• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to get the thread started for tomorrow:

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the A's lost last night, that helps

Now win Rangers!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 2nd place teams @ 3 games behind the leader. Should be an interesting series

Bunch of us usually do the Gametracker glog on cBS if yall want to join us

Roll Tribe :yahoo:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 2nd place teams @ 3 games behind the leader. Should be an interesting series

Bunch of us usually do the Gametracker glog on cBS if yall want to join us

Welcome to Rangers country. Good to get an opposing team perspective.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures to be another tough series, since we face Kluber, Masterson, and Jiminez. The first two have been very good recently, though Jiminez, who is very capable of pitching well, has really struggled. Obviously need to score more than only the five runs managed against NYY the past three days. Hopefully, we at least match that total in the opener tonight, though Kluber has given up only two earned runs in has last nineteen innings. Our bats are obviously slumping, which is something that happens to even teams that consistently hit well. Hopefully they come alive this weekend. I am guardedly optimistic that that will happen, since we have too many guys who can hit to continue not hitting.

Cleveland has a lot of good hitters too, so our pitchers have their work cut out for them. Quality starts from Perez and Ogando would be particularly welcome, along with better defense than we've recently played.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures to be another tough series, since we face Kluber, Masterson, and Jiminez. The first two have been very good recently, though Jiminez, who is very capable of pitching well, has really struggled. Obviously need to score more than only the five runs managed against NYY the past three days. Hopefully, we at least match that total in the opener tonight, though Kluber has given up only two earned runs in has last nineteen innings. Our bats are obviously slumping, which is something that happens to even teams that consistently hit well. Hopefully they come alive this weekend. I am guardedly optimistic that that will happen, since we have too many guys who can hit to continue not hitting.

Cleveland has a lot of good hitters too, so our pitchers have their work cut out for them. Quality starts from Perez and Ogando would be particularly welcome, along with better defense than we've recently played.

Masterson is havering a good year. That Corey kluber guy has really impressive stuff.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber has a 3.30 FIP 2.98 xFIP so he has really good advanced stats

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber has a 3.30 FIP 2.98 xFIP so he has really good advanced stats

Kluber v. Perez looks to me like the least favorable matchup, but I keep thinking about how awesome Martin was at St. Louis v. Wainwright right before the break. Hopefully he pitches like that again tonight.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber v. Perez looks to me like the least favorable matchup, but I keep thinking about how awesome Martin was at St. Louis v. Wainwright right before the break. Hopefully he pitches like that again tonight.

Yep can't wait to watch that matchup

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber v. Perez looks to me like the least favorable matchup

From Tribe standpoint its the most favorable :D

Masterson/Darvish - probly a pitchers duel. Jimenez/Ogando - depends on which Ubaldo shows up

Anyway we got great weather here for a ballgame. Low 70s, low humidity & no rain expected

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored at work. Murphy tied for team lead with 3 RBI since break, with Mitch and Beltre. Mitch .080/.148/.200, Nelly .174/.240/.304, Beltre .214/.241/.357, Leonys .176/.222/.235, A.J. .241/.241/.345, Kins .259/.300/.407. That is the core of our offense, and they're doing miserable. That's why we are struggling right now. Lot of people pointing fingers at Murphy lately, but since the break he's been one of the better hitters all around.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good to see both Murph and Elvis showing signs of life. Their track records are much better than what they've shown this year. Need for Murph (and all of our lefties in particular to hit, or at least get on base) this weekend, since we figure to face a lot of RHP. That's not to say, of course, that contributions from Kinsler, AB, and the other righties aren't also welcome.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Tribe standpoint its the most favorable :D

Masterson/Darvish - probly a pitchers duel. Jimenez/Ogando - depends on which Ubaldo shows up

Anyway we got great weather here for a ballgame. Low 70s, low humidity & no rain expected

I can see that. I'd also add that your comment about "which Jimenez shows up" equally applies to Ogando. And, of course, your "Roll Tribe" conclusion is completely wrong headed. :nod:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored at work. Murphy tied for team lead with 3 RBI since break, with Mitch and Beltre. Mitch .080/.148/.200, Nelly .174/.240/.304, Beltre .214/.241/.357, Leonys .176/.222/.235, A.J. .241/.241/.345, Kins .259/.300/.407. That is the core of our offense, and they're doing miserable. That's why we are struggling right now. Lot of people pointing fingers at Murphy lately, but since the break he's been one of the better hitters all around.

I know what you posted is only a 7 game snapshot since the AS break, but it is a sad snapshot indeed.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's not hitting on the cylinders we need to hit on," manager Ron Washington said of the offense. "Just a little inconsistent."---Ron Washington

"It's a different offense, but it's an effective offense if everyone plays up to their capability," Washington said. "We've got most of the same guys out there and we're just not getting it done on a regular basis."---Ron Washington

Please tell us something we don't know Ron. Or please tell us in general terms what you may do about it other than wait for something to happen.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's not hitting on the cylinders we need to hit on," manager Ron Washington said of the offense. "Just a little inconsistent."---Ron Washington

"It's a different offense, but it's an effective offense if everyone plays up to their capability," Washington said. "We've got most of the same guys out there and we're just not getting it done on a regular basis."---Ron Washington

Please tell us something we don't know Ron. Or please tell us in general terms what you may do about it other than wait for something to happen.

He also said that they need to keep grinding. I wish he would grind is ass out of here.