• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Season Opener: Cal Poly @ AZ

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team shoots 5% better from 3pt than they do from the field, you know it was an anomaly. That Olister kid was just a great shooter.

Agreed. plus our guys missed at least 10 points from the stripe

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, without Olister being lights out, and if we even shoot 70% from the line, we beat them by 20+. Not to take anything away from them, or to say that we played well, but those two stats were really what kept CP in the game. I would be shocked if we face another shooter who goes 7-14 from that range, or if we go 55% from the line.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot 57% from the field and 45.5% from 3. Take away Mayes' 3 turnovers and we only had 8. 6 players in double digits, AG with a double double and 4 blocks, and BA was one reb from a double double. TJ has 6 dimes with 2 turnovers, and 2 steals. Ended up 56% from free throw, which is a drastic improvement from 44% in the first half.

Overall, it wasn't a bad showing. We didn't dominate, but Cal Poly was a pretty sound team.

Yeah, FT's really killed us. We're going to have to guard the three better too, I don't want to see a team shoot this well against us from beyond the arc again. Period. I'll give Cal Poly some props but a few of those were uncontested.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, FT's really killed us. We're going to have to guard the three better too, I don't want to see a team shoot this well against us from beyond the arc again. Period. I'll give Cal Poly some props but a few of those were uncontested.

Yep, definitely can't say that we don't have much to work on. But if you look at the stats, other than that kid's 3pt and our free throws, it looks like we killed them.

I'm looking forward to LBSU.

T Steves

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't catch the game tonight, high school football playoffs are going right now. Looking at the box score, I saw Zeus didn't have a single board. Can you guys fill me in on what happened? Was he in foul trouble or what? I really think the season rides on whether or not he can dominate down low.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't catch the game tonight, high school football playoffs are going right now. Looking at the box score, I saw Zeus didn't have a single board. Can you guys fill me in on what happened? Was he in foul trouble or what? I really think the season rides on whether or not he can dominate down low.

Zeus didn't even start. York started so we had 3 guards. Didn't realize he didn't have any boards though. I think this was his first non start of his career so maybe that threw him off kilter.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeus didn't even start. York started so we had 3 guards. Didn't realize he didn't have any boards though. I think this was his first non start of his career so maybe that threw him off kilter.

He had some dort of minor hip injury, so I think he was just taking it easy. He really didn't have many minutes, in addition to not starting. Also, CP went really small on us, so I just don't think it was a good game to gauge Zeus. Besides, we definitely got enough boards from BA, AG, and company. He'll be strong against the bigger teams that are more suited to his style. Again, it's just great that we don't have to fit a square block into a circle hole. If teams are moving too fast for the 7 footer, he can take a load off, and BA moves over to 5, AG moves to 4, and so on. We can really handle any type of opponent with the versatility of this team.

Sometimes people say that we should be imposing our style on others, but I just don't see it like that. No reason to force it, when we can beat them at their own game!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have the password info to Pac 12 network we can watch replays of any game!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN still sucks. They called TJ "CJ" in the game recap. smh

T Steves

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys for the fill-ins! I'm excited to watch the season! Hopefully this is a special team that can bring home a championship. I'm also pumped for the UCLA game tomorrow! Bear Down!