• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been watching to much Jerry Jones. Anyone who has been around as long as you should realize just how lame that statement is. If a change of manager was all it took to turn a team around the Rangers wouldn't have had 16 managers in 24 years before winning their first championship. And none of those, not one, managed them to a World Series.

didn't say that it would turn the team around but it has always been only way to get it across to the team that their lack of performance has repercussions

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you will defend Wash no matter how bad he is, or the piss poor decisions he makes.

Ah the difference is I don't agree with everything Wash does. That is the difference. Just because I am against his firing right now doesn't mean I defend and accept everything he does. Big difference there.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks bad on Scheppers. 2:30 in the morning? Isn't there a curfew for players in season?

No, but they do force them to take naps after afternoon snacks and juice.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't say that it would turn the team around but it has always been only way to get it across to the team that their lack of performance has repercussions

It's the middle of the season when the team is 7 games over .500 and have gone through some major ups and downs. Making huge moves like firing your manager would be complete knee jerk.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about people on this board and ESPN. People taking part in these discussion boards. The majority have said Wash should go. So who would they replace him with?

Why not bring back Bobby Valentine?

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard them all and they're not much different. So you'll latch on to one instance where Tanner was out at 2:30am and blame it all on Wash? That is lame even for your posting standards.
No I do not blame Wash for him being out. I do blame him for hiding the bad conduct of a player and not disciplining him. Also this line of shit got so damn far because of the hiding it that the police had to look further into it and make a statement. That is pretty piss poor and needs to be addressed as well as the players conduct.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I do not blame Wash for him being out. I do blame him for hiding the bad conduct of a player and not disciplining him. Also this line of shit got so damn far because of the hiding it that the police had to look further into it and make a statement. That is pretty piss poor and needs to be addressed as well as the players conduct.

It's none of our business. Things were handled internally and that is that. If it leaks out then it does. If shit happens with your kids or your family member will you announce it to everybody you know and the whole world or will you have scene control, and handle it internally? That's what I thought.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Yeah, he did wonders for Boston.

He could check on his Arlington restaurant more often!

Is that thing still open? I thought his kids or one of his kids still lives in the area.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The you're talking about change for changes sake which makes no sense.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the middle of the season when the team is 7 games over .500 and have gone through some major ups and downs. Making huge moves like firing your manager would be complete knee jerk.

this team has gone 3-11 in its last 14 games and been shutout 3 of the last 4. as an ownership you have to make a statement

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's tied up the game 5-5 with Angels when Wonder Boy Trout lost a routine fly in the sun....the magic continues...

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's none of our business. Things were handled internally and that is that. If it leaks out then it does. If shit happens with your kids or your family member will you announce it to everybody you know and the whole world or will you have scene control, and handle it internally? That's what I thought.
It is a baseball team and not a family. His conduct affected the team. It is a public issue. In addition, it was leaked that Cleveland Police did not want to take a report for some obvious lame reason. Today it has been reported that police had to look further into this. That is a public problem brought on by bad player conduct and bad management conduct. Wash for sure and if JD new about all this and endorsed it then his bad conduct too. MLB does not want this kind of behavior hidden. They want it to be dealt with in the open. The team did not need to give the exact specifics of what the player did. This approach would have worked on the day of the incident. "TS was involved in a violation of team rules last night and is being disciplined by the team. He will be fined and will be held out of games for X number of days. The Rangers and I as the manager expect all players to be responsible for their actions and we will hold violators of team rules accountable."

If something along these lines had been done right away then fine. Doing nothing or trying to hide it does not cut it.

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the manager's job to make what he's got work and if he can't then you replace him.
So for you, the GM never bares any responsibility. He just puts guys out there and the manager is totally responsible after that?