• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Cook would fit the mold of a 3rd down back, younger brother of Dalvin Cook.

a lot of good backs to be had in the later rounds

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not up to date on the college personal in the draft enough to make an educated guess yet. However it seems apparent that a running back is a priority.
The question is does that indicate the team is moving on from both Carson and Penny, or could one of them still return?

I'll be happy if they just address areas of need instead of wasting a high pick on something like WR (nothing specific against Eskridge but we sure could have used DL, OL, DB over a #3 WR last year).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

I just think that Seahawks Draft talk should include all of us. Not 2 of us

Joking, my dude :)

And I am ALL for drafting a RB. There was early rumors that we were going to trade for/sign Kamara and I was super annoyed by that thought.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce seems decent, but he looks like an off tackle runner and a patient one. There's some highlights where he goes in the middle but he likes to bounce to the outside so our tackles have gotta be up to task. He does duck through some holes though and seems to get more yardage than what appears to be there.

I like him more than Spiller. Lot of Spiller's runs seemed to have glaring wide open holes...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce seems decent, but he looks like an off tackle runner and a patient one. There's some highlights where he goes in the middle but he likes to bounce to the outside so our tackles have gotta be up to task. He does duck through some holes though and seems to get more yardage than what appears to be there.

I like him more than Spiller. Lot of Spiller's runs seemed to have glaring wide open holes...
Pretty accurate.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was skimming through the posts here after @Judge Fudge tagged me and saw ya'll have been talking HBs.

Tyler Allgeier from BYU is a guy that the Seahawks might look at. He lacks straight line speed but he's a tough runner who is hard to bring down and his 40 time isn't much slower than that of Chris Carson.

I'll have to watch some more on him but he could be an interesting option. Only concern of mine is that I'm not sure he will be able to break as many arm tackles at the NFL level.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was skimming through the posts here after @Judge Fudge tagged me and saw ya'll have been talking HBs.

Tyler Allgeier from BYU is a guy that the Seahawks might look at. He lacks straight line speed but he's a tough runner who is hard to bring down and his 40 time isn't much slower than that of Chris Carson.

And that's Seahawks football to me.

Have a good pass game and Tough, hard nose run game

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get a 1st. I wouldn't mind Jordan Lewis
Do you mean Jordan Davis?

I guess it depends on how much you value his skill set. I'd be happy if we drafted him purely from the perspective that I love freak athletes like him, but don't let his 40 time fool you, he will be a one dimensional player. Davis will probably become one of the best run defending DTs the second he sets foot on an NFL field, but he's a 2-down lineman who offers nothing rushing the passer.

That all being said, I'd be thrilled if we landed him in the second round but he doesn't fit what we need right now. The Seahawks didn't have any issue stopping the run, they need impact pass rushers.

Despite Davis' combine performance, I could actually see him falling unless a team either needs a run stuffer or thinks he can develop into a reliable pass rusher.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean Jordan Davis?

I guess it depends on how much you value his skill set. I'd be happy if we drafted him purely from the perspective that I love freak athletes like him, but don't let his 40 time fool you, he will be a one dimensional player. Davis will probably become one of the best run defending DTs the second he sets foot on an NFL field, but he's a 2-down lineman who offers nothing rushing the passer.

That all being said, I'd be thrilled if we landed him in the second round but he doesn't fit what we need right now. The Seahawks didn't have any issue stopping the run, they need impact pass rushers.

Despite Davis' combine performance, I could actually see him falling unless a team either needs a run stuffer or thinks he can develop into a reliable pass rusher.

Yah I meant Davis.

I was thinking of that Speed to chase down guys like Lance or Murray

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's Seahawks football to me.

Have a good pass game and Tough, hard nose run game
I like what I see on tape from Allgeier, but my biggest reservation is that it came against less than stellar competition and it's hard to say if his power will translate to the NFL level.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I meant Davis.

I was thinking of that Speed to chase down guys like Lance or Murray
The issue is him getting past blocks while rushing the passer.

Also if Trey Lance is the 49ers starting QB I think the 49ers have made a colossal mistake.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I see on tape from Allgeier, but my biggest reservation is that it came against less than stellar competition and it's hard to say if his power will translate to the NFL level.

I'm the same way with Pierce. I saw on the Tape I posted.

Loved the Vision
He catches the ball
Like the Balance

My issue is his Style and the fact he is 5'10 and 190.I think.

Doesn't equate for a long career professionally

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still fine with Homer as our #3. He is fine and is excellent at pass blocking AND can be a weapon when he gets the ball in his hands. We do need a RB though that we can trust and I think all of you know what I mean. I'm 100% sure the Hawks coaching staff feels the same way we do. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they draft a RB and if Penny leaves then it's almost a given they take one "earlier" than you all or some of you hope. :noidea:

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking punter....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still fine with Homer as our #3. He is fine and is excellent at pass blocking AND can be a weapon when he gets the ball in his hands. We do need a RB though that we can trust and I think all of you know what I mean. I'm 100% sure the Hawks coaching staff feels the same way we do. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they draft a RB and if Penny leaves then it's almost a given they take one "earlier" than you all or some of you hope. :noidea:
Homer is very meh, a late round pick could upgrade significantly.
A starter is a higher priority though and i dont see us taking two RB's so homer probably stays

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer is very meh, a late round pick could upgrade significantly.
A starter is a higher priority though and i dont see us taking two RB's so homer probably stays

Homer is not meh! where do you get that? because he doesn't get the playing time? It makes sense why he doesn't get a lot of playing time, he was a #3 coming to the end of his contract and they have a younger RB in Dallas who actually has been meh. Homer had 21 rushing attempts for 177 yards and a TD. Dallas had 33 for 138 and 2 TD's.

Neither Homer or Dallas are starter quality but Homer adds an element in special teams and as a 3rd down back with the best pass blocking not to mention he is probably the best receiving back on the team.

Hawks need a Starter though that can stay healthy, neither Penny or Carson can say that even though I like both those guys. So i agree with them needing a starter type guy 100% if they don't bring back Penny/Carson. Just don't let Homer walk and keep a player not on his level in Dallas. Homer Helped the Hawks win games, Dallas didn't.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
homer plays hard, I just dont think his talent level is very high and he is lacking in almost every area physically. dallas is meh too just in different ways.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks now have a slew of picks this season.