• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns @ Seahawks: Week 8

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was watching that Raiders game and Jimmy G looked dreadful... I can't believe there are people who still want Jimmy G over Geno...

Also watched J. Allen play last week and Mahomes this week and they were making bad throws as well that resulted in INT's... Now i'd definitely take those two over Geno without a 2nd thought but they make boneheaded plays as well...

First 3 drives against the Browns, our offense scores... Then they sputtered a bit against a great defense, resulting in Geno getting pooped on by our fan base but then he has a very good, game winning drive and no one gives him in any credit for that... It's just like fans want to only focus on the negative things for an above average QB...

My take is, if your expectations for Geno are already low and you view him as a below average QB, then when he plays bad, isn't he meeting your expectations? If someone is meeting your expectations, you shouldn't be complaining about that person meeting your expectations... If you're constantly complaining about him, that just tells me you have higher expectations of him...

Thankfully i never said I would take Jimmy G. Geno is a sub par Starter. The league is FULL of sub par starters and we can find a younger one with some upside because Geno has NONE! Let him grow with the team. We could make the playoffs but with Geno we will lose the first game and he will throw 2 Picks with the final one in the redzone for a chance to win. That's Geno.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point, they have UP SIDE! We are wasting time with Geno. He will NOT become better over night. We have a massively talented offense that can carry a younger QB and still win the games we are winning with Geno.

what is so HARD to understand? :L

What upside does Derek freaking Carr have? Or Baker Mayfield? When you say that Andy Dalton is a better QB than Geno, you invalidate your entire argument.

The Older Vets i listed have had better careers and have PROVEN they are better than Geno over and over again as they HAVE been starters. Geno is BARELY starter quality. Most of this season he has not even been starter quality. The talking heads were saying " If he can't stop throwing Redzone INT's he is going to lose his job sooner rather than later" " He throws way to many high risk passes into a crowed" I agree 100%

If he Geno keeps winning games, you know the entire point of playing the game, he isn't going to be benched. You are solely focused on his bad plays and dismiss his good plays. Which is why you keep bringing up the one bad throw on the game winning TD and ignoring all the other good throws.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully i never said I would take Jimmy G. Geno is a sub par Starter. The league is FULL of sub par starters and we can find a younger one with some upside because Geno has NONE! Let him grow with the team. We could make the playoffs but with Geno we will lose the first game and he will throw 2 Picks with the final one in the redzone for a chance to win. That's Geno.

You literally offered Derek Carr as a viable alternative. So you are just looking for change for the sake of change.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad geno is basically derek carr, good geno is head and shoulders better than carr

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad geno is basically derek carr, good geno is head and shoulders better than carr

That seems about right.

There are about 10 QBs that I would clearly take before Geno. Maybe another 5 or 6 that young and could be considered the risk. And there are about 10-12 QBs that I most certainly do NOT want over Geno. Geno is anywhere between 10-20 but they are all largely interchangeable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty cool analysis of our OL against the Browns by a couple of former NFL linemen.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What upside does Derek freaking Carr have? Or Baker Mayfield? When you say that Andy Dalton is a better QB than Geno, you invalidate your entire argument.

If he Geno keeps winning games, you know the entire point of playing the game, he isn't going to be benched. You are solely focused on his bad plays and dismiss his good plays. Which is why you keep bringing up the one bad throw on the game winning TD and ignoring all the other good throws.

Andy Dalton IS a better QB than Geno ever has been so has Derek Carr and Stop being ignorant on Baker Mayfield just because you're a hater. Baker has 10 TD and 4 INT's how many does Geno have on a BETTER team? Oh thats right 9 TD and 6 int. Try and Say the the Bucs Offense is as good as Seattles go right ahead. Baker makes it function better than ours though. Dalton has thrown for almost 40,000 yards in his career and has thrown 246 TD whats Geno done? Oh thats right sat on a fooking bench. Derek Carr is also a Vet that is at and reached a higher point than Geno ever has been. Sure none of these guys are studs but they all have something in common. They are and have been a better QB for their long or short careers than Geno EVER HAS BEEN LMFAO!!!!!! And if that is NOT the truth then why was Geno a Back-up and ALMOST OUT OF THE LEAGUE for most of his career?

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton IS a better QB than Geno ever has been so has Derek Carr and Stop being ignorant on Baker Mayfield just because you're a hater. Baker has 10 TD and 4 INT's how many does Geno have on a BETTER team? Oh thats right 9 TD and 6 int. Try and Say the the Bucs Offense is as good as Seattles go right ahead. Baker makes it function better than ours though. Dalton has thrown for almost 40,000 yards in his career and has thrown 246 TD whats Geno done? Oh thats right sat on a fooking bench. Derek Carr is also a Vet that is at and reached a higher point than Geno ever has been. Sure none of these guys are studs but they all hve something in common. They are and have been a better QB for their long or short careers than Geno EVER HAS BEEN LMFAO!!!!!!

I don't hate Mayfield or any other QB. I would be fine with Mayfield. But it is absurd to say that he would be a clear improvement over Geno.

Your entire rant betrays your obvious dislike of Geno Smith. Who the hell cares about career stats? Peyton Manning has far better stats than either of them. Does that mean that we should bring Peyton in to play QB?

What's funny about your rationalizations is that we are saying that Geno is in a pool of QBs that include people like Carr or Mayfield but you feel some weird need to state unequivocally say that Geno is worse.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton
Derek Carr
Baker Mayfield
Geno Smith
691143180363.412,8447.173548415585.6-

Uhm nope Geno only compares to Baker Mayfield who is younger and will continue to improve. Geno raised his career rating A TON last year with a abnormal season and he still doesn't have the QB rating as high as Baker Mayfields. LMFAO!

I find it REALLY SAD you all seem to "DISCOUNT" the talent level we have on our offense. EVERY SKILL PLAYER on this team has the ability to raise the play of the QB. Baker, Carr Dalton all would do better behind this Oline with these skill players. Our Oline I am not afraid to say is the best Oline we have had since 2007 and they will only get better. Now i never said i WANTED Carr or Dalton i just named then as BETTER QB'S than Geno and they are their Career stats prove that.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its crazy that andy dalton, who is basically just a guy, has almost 40k passing yards.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its crazy that andy dalton, who is basically just a guy, has almost 40k passing yards.

And Derek Carr who is basically "Just a guy" is right behind him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton
Derek Carr
Baker Mayfield
Geno Smith
691143180363.412,8447.173548415585.6-

Uhm nope Geno only compares to Baker Mayfield who is younger and will continue to improve. Geno raised his career rating A TON last year with a abnormal season and he still doesn't have the QB rating as high as Baker Mayfields. LMFAO!

I find it REALLY SAD you all seem to "DISCOUNT" the talent level we have on our offense. EVERY SKILL PLAYER on this team has the ability to raise the play of the QB. Baker, Carr Dalton all would do better behind this Oline with these skill players. Our Oline I am not afraid to say is the best Oline we have had since 2007 and they will only get better. Now i never said i WANTED Carr or Dalton i just named then as BETTER QB'S than Geno and they are their Career stats prove that.

We aren't discounting it. There is a lot of talent. But you are wildly overstating the case.

The offensive line is still more of a work in progress than a finished product. More than anything, that determines how good the offense can be.

You have convinced yourself that Geno is the only issue with the offense and that replacing him with almost any JAG would turn the offense around. You have convinced yourself that everytime Geno throws it away or takes a sack, he missed some wide open receiver.

The NFL isn't Madden football. There's more to being a good QB than stats. Which is maybe why Andy Dalton has been on 5 teams in 5 years.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't discounting it. There is a lot of talent. But you are wildly overstating the case.

The offensive line is still more of a work in progress than a finished product. More than anything, that determines how good the offense can be.

You have convinced yourself that Geno is the only issue with the offense and that replacing him with almost any JAG would turn the offense around. You have convinced yourself that everytime Geno throws it away or takes a sack, he missed some wide open receiver.

The NFL isn't Madden football. There's more to being a good QB than stats. Which is maybe why Andy Dalton has been on 5 teams in 5 years.

And thats where you are wrong. I think they would be able to do what they are doing now "Not get better" with a dozen QB's in this league and some have upside and will "Improve" with the playing time. Geno is who Geno is, He will not "GROW" or improve the team but you can't say that about a younger QB that improves with time playing. The Hawks are in a unique situation, They have the offensive talent to carry a below average to average QB. Take this advantage and use it for the future good of the team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats where you are wrong. I think they would be able to do what they are doing now "Not get better" with a dozen QB's in this league and some have upside and will "Improve" with the playing time. Geno is who Geno is, He will not "GROW" or improve the team but you can't say that about a younger QB that improves with time playing. The Hawks are in a unique situation, They have the offensive talent to carry a below average to average QB. Take this advantage and use it for the future good of the team.

Saying that 28 year old Baker Mayfield is young and has upside is LOL funny.

And take advantage of what? All those guys are on other teams. Or is this more of your "who cares that we are 5-2 and in 1st place in the division. Let's see what Drew Lock can do?" silliness?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, for anyone that wants to get a pretty detailed breakdown of Geno's play on Sunday, check this out...

Sadly he doesn't engage in any mind reading of what Geno was thinking.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, for anyone that wants to get a pretty detailed breakdown of Geno's play on Sunday, check this out...

Sadly he doesn't engage in any mind reading of what Geno was thinking.
watch at your own risk... ;)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that 28 year old Baker Mayfield is young and has upside is LOL funny.

And take advantage of what? All those guys are on other teams. Or is this more of your "who cares that we are 5-2 and in 1st place in the division. Let's see what Drew Lock can do?" silliness?

Did i say i wanted Baker Mayfield? See you like to put words in my mouth. Someone asked me what QB's are better than Geno so listed them that doesn't mean i want them. When Mayfield was a Free Agent sure because he comes cheap but not if we have to trade for someone. Hell i said after Lawrence had a SHITTY rookie season to trade for him back then because i knew he was better than what he showed and would have came cheap, go look it up. Everyone thought he was a bust, not me. Sure he may not be a great QB but he is better than Geno and has upside. But you are again completely MISSING THE POINT! The point is the talent is there to carry a project QB with upside. Geno is a Project QB LMAO with ZERO NADA NOTHING as far as upside.

Geno has nothing to give this team than what he all ready did. If you remove his first 7 or 8 games last year his stats line is BAD! and that was his BEST SEASON EVER! it wont happen again even though the talent he is working with can carry his ass. he is a Back-up at best QB that is what he is. Would you rather Geno had 10 TD and 4 Ints or 9 TD and 6 Ints??? answer that. Remove 2 INT's and add a TD and they beat Cincy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few fun threads to look back on...

Geno Staying put