the goaltending is fine.. i'm not willing to give up the ridiculous depth on this team for a marginally better goalie.. only guy out there that would be available, that i would want, would be vokoun, but he's got a 5 mil cap hit so strings would have to be pulled, and we'd have to give up too much probably

Agreed I don't have a hard on for Z but he's a wildcard that could light it up in a tight game.

As for Carts I haven't bitched about him in ages because he's actually playing hockey now BUT will he keep it up during the playoffs that's the question I'm scared of. I keep hoping he does and he lets me down over and over so I think I have a reason to be worried. If he does anything against the hawks no one would have been all pissed about Leights play because the game would have been over well before the bad goal....

I'd be all for Brunette or Cole someone like that because I'm greedy and I'd like to have 3 dangerous lines that no team could keep up with, the best D in hockey and a very serviceable goalie tandem. This team reminds me of the wings when they had osgood in net and Bob could be a wildcard in net and surprise is all but if he doesn't they can still easily win a cup with Boosh.....

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Florida's GM giving up Vokoun for Carcillo and and Nodl.

You're not too bright, are you? SPEAKING STRICTLY FROM A SALARY STANDPOINT, meaning not caring about anything other than salaries, meaning I'm not talking about the talent we'd have to give up just the money, meaning you have reading comprehension issues.