• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ASU @ AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to start this out with some statistics:

On the Winter Solstice (that's December 21st to you, Jahii) Jahii Carson was averaging 20ppg. Against Texas Tech, he had an amazing 13 assists, with 2 turnovers.

Since then (in the last 5 games) he has had 9 assists and 22 turnovers (that is 1.8 assists and 4.4 turnovers per game for a -1:2.4 assist to turnover ratio). That, to go along with 15.4 ppg.

I think it's safe to say that Carson appears to be in a quantifiable nose-dive. I'm not sure what he does against AZ, but it will be the most difficult defense he has faced all season (not like the defense of UCI which he rolled out 0 assists and 5 turnovers on).

I saw an article where Eamonn Brennan gives ASU more than a boxer's chance, and I just don't see it. He's basically putting everything on Carson (see above), and Bachynski (which is going to go up against Zeus, BA, AG, and RHJ for boards). I just don't see it.

I think that Marshall is a talented kid, and I think the same about Carson. But AZ has not only gone up against talent like them before (most recently UCLA, but also Duke, and SDSU) but they shut them down. ASU has no idea what it's like to go up against us this year: not our defense, our length, or our balance.

I just don't see how they are going to come into McKale and stay within double digits. AZ has 4 days and no one else to worry about. I don't see where Carson is going to get off too many open passes with TJ in his face, and Marshall guarded by NJ, while BA/AG provides weakside D to Zues on Bach. And how is Bach going to box everyone from Zeus to BA to AG, to RHJ, to NJ out all the same play, every play???

I think that if Carson is that prone to turning the ball over, TJ will be invading his dreams all week, and in his pocket on Thursday, like [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_BpNAeeX0]Professional Theif robs 4 men on stage! - YouTube[/ame]

Am I missing anything? Because I haven't addressed that ASU has "such a great defensive efficiency rating" against the #80 SOS. I just think that with all of the rebounding and forced turnovers, that AZ won't have to be overly efficient on the offensive side. All that is to remind you that ASU has not gone up against a floor general like TJ (other than Kyle Anderson, and how ASU did there is still fresh in all of our minds).

I guess we'll see, right?

I can't wait for the AZ back court to make Jahii look like a child out there. Carson should get his points, because I don't think that TJ is as good of an on the ball defender as Carson is a one-on-one scorer. But I can't see him getting much in the way of assists to turnovers against TJ. And I think that NJ does a good job on Marshall (probably holding him to under his season average. I do think that Bach will get some blocks and rebounds; and hell, maybe he even gets some points. But how else will ASU score? I think that for ASU to get above 65 will be out of the question. I see AZ completely shutting down ASU's offensive sets.

I can't wait for this game. I hope it's a long bus ride back to McKale North, as ASU realizes they are under .500 in the Pac, and got absolutely schooled by UCLA and AZ on the road.:yahoo:

Bear Down gents, it's time for us to get all religious, and slay the Devil!!!!

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73f300006f9a25f24ca055d150432addb603b5c33aef1eb7b436fcd2a06bf4df.jpg

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be there and so will 14,500 other fans
thats all we need
BEARDOWN

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A lot of people don't even notice..."

That's because they also went to ASU.:L

And did you hear what the ASU official said? It was intentional???? "FAIL, FAIL FAIL FAIL!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ooEY9vOX0]ASU Billboard Fail - YouTube[/ame]

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep the pics and videos comin'. I'm loving this.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im Jahii Carson and I am having a sophmore slump. My teamates suck and I deserve better im feeding Marshall with my passing skills sarcasm*. I was a good passer last year 5.1 assists aint bad for the lack if spot up shooters but I averaged 3.4 turnovers but I was a freshmen....... Now I have just improved from last year I take care of the ball sarcasm*. I also throw some dimes sarcasm*

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait till Jahii leaves at least last year he got his teamates involved and didnt chuck that badly, he had a high Topg but I expected that at least he had 5.1 assists and guys like Gilling hesitated could of been more. This year hes been awful ever since tweaking his ankle. Im looking forward to see Tra Holders development more than Jahii. Hes really been dissapointing idk if he lost quickness from adding bulk, if hes obsessed with jumpers, or hes just forcing his game, maybe the ankle is still hurting, maybe he has a concussion?

Glasser will always be my fav asu pg, I have realized that pass first pgs who dont turn the rock over thats really there job, thats why TJ is the best pg in AZ and as a Sun Devil fan its tough to admit but I like TJ/Glasser/Larry Drew II type pgs who pass first and hardly turn it over much more reliable........

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im Jahii Carson and I am having a sophmore slump. My teamates suck and I deserve better im feeding Marshall with my passing skills sarcasm*. I was a good passer last year 5.1 assists aint bad for the lack if spot up shooters but I averaged 3.4 turnovers but I was a freshmen....... Now I have just improved from last year I take care of the ball sarcasm*. I also throw some dimes sarcasm*

He could have chosen UofA over the scum devils. That's his fault. Looks like NJ made the better decision. BTW, I have yet to see him posterize a UofA player. You know, like he said he was going to do. What a shame it is to see a talent like that go to waste, being coached by a jackass. But hey, it could be worse.
I still firmly believe he could be the PAC12 player of the year (sarcasm). He is the best pg in the league though, like he said (sarcasm).

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did beat you in football though an ass whooping....... But I have a feeling this will be a blood bath. Herbs gonna have the same game plan we had in 2012 at wells fargo the game Gilling went insane, try and post up your guards like Marshall on Nick try to get some spacing in there and create outside shots just like Lockett did but Uofa is much bigger now, and Johnson was a freshmen It wont work but we can try.......

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have chosen UofA over the scum devils. That's his fault. Looks like NJ made the better decision. BTW, I have yet to see him posterize a UofA player. You know, like he said he was going to do. What a shame it is to see a talent like that go to waste, being coached by a jackass. But hey, it could be worse.
I still firmly believe he could be the PAC12 player of the year (sarcasm). He is the best pg in the league though, like he said (sarcasm).

I believe he was last year but not even close this year..... I also thought Dinwiddie would be more dominate?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67uMl7-52Qc"]Arizona @ Arizona State basketball - Jan 19 at 12:30 on FOX Sports Arizona - YouTube[/ame]

Classic I wanted the Glasser and Momo mini fight I think it was Momo?

The Salem Stoudemire game winner Diogu took over late but Stoudemire went ice water I was a kid watching that game I was so upset when it went in ):

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick > Jahii

Yup............. Unless Jahii turns his season around i dont fucking get it his 3pt jumper is greatly improved and his jump shot how is he worse? The ankle? The concussion he got at addiddas nation. Nick should win Conference player of the year and its not even close...