• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you change the manager because the GM didn't do a better job?

It's going to be real interesting to see what that GM is going to be able to get done this offseason. We will need a catcher and multiple outfielders as well as a DH, could be uglier next season

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a baseball team and not a family. His conduct affected the team. It is a public issue. In addition, it was leaked that Cleveland Police did not want to take a report for some obvious lame reason. Today it has been reported that police had to look further into this. That is a public problem brought on by bad player conduct and bad management conduct. Wash for sure and if JD new about all this and endorsed it then his bad conduct too. MLB does not want this kind of behavior hidden. They want it to be dealt with in the open. The team did not need to give the exact specifics of what the player did. This approach would have worked on the day of the incident. "TS was involved in a violation of team rules last night and is being disciplined by the team. He will be fined and will be held out of games for X number of days. The Rangers and I as the manager expect all players to be responsible for their actions and we will hold violators of team rules accountable."

If something along these lines had been done right away then fine. Doing nothing or trying to hide it does not cut it.

It's a baseball team that handles their business internally. Nothing wrong with that. Again you are assuming they didn't do this and that. Sure it leaked out and that is fine but it doesn't have to be a public issue if it doesn't need to be and this is something completely minor and not a big deal. Latching onto this situation is certainly a reach in my opinion.

It is not our business to know everything and that is fine. That was handled internally and if it gets leaked out then that is fine. There's no reason to be butt hurt because the team didn't announce it to the whole world.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be real interesting to see what that GM is going to be able to get done this offseason. We will need a catcher and multiple outfielders, could be uglier next season

I'm interested in seeing if AJP comes back next season. He's had a good year overall and I think Geo is a solid backup catcher. I tend to think AJ will be back for another season.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN you married buddy? If your wife comes home without her panties at 5 AM it is pretty damning evidence that a something is going on that is a problem. If she tells you I was just out with my girl friends and they must have fallen off because the elastic is loose and you buy that explanation then you deserve to catch a disease.

Listen to Buck Showalter or Joe Girardi or almost any other real manager talk about a situation as bad as this and you will not be listening to tired clichés like the lame crap that falls out of the mouth of Wash.

That is why you lock up a wife's shoes. No shoes no going out:)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed but we should have made the effort to replace the offensive production and we didn't

With who?

We weren't going to give Hamilton that kind of money for his constant headaches, so he was just gone, and Murphy and company are essentially providing the same production the Angels are paying millions for, call that one a wash too at this point

Napoli had a bum hip and we weren't going to pay him Boston money AND then he failed a physical and lost the money he thought he was getting anyway... But I still think Napoli is the player we miss the most

Young's production was essentially what Berkman gave us, I'd call that a wash

I'm no Young apologist, I'm glad he's gone

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in seeing if AJP comes back next season. He's had a good year overall and I think Geo is a solid backup catcher. I tend to think AJ will be back for another season.
He is weak defensively, and he drives me crazy with his lack of patience at the plate. He's done OK, but it wouldn't break my heart if they brought someone else in . Soto is fine as a backup...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is weak defensively, and he drives me crazy with his lack of patience at the plate. He's done OK, but it wouldn't break my heart if they brought someone else in . Soto is fine as a backup...

I seriously don't remember the last time Texas had a great defensive catcher.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then what would you do?

Nothing. There is nothing you can do right now. Wash can't make Martin, Perez and Profar more experienced. He can't make Elvis, Murphy and Moreland hit 50 points higher. He can't make Nelson Cruz not ground into a force out with the bases loaded or hit better more consistently and more than Mike Maddox could make Grimm and Tepesch better pitchers or any other pitcher who is in a slump. Shit happens sometimes and teams have bad seasons. It's sure not fun as you and I know, both being around since season one and for now it's the players who have to dig down and make it right.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers replaced MY, Josh, and Nap with AJP, Lance Berkman, and David Murphy. Not exactly a murderer's row there. Regardlesssed of what anyone thought of the 3 players that left, hard to expect much from those replacements. Berkman surprised everybody with his start, but is an aging broken down vet.

And FWIW, Josh Hamilton, at age 32, isn't worth the money he wanted and got, MY, while a leader in the clubhouse, had regressed significantly on the field. And Nap was an injury prone streaky hitter with so-so defensive catching skills.

Expectations were raised by the offensive start. This current version is closer to the mean for this team. They need upgrades all over that lineup.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gutierrez looks like shit. Just like the rest of the Angels' bullpen (although I'm betting they could shut out the Rangers easily).
It's looking like another A's victory.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously don't remember the last time Texas had a great defensive catcher.

They don't need a great one, but they have a good one right now and it ain't Pierzynski.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for you, the GM never bares any responsibility. He just puts guys out there and the manager is totally responsible after that?

didn't say that. but when a point has to be made it is always the manger who goes first. would you have them fire JD and keep Wash?

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a baseball team that handles their business internally. Nothing wrong with that. Again you are assuming they didn't do this and that. Sure it leaked out and that is fine but it doesn't have to be a public issue if it doesn't need to be and this is something completely minor and not a big deal. Latching onto this situation is certainly a reach in my opinion.

It is not our business to know everything and that is fine. That was handled internally and if it gets leaked out then that is fine. There's no reason to be butt hurt because the team didn't announce it to the whole world.
Your approach to hiding things is why drugs, PEDs, alcohol, domestic violence, and recently murder have become such a huge problem in sports. The wrong message is being sent and that this behavior is fine to keep hidden. To be clear it is not. You want to let everything go I guess we will have to agree to disagree. People being accountable for their actions is what makes for a civilized world. None of us goes through life without making mistakes but trying to hide something like this leads to problems which this did. The Police had to get involved in a minor matter because of child like behavior in trying to hide it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. There is nothing you can do right now. Wash can't make Martin, Perez and Profar more experienced. He can't make Elvis, Murphy and Moreland hit 50 points higher. He can't make Nelson Cruz not ground into a force out with the bases loaded or hit better more consistently and more than Mike Maddox could make Grimm and Tepesch better pitchers or any other pitcher who is in a slump. Shit happens sometimes and teams have bad seasons. It's sure not fun as you and I know, both being around since season one and for now it's the players who have to dig down and make it right.

don't agree but that's okay

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AJ is very competitive and will want to have a chance to make a deep playoff run with a team. I think his decision to stay here another year or so will depend on whether or not he thinks JD will have this team in position to do that