• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd? Target EDGE and ILB. The entire linebacker crew needs starters and correction IMMEDIATELY. I'm fine dealing with Lock for next year. I mean if Willis is available? Eh.......... but I've seen how running QBs work out. They don't. Just draft linebackers. Barton sucks and Brooks can't cover for shit. Just draft linebackers/EDGE.

As for OT? It HAD to be addressed Fudge. I'm high on Forsythe but that's not enough. Curhan I'm not high on. Left tackle is a GLARING hole after Brown left and IMO Cross (if he can stop holding) is the most NFL ready pass blocking tackle in this draft. And the fucker is barely 21... he can be a franchise left tackle for the next 15 years.. my liver will probably kill me by then.

Oh I agree but the point I was getting at is

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO I WANT TO HEAR...

THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SELECT: CARSON STRONG QB NEVADA

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree but the point I was getting at is

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO I WANT TO HEAR...

THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SELECT: CARSON STRONG QB NEVADA

I mean with a 4th or something, fine....

If we select him today I'll be annoyed. If we select him with the 2nd I may just plug pull...

That said, drafting Mafe and Dean I'm going to explode all over this screen..

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean with a 4th or something, fine....

If we select him today I'll be annoyed. If we select him with the 2nd I may just plug pull...

That said, drafting Mafe and Dean I'm going to explode all over this screen..

Mafe is my pick.

I was chatting with SJ a few minutes ago.

I don't want CB. We can afford to wait

I can wait a year for QB.

I can't justify a MLB for 41.

What about a T or OLB?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully they didn't do something stupid and draft Jordan Davis. Look I get it, the guy will be a stud against the run... THE RUN. Yah Seattle doesn't have issues against the run nor do they project to have issues with it going into 2023. The entire league is shifting to PASS PASS PASS.

There's 3 things you do about that.

Get a QB: well Seattle needs to still figure this out but okay... easier said than done.
Protect the QB: DING DING DING, Cross is far and away the best pass blocker of this draft.
Get to the QB: Well we really don't have that yet... but maybe today.

Jordan Davis does NONE of those things.
davis is an athletic freak, he is more than just a run stuffer

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davis is an athletic freak, he is more than just a run stuffer

I mean, maybe? He hasn't proven it, so why are we willing to take that risk?

You know who has proven pass blocking in a PASSING league? Cross.... so let's take the proven commodity in the league that currently is drafting and acquiring talent to do just that... protect against or strengthen the pass rush.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, maybe? He hasn't proven it, so why are we willing to take that risk?

You know who has proven pass blocking in a PASSING league? Cross.... so let's take the proven commodity in the league that currently is drafting and acquiring talent to do just that... protect against or strengthen the pass rush.
Agreed. He's hopefully going to be the corner stone of the line to protect our QoF that the FO gets in 2023.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping we don’t trade down, just take these picks back to back … Trading down can work but we’ve done that so much, kinda want to see them just take the best prospects on the board ..

Reactions: MrS

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping we don’t trade down, just take these picks back to back … Trading down can work but we’ve done that so much, kinda want to see them just take the best prospects on the board ..

I'm a BPAPPON

Best
Player
Available
Per
Position
Of
Need

Needs: OT, Edge, LB, WR*, CB

I just want a backup just incase Metcalf plays Hardball. Someone like John Metchie, who is coming off of ACL surgery

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd round is LOADED with talent but I agree we should just stay put... the early 2nd might as well be the 1st round in this draft. If we somehow get Mafe and Dean tonight I'm going to jizz all over this monitor... and it's an expensive monitor..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a BPAPPON

Best
Player
Available
Per
Position
Of
Need

Needs: OT, Edge, LB, WR*, CB

I just want a backup just incase Metcalf plays Hardball. Someone like John Metchie, who is coming off of ACL surgery

I would go edge and cb as a priority, unless some obvious stud is there… LB needs to be addressed as well..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkonabicycle and @boogiewithstu2007

What about Kenneth Walker III at 41?

I'm not opposed to walker, but I think we have bigger needs at EDGE, QB and ILB at this point. While I 100% think the 3rd rounder needs to be a runningback, I like the talent that's available in the early 2nd at the aforementioned positions.

We had a horrible pass rush last year and an even worse coverage group with the inside linebackers. Despite his HOF career Bobby lost a step last year and Brooks looked 100% lost in coverage. That needs to be fixed asap as well as the anemic pass rush. I get RB is a need as well, but it's less of a need and RB is a position you don't build a team on... you supplement it with... hence hold out until later rounds. QB goes without mention for obvious reasons, so if Seattle thinks an option is there, go for it.

I mean if Walker drops to the 3rd, sure!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn, I wanted Ebiketie

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88