• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rating franchises best teams (History)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the '15 Panthers are rated as the best Carolina team in their short history.

I'd click on the link, but I'm a busy man.

Yes but with a * next to it, saying, "if they would get there QB to grow and stop dancing around like Michael Jackson folks could take them more serious."

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but with a * next to it, saying, "if they would get there QB to grow and stop dancing around like Michael Jackson folks could take them more serious."

Effrontery! Those pukes need to be told to go to hell...do you mind doing it for me???

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 2008 Cardinals were better than the 2015 team. Other than that, solid choices.

No. That team was 9-7. The 2008 team was terrible on defense. Close to a bottom 5 defense, at least in the bottom 10. The OL wasn't very good & we couldn't run the ball.

Basically, Warner & Fitz willed that team to the SB. And lets not forget they played in, at that time, the worst division in football.

I don't even think the 2008 team was better than the 2014 team with a healthy Palmer.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings were dominated in that Superbowl.

The 75 and 98 Vikings lost 3 and 2 games by a combined score of 11 and 6 points respectively. Both of them better cases than a team who's final game was over before it started. There is a reason that Hank Stram was cackling with delight in that game.

75' Pearson pushed off and 98' Make that kick Gary!

Both were better teams.

Agreed. 69 Vikes only interested me because of the Joe Kapp angle. KC bitch slapped them.

As for Dallas, 1993 is a pretty good benchmark.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1972 Miami Dolphins.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you fix the toilet yet?

Hell no. When I get home from work, it's all I can do to kiss the kids, eat a quick dinner, satisfy the wife's longings (she likes ice cream), and collapse in bed.

We've been using a bucket from the tub to flush with.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think a couple of the 90's teams might've been better than the 69 team pound for pound. Difference is one team finished the job and the other choked, dropped the ball, or whatever you wish to call it.
I think they got it right. 1995 Chiefs had 3 OT wins in the regular season and while they had arguably the best Chiefs defense of all time, their offense was somewhat limited by Martyball and Steve Bono and Kimble Anders. Good players and a good coach but not all time stuff. I believe that was the year that the Chiefs played the Cowboys in their prime and they lost by 12 and that was who was in the Super Bowl so probably not entirely a choke that ruins NFL history or anything. Just the 2nd best team in the NFL that year not getting to the Super Bowl.

The 1993 Chiefs was a team with a super brief window that was robbed by injuries. Certainly they were close to being a great with Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. Unquestionably the most talented Chiefs team but never fully healthy...Montana a couple of years younger and that would've been something special. If I'm playing Madden, I'm picking that as my All Time Chiefs team but again...ESPN probably got it right.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible with regards to the Chargers. Yeah they made the Super Bowl in 1994 but were the biggest Super Bowl underdog in history. They won the AFC Championship as a 13 point dog and needed a missed FG from Miami the week prior to move on. Team was 11-5.

2006 and 1979 were the best teams by far, and both went one and done. :L

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos one was an easy one. Didn't have to click on the link to know which team they picked. Funny thing is players have said they think the 96' Broncos team was actually the most talented during that 96-98 stretch but was the only one to not win the Super Bowl so to me have to finish the job to be counted as the best.

Yep, that's the thing, if you don't win it all you get overlooked... Which we all know shouldn't be the case all the time, but in the end it is.... If you don't hoist the Lombardi something must have been wrong... It's kinda crazy though when it can all come down to one kick, or one catch, or one turn-over ... But that's football ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner > Palmer sure, but this year's team as a whole was a lot more dominant if we're talking regular season. That 08' team snuck into the playoffs at 9-7, while this team won the division, set a franchise record in wins and looked like one of the SB favorites up until about the end of Week 15 (when Badger went down) I'd say.

That other team shocked the world. The Warner-Fitz-Boldin trio was filthy though.

2008 Cardinals found fire in a bottle at the right time... That offense was almost unstoppable ... Fitz was in his prime, Warner was on fire... What's crazy is at 9-7 they hosted the NFC title game... I honestly think that team was better than this years team just in a sense of how dam good that offense was ... I know record wise it doesn't seem possible, but that team came about as close as you can come to hoisting the Lombardi ... If Warner could have any pass in his career back, I bet you a million it would be that short INT in the end zone that Harrison picked and returned 100 yards right at the half...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. When I get home from work, it's all I can do to kiss the kids, eat a quick dinner, satisfy the wife's longings (she likes ice cream), and collapse in bed.

We've been using a bucket from the tub to flush with.

Criquey! I've got toilet issues too.

Thankfully the kids don't like to be kissed, dinner is sublime (preceded by a wonderful Happy Hour"ish"), and the missus has a rabbit......

But I've still got a toilet issue..... Saturday's chore list....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they got it right. 1995 Chiefs had 3 OT wins in the regular season and while they had arguably the best Chiefs defense of all time, their offense was somewhat limited by Martyball and Steve Bono and Kimble Anders. Good players and a good coach but not all time stuff. I believe that was the year that the Chiefs played the Cowboys in their prime and they lost by 12 and that was who was in the Super Bowl so probably not entirely a choke that ruins NFL history or anything. Just the 2nd best team in the NFL that year not getting to the Super Bowl.

The 1993 Chiefs was a team with a super brief window that was robbed by injuries. Certainly they were close to being a great with Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. Unquestionably the most talented Chiefs team but never fully healthy...Montana a couple of years younger and that would've been something special. If I'm playing Madden, I'm picking that as my All Time Chiefs team but again...ESPN probably got it right.

Don't get me wrong, but it just seemed like that '94 team was just wrong.... Montana and Allen in KC? Even though myself and probably a bunch of others were pulling for them, it simply seemed wrong.

And "limited by Martyball" I absolutely love..... You weren't the first or the last....

They say Wade Phillips is a perfect DC. He has accepted his limitations.

Marty never accepted his....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That team was 9-7. The 2008 team was terrible on defense. Close to a bottom 5 defense, at least in the bottom 10. The OL wasn't very good & we couldn't run the ball.

Basically, Warner & Fitz willed that team to the SB. And lets not forget they played in, at that time, the worst division in football.

I don't even think the 2008 team was better than the 2014 team with a healthy Palmer.

Hmmmm I don't know man... 2014 Cards team has a way better defense sure, but you can't argue with the results that 08 team had... You were seconds away from a title ... I don't think that 08 Cards team get's blown out like they did vs Carolina.. . You guy's also barely survived Green Bay ... I just don't think Palmer is even close to the level of Warner...

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the 1996 Packers challenge the 1962 Packers for best team in Packers history? Please forgive me for asking this question I was 5 in 1996. The first SB I remember watching was the Falcons vs Broncos in 1998.