• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Chubb is supposed to be the engine that makes that whole thing go and his leg exploded in what week 2? Then they somehow managed to turn whoever Jerome Ford is into a viable NFL lead back, and then fire the RB coach. And then without Chubb and with Flacco, present day Deshaun Watson, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, and PJ Walker all cycling through multiple starts they managed to piece together a viable NFL offense and then fire the OC.

WTF?
OC & the RB coach. lol
Browns front office is determined to get in the way of success.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and here we see the danger of sitting someone until their window is short before an extension. He's been great this year, but the Packers have no way of knowing before this extension decision if that's a flash in the pan or repeatable.
They could tell his agent to take a hike.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll likely get Herbert or Hurts type of money, imo. With their young roster, it likely won't hurt them capwise but then they need to hope he continues to get better and not regress. Fwiw, I think he'll do well and it won't be an issue. Not sure where his ceiling will end up but I won't be surprised if he's a top 5 QB over the next few years. He is in a good situation with LaFleur and those young receivers and the Packers always draft OL pretty well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart hire imo. Now if only the idiot owner can stay out of the way and let him do his job. They need a lot of things to get the ship righted. It isn't going to be easy and it might take some time. Now he has to find a HC willing to come to a full rebuild. That trade last year to get the #1 pick looks dumber by the day. Gotta dig out from that hole first.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and here we see the danger of sitting someone until their window is short before an extension. He's been great this year, but the Packers have no way of knowing before this extension decision if that's a flash in the pan or repeatable.

My thoughts exactly. Could be Jalen Hurts 2.0.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart hire imo. Now if only the idiot owner can stay out of the way and let him do his job. They need a lot of things to get the ship righted. It isn't going to be easy and it might take some time. Now he has to find a HC willing to come to a full rebuild. That trade last year to get the #1 pick looks dumber by the day. Gotta dig out from that hole first.
Or it could be another Matt Milen. I don't pretend to know Dan Morgan's credentials but this is a huge overhaul with limited draft capital, I'd be more interested in a GM with a track record.