• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: (4:56 pm) Here's a statement from Cleveland police spokesman Sammy Morris:
The incident involving Texas Ranger's pitcher Tanner Scheppers did not occur on Public square as originally reported by the media.
The preliminary investigation reveals that on Friday, July 26, at approximately 2:30 a.m. Texas Ranger pitcher Tanner Scheppers was involved in a physical altercation at Panini's Bar located on W. 6th Street. Further investigation reveals that the altercation was called in by Downtown Alliance workers and that Third District officers responded to the scene to investigate. Once on scene officers attempted to get information from Scheppers for a report however, he refused to provide information and refused to make a police report. Further, officers called for EMS and he refused medical attention and EMS was disregarded. The officers then conveyed Scheppers and another male to the Ranger's team hotel.

There is nothing further at this time.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: (4:56 pm) Here's a statement from Cleveland police spokesman Sammy Morris:
The incident involving Texas Ranger's pitcher Tanner Scheppers did not occur on Public square as originally reported by the media.
The preliminary investigation reveals that on Friday, July 26, at approximately 2:30 a.m. Texas Ranger pitcher Tanner Scheppers was involved in a physical altercation at Panini's Bar located on W. 6th Street. Further investigation reveals that the altercation was called in by Downtown Alliance workers and that Third District officers responded to the scene to investigate. Once on scene officers attempted to get information from Scheppers for a report however, he refused to provide information and refused to make a police report. Further, officers called for EMS and he refused medical attention and EMS was disregarded. The officers then conveyed Scheppers and another male to the Ranger's team hotel.

This looks bad on Scheppers. 2:30 in the morning? Isn't there a curfew for players in season?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Young was addition by subtraction, he was done

Hamilton was in his own world, he was an explosive player but you see where his stubbornness is getting him now

I wanted Napoli back but not as a catcher, much preferred him to Berkman as a DH type

Looking at the offense this season there was no addition with Young being gone. Still cannot ignore Hamilton's production from last season when he carried the team the first 2 months of the season.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I’m not upset with my team,” Washington said. “I’m upset with how they played. As far as my team goes, I’m on that ship whether it sinks or swims.

This is the same line of horse shit he used last season to justify the criminal way he kept MY in the lineup. MY was sent away but Wash stayed when the ship sunk.

I am feeling much better since Wash is on the ship. He acts like he is a passenger and not the Captain.

I feel bad for the players listening to that moron blather on for 45 minutes of Wash speak about some tired old baseball clichés. :L

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disappointing. And Tanner, at least have the guts to tell us the truth.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I’m not upset with my team,” Washington said. “I’m upset with how they played. As far as my team goes, I’m on that ship whether it sinks or swims.

This is the same line of horse shit he used last season to justify the criminal way he kept MY in the lineup. MY was sent away but Wash stayed when the ship sunk.

I am feeling much better since Wash is on the ship. He acts like he is a passenger and not the Captain.

I feel bad for the players listening to that moron blather on for 45 minutes of Wash speak about some tired old baseball clichés. :L

Yeah to much of what I heard last year

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody in sports uses the same cliches and they for years and will use them for generations to come.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Young was addition by subtraction, he was done

Hamilton was in his own world, he was an explosive player but you see where his stubbornness is getting him now

I wanted Napoli back but not as a catcher, much preferred him to Berkman as a DH type

agreed but we should have made the effort to replace the offensive production and we didn't

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't worry about the players. They weren't listening. They were planning their next bar brawl and how to sleep walk through the next series.

Jbear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks bad on Scheppers. 2:30 in the morning? Isn't there a curfew for players in season?

This is another example of a team out of control. This crap comes out three days later? Hiding this kind of crap is what you would expect from Wash. He is trying to cover this up. Why? The player no matter who should have been disciplined out in the open right away. Why? Because they need to be accountable for conduct inside and outside the game. :L

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another example of a team out of control. This crap comes out three days later? Hiding this kind of crap is what you would expect from Wash. He is trying to cover this up. Why? The player no matter who should have been disciplined out in the open right away. Why? Because they need to be accountable for conduct inside and outside the game. :L

You'll grab onto anything and everything it takes to somehow blame Wash. How do you know it wasn't taken care of? This is business handled internally. SMH.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to get the point across to the team someone's head has to roll. you can't punish the whole team so you go after the head (manager). that's the way it's been done for years

You've been watching to much Jerry Jones. Anyone who has been around as long as you should realize just how lame that statement is. If a change of manager was all it took to turn a team around the Rangers wouldn't have had 16 managers in 24 years before winning their first championship. And none of those, not one, managed them to a World Series.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing. And Tanner, at least have the guts to tell us the truth.

I knew when I read the first story that there had to be something more to it, he was covering up a domestic issue or some other incident that involved someplace he didn't want to report. Either way he may have learned something from it or not

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll grab onto anything and everything it takes to somehow blame Wash. How do you know it wasn't taken care of? This is business handled internally. SMH.
Wasn't JD in Cleveland also? How do we know he didn't cover it up?

Oops sorry, I forgot JD is immune from prosecution.

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew when I read the first story that there had to be something more to it, he was covering up a domestic issue or some other incident that involved someplace he didn't want to report. Either way he may have learned something from it or not
Sure hope so.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't JD in Cleveland also? How do we know he didn't cover it up?

Oops sorry, I forgot JD is immune from prosecution.

Common sense and reality have no place on interweb sports forums. You should know that.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you will defend Wash no matter how bad he is, or the piss poor decisions he makes.

Jbear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody in sports uses the same cliches and they for years and will use them for generations to come.
ESPN you married buddy? If your wife comes home without her panties at 5 AM it is pretty damning evidence that a something is going on that is a problem. If she tells you I was just out with my girl friends and they must have fallen off because the elastic is loose and you buy that explanation then you deserve to catch a disease.

Listen to Buck Showalter or Joe Girardi or almost any other real manager talk about a situation as bad as this and you will not be listening to tired clichés like the lame crap that falls out of the mouth of Wash.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN you married buddy? If your wife comes home without her panties at 5 AM it is pretty damning evidence that a something is going on that is a problem. If she tells you I was just out with my girl friends and they must have fallen off because the elastic is loose and you buy that explanation then you deserve to catch a disease.

Listen to Buck Showalter or Joe Girardi or almost any other real manager talk about a situation as bad as this and you will not be listening to tired clichés like the lame crap that falls out of the mouth of Wash.

Heard them all and they're not much different. So you'll latch on to one instance where Tanner was out at 2:30am and blame it all on Wash? That is lame even for your posting standards.