• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB for Next Season

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...you just have to get the right guy in the right system.

We reached for RG3 in 2012.

Dallas got Dak in the fourth.

Jimmy G went late second.

Russell Wilson went round 3.

Kirk Cousins went in the fourth.

Drew Brees went in the second.

Andy Dalton went in the second.

Lamar Jackson went late first but that wasn’t a stretch.

Brady went in the sixth.

Case Keenum was undrafted.

Carr went in the second.

I know...you said after 2012. So let’s look.

2013 Bills reach for Manuel. No other reaches.

2014 best two QBs were second rounders...neither a reach.

2015 no reaches and no true success.

The rest are too early to tell. If you aren’t a first rounder, you have to overcome hurdles to even get a shot.
i think your missing my points. Mahomes for example had a late first early second grade on him........look where he went........
and also brady was how long ago.......keenum blows.......and i mentioned carr and jimmy g......the draft process has changed.

jackson, allen, rosen, all got bumped into round one this year.........josh fn allen

looked how even paxton lynch got pushed into round one

qb's are going higher and higher, and teams are trading up to get them.......... look how many of thoe qb's taken recently are trade ups.....

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think your missing my points. Mahomes for example had a late first early second grade on him........look where he went........
and also brady was how long ago.......keenum blows.......and i mentioned carr and jimmy g......the draft process has changed.

jackson, allen, rosen, all got bumped into round one this year.........josh fn allen

looked how even paxton lynch got pushed into round one

qb's are going higher and higher, and teams are trading up to get them.......... look how many of thoe qb's taken recently are trade ups.....

According to who? If you ask the Chiefs where they had him, I bet it was closer to fifteen. You have to stop thinking that the talking heads on TV actually know how to grade people.

How often do those trades workout?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to who? If you ask the Chiefs where they had him, I bet it was closer to fifteen. You have to stop thinking that the talking heads on TV actually know how to grade people.

K I think I’ve gathered that no matter is said you will work contrArian.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seemed to work wel for houston, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City. Just to name a few. Oh philly too

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to work wel for houston, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City. Just to name a few. Oh philly too

The Bears gave up very little to get Trubisky. It is also far too early to tell what they got. Year one, he looked like a dud. Year two has been much better, but the Bears are much better. They even won a game with Chase Daniel.

STL gave up a bit more to get Goff; however, how much is Goff? Year one, he looked like he didn’t belong in the league. Then, McVay shows up. Also, Goff was expected to be the number one or two pick, so how was it reaching for him in a trade up?

Mahommes is proving to be a stud, like KC thought.

Watson has some work to do, but even then, he wasn’t a stretch. He performed in college, actually slid in the draft, so you will have to explain how he was a stretch.

Here are a few stretches for you...RG3, Bortles, and Gabbert. The real question becomes were they actual stretches or did the professionals have them graded near there?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bortles was not a trade.........

RG3 was a consensu top 5 pick, gabbert was a first rounder not top ten.......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears gave up very little to get Trubisky. It is also far too early to tell what they got. Year one, he looked like a dud. Year two has been much better, but the Bears are much better. They even won a game with Chase Daniel.

STL gave up a bit more to get Goff; however, how much is Goff? Year one, he looked like he didn’t belong in the league. Then, McVay shows up. Also, Goff was expected to be the number one or two pick, so how was it reaching for him in a trade up?

Mahommes is proving to be a stud, like KC thought.

Watson has some work to do, but even then, he wasn’t a stretch. He performed in college, actually slid in the draft, so you will have to explain how he was a stretch.

Here are a few stretches for you...RG3, Bortles, and Gabbert. The real question becomes were they actual stretches or did the professionals have them graded near there?
also like i said recent draft trends.....like say past 3-5 years

your pulling out gabbert in 2011, rg3 2012, bortles who wasnt even a trade in 2014.........also used jimmy G and carr in argument back in 2014 which is the very back end of what im talking about and i acknowledged

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also like i said recent draft trends.....like say past 3-5 years

your pulling out gabbert in 2011, rg3 2012, bortles who wasnt even a trade in 2014.........also used jimmy G and carr in argument back in 2014 which is the very back end of what im talking about and i acknowledged

I was talking about stretches. They have always existed.

Who was Jimmy G before he got a shot? You can’t judge QBs by their first two years as non-first rounders.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading up hasnt been good for us starting with ramsey , to JC to RG3

the thing that chaps my hide is we had a franchise qb and we let him walk entering his prime

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the thing that chaps my hide is we had a franchise qb and we let him walk entering his prime

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What really chaps me is that no one is being held accountable for this fuck up. Which means it could happen again.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the trade up note anyone want to lay odds that dean , coach and country advocate to do it ? i wonder how many drafts they want to gut to get the next CDC

Heh. Yep. Great call.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up to get the guy that you want, in fact need, is a problem because of what? Certainly it's not because we are a draft or two away from being SB champs, right? However, with the right guy we're much closer than we are at this moment or going into the off-season?

Right now, I have my eye on a player, and IMO is the next Heisman trophy winner, who could come here and become a much better version of Russell Wilson. Now if you guys can imagine what a player like that can do for this franchise with the players that we currently have, why wouldn't you do what you have to in order to get him?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up to get the guy that you want, in fact need, is a problem because of what? Certainly it's not because we are a draft or two away from being SB champs, right? However, with the right guy we're much closer than we are at this moment or going into the off-season?

Right now, I have my eye on a player, and IMO is the next Heisman trophy winner, who could come here and become a much better version of Russell Wilson. Now if you guys can imagine what a player like that can do for this franchise with the players that we currently have, why wouldn't you do what you have to in order to get him?
Too bad. He wants baseball , but also that guy won’t require a trade. Up

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. He wants baseball , but also that guy won’t require a trade. Up

Correct, the guy is a star baseball player as well and thus far has stated that he wants to pursue that dream. So, we draft him and take that NFL or bust stick out of our asses and give him the Bo Jackson treatment. Some NFL team is going to draft this guy and it may as well be us!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to draft a QB that doesn't come in until Oct.? You don't see that as a problem, he isn't there for OTAs, training camp?

If you can make it in baseball, your salary is likely to be hire and you have a much better chance for a long career. Kid would be smart to play baseball if he is that good.