• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Season Opener: Cal Poly @ AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTFD, I think AZ wins this pretty handily, but it will still be nice to see some of the questions get answered, and some of the rougher edges smoothed out. How many minutes does GY get, and how does he do with them. Does Miller run with a 8 or 9 man rotation. How much PT does Peters get? Does AG settle in and score more? Will RHJ make a basket besides a put-back or a fast-break? How does NJ look from outside? How do BA and Zeus look working down low on boards and defense?

Can't wait!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii: Medication, take it.

Just like on ESPN, and every other sports forum, ASU hasn't, doesn't, and won't hold a candle to the AZ fan base. While your best sport is already halfway over, ours is only beginning, and we still have 1/3 more traffic. Oh, and more AZ fans arrive weekly.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't contain my excitement! Sooo glad basketball season is finally here. Here's to a couple wins this weekend for the basketball and football team! BEER DOWN :suds:

T Steves

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so hyped for this year! I've been rocking my U of A stuff all year at a high school where everybody is asu fans. This years football team achieved a bowl bid, the rest is gravy, although Id like to see UA finish the year 3-1 with the loss coming to Oregon. Now this time of year gets even better with the basketball season starting! I've got big hopes! BEAR DOWN

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got work tomorrow and I will be at McKale so I wont be on
BEARDOWN

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii you are pathetic
At least your grammar was mostly cohesive there
making progress

Nogi I was being sarcastic man................ Please dont call me pathetic. I maybe a loser but im not pathetic. :suds:

SETITONFIRE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and more AZ fans arrive weekly.

Its called a bandwagonn Homie! As much as I hate to say it I am looking forward to seeing what you guys will do as well. Good luck and hope to see you in the PAC Championship!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more things change... the more they stay the same.

I'm hoping that they come out with good effort on defense tonight, because that will be the key to this season. On the other side of the ball, I will be counting the ball-stopping possessions. Cats fans have been used to watching chuckers the last few years (Momo & Lyons), and TJ is clearly more interested in setting up teammates than looking for his, AG and Rondae are both unselfish and willing passers... on paper this group of players (other than Tarc) are all eager to find the open man, so if they move the ball quickly and with purpose then there should be a ton of open looks.

Many people are worried about the 3 point shooting, but me, I don't care so much about their shooting percentages from the perimeter in these first 5-10 games as much as the types of shots that they are taking.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its called a bandwagonn Homie! As much as I hate to say it I am looking forward to seeing what you guys will do as well. Good luck and hope to see you in the PAC Championship!

Nah homie, it's called having one of the most loyal fan bases in all of college basketball! But you wouldn't know what that feels like, homie! Hearing UofA chants at venues from Hawaii, to Seattle, to Madison Square Garden means that you have alumni all over the country who are dying for AZ to play within range to go see, live. People usually aren't AZ bandwagon, because we don't get as much press or recognition as the UNC, Duke, Georgetown, 'Cuse, UK, Michigan, Indiana, UConn, or UCLA brands. Chances are, if you see someone repping AZ, it's because they are from Tucson, AZ, or went to AZ.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more things change... the more they stay the same.

I'm hoping that they come out with good effort on defense tonight, because that will be the key to this season. On the other side of the ball, I will be counting the ball-stopping possessions. Cats fans have been used to watching chuckers the last few years (Momo & Lyons), and TJ is clearly more interested in setting up teammates than looking for his, AG and Rondae are both unselfish and willing passers... on paper this group of players (other than Tarc) are all eager to find the open man, so if they move the ball quickly and with purpose then there should be a ton of open looks.

Many people are worried about the 3 point shooting, but me, I don't care so much about their shooting percentages from the perimeter in these first 5-10 games as much as the types of shots that they are taking.

Agreed, I've also been trying to downplay the 3pt dependence of AZ this season. We need high % shots, and the threes will take care of themselves when opponents leave our guys open on the perimeter. I see comparisons with the '97 squad in the lack of 3pt game, and the fact that they did just fine without it. Plus, we have a stellar defense, and much more athleticism than that team. obviously I'm not saying that we should win it all, hell, they weren't the best team in the dance that year (they'll be the first to tell you that. But they wanted it more, and they took it. That's what we need to do this season. Should be another fun year!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus that study removes the bandwagon effect by seeing how many fans come to the game and how much they spend even in down years.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida not exactly impressive vs. North Florida right now.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mothafucking GAME DAY, SEASON OPENER, BTFD.

ARIZONA BASKETBALL!!!!!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida with an 8 point win over North Florida... yeesh I think they are missing players but still you should at least win by double digits.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon should be way higher than #19 and Colorado should be ranked around the 20s Dinwidde? Colorado is a tough place to play. Everyone disrespecting the Pac nothing new here.