• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of RBs

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank fucking God we didn't trade for him...

This team needs to be thinking Center, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL and defensive line with our first 4 picks. And Burns is a 4-3 DE... I still think we should go back to a 4-3 defense. Kyler Murray and the Cards suck so that's hardly a good benchmark to use. Or maybe we draft another RB in the 1st... Seattle could be the first team to be like, "Fuck QB... we're just drafting runningbacks and defense and ensuring our QB game manages" lol.

Although I was pretty impressed with Mone last game....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sticking with the no RB in round 1 ever. Period.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact the 49ers got fleeced HAHA look at all the "future" talent they gave up for a often injured players. Hell Lets see if they want Penny for a 5th!

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

with 4 picks in top 64.....guaranteed, probably picks like 8,15, 40, 47 more likely. ( Or even 5,12, 37, 44 )
with 8 and 40 coming from Denver.....LOLLOLLOLL

I want a TOP Center, with one of those picks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

with 4 picks in top 64.....guaranteed, probably picks like 8,15, 40, 47 more likely. ( Or even 5,12, 37, 44 )
with 8 and 40 coming from Denver.....LOLLOLLOLL

I want a TOP Center, with one of those picks.

I am targeting Patterson (Notre Dame center) with one of our picks. He fits Waldron's offense perfectly, has yet to allow a sack in his college career.... you rarely see centers go top 15, but I think he cracks it... might just be the Broncos pick that locks him up for us. He can also play guard and Seattle loves flexibility on the line (Schneider/Carroll have always liked that).

Plus, Notre Dame just creates good OL.... I really want Patterson with one of our firsts. Hopefully Metcalf is okay... (he said he was and was smiles in the locker room) - otherwise we may need a wide receiver early on.... but I'd really like Seattle to secure a center.

Lucas, Cross, Lewis, Patterson....

omg-what.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am targeting Patterson (Notre Dame center) with one of our picks. He fits Waldron's offense perfectly, has yet to allow a sack in his college career.... you rarely see centers go top 15, but I think he cracks it... might just be the Broncos pick that locks him up for us. He can also play guard and Seattle loves flexibility on the line (Schneider/Carroll have always liked that).

Plus, Notre Dame just creates good OL.... I really want Patterson with one of our firsts. Hopefully Metcalf is okay... (he said he was and was smiles in the locker room) - otherwise we may need a wide receiver early on.... but I'd really like Seattle to secure a center.

omg-what.gif
thankfully Centers are not normally drafted in the first round because I would barf if they drafted one with a 1st round pick. We need a Guard also not to forget DT or 2/LB or 2 /S

I would go BPA in positions of need DT/LB/S/G the first 2 rounds ( 4 picks )

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank fucking God we didn't trade for him...

This team needs to be thinking Center, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL and defensive line with our first 4 picks. And Burns is a 4-3 DE... I still think we should go back to a 4-3 defense. Kyler Murray and the Cards suck so that's hardly a good benchmark to use. Or maybe we draft another RB in the 1st... Seattle could be the first team to be like, "Fuck QB... we're just drafting runningbacks and defense and ensuring our QB game manages" lol.

Although I was pretty impressed with Mone last game....
Millen said they only ran like 3 plays the whole last game from a traditional 3-4.

They are doing what you would expect them to do and adapting to the strengths they have and trying to work away from their weaknesses.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

omg-what.gif
I 100% want to target 3 players with our first pick... I won't be too happy if we take a QB in the 1st round...
  • Jalen Carter / DT Georgia
  • Will Anderson / DE Alabama
  • Myles Murphy / DT Clemson
2nd pick in the 1st, I'd love to target these next 3:
  • Antonio Johnson / CB Texas A&M
  • Jared Verse / OLB Florida St
  • Paris Johnson / G Ohio St
1st pick in 2nd round:
  • Bryan Bresee / DT Clemson
  • Hendon Hooker / QB Tennessee (If available)
  • Noah Sewell / LB Oregon
2nd pick in 2nd round:
  • Sikai Ika / NT Baylor
  • Malachi Moore / S Alabama
  • BJ Ojulari / LB LSU

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% want to target 3 players with our first pick... I won't be too happy if we take a QB in the 1st round...
  • Jalen Carter / DT Georgia
  • Will Anderson / DE Alabama
  • Myles Murphy / DT Clemson
2nd pick in the 1st, I'd love to target these next 3:
  • Antonio Johnson / CB Texas A&M
  • Jared Verse / OLB Florida St
  • Paris Johnson / G Ohio St
1st pick in 2nd round:
  • Bryan Bresee / DT Clemson
  • Hendon Hooker / QB Tennessee (If available)
  • Noah Sewell / LB Oregon
2nd pick in 2nd round:
  • Sikai Ika / NT Baylor
  • Malachi Moore / S Alabama
  • BJ Ojulari / LB LSU

I like Sewell out of Oregon. He is a pretty good zone coverage linebacker (analysts indicate he struggles more in man), can play in a hybrid/3-4, and definitely has the athleticism to be coached up and excel in the NFL.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I like Blythe and think he is serviceable with a solid line around him. So, I wouldn’t draft a C to replace him just yet.
DL and LB are more pressing needs IMO. If Penney isn’t signed, another RB might be a good plan in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Finding another BWags would be spectacular. I was hoping Brooks would fill that need, but have some doubts on that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our first 4 picks should probably all go defense, if we really want skill position players we can get them round 3 and later. that includes QB if Geno gets extended.

just please dont throw away a 2nd rounder on another RB or WR like they have so many times in the past

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our first 4 picks should probably all go defense, if we really want skill position players we can get them round 3 and later. that includes QB if Geno gets extended.

just please dont throw away a 2nd rounder on another RB or WR like they have so many times in the past
If there is a QB with NFL starter potential Seahawks need to try and get him, after that yeah take a look at defensive players or maybe interior OL depending how the talent stacks up. Not buying that Geno has transformed into a top QB long term. I highly doubt Seahawks are using a 1st or 2nd on a RB or WR next draft given they have good quality starters at those positions. Too early to know where the talent lies for next draft yet.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stack the defense and I think Geno will do fine for another 2 years, not sure we need to use a top pick on a QB.
If we end up with a top 3 pick from denver I might reconsider.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks signing Johnathan Abrams should be interesting regards to depth... He was the Raiders #1 pick in 2019... Had a promising career but was hurt his first game of the season as a rookie and missed the remainder of the season... Had a decent 2020 campaign... I remember him in hard knocks thinking he was going to be a stud...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one is really talking about the addition of Abrams... I'm stoked to have this guy on the team... If Pete can figure out how to put him in situations to succeed, he's going to be a huge pick up for us down the stretch - specifically against the run... Apparently his pass coverage needs help but at least, for the most part we won't be facing too many good QB's down the stretch...... We needed Safety depth badly...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF seems to think Abrams is the worst safety in the league

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF seems to think Abrams is the worst safety in the league
Their rating of Geno before the season wasn't very good either...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abrams has looked bad because he is another Jamal Adams type. Hawks still looking for another BamBam but they are not going to find it in a frame smaller than 6 foot 3, 220lbs+ so stop looking.

Had the Hawks not traded for fooking Jamal ( Worthless POS ) Adams they could have snatched Hamilton with their 2nd pick in the first and we don't have a safety issue right now. He is the best rookie safety this year and I guess he should be as he was drafted first but yeah what i am saying is he has improved as a player this year and looks to be at least a solid Safety. Something we lack at both FS and SS.