• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB for Next Season

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington must spend a first- or second-rounder next spring because both of its quarterbacks are hurt. Neither Alex Smith nor Colt McCoy will be ready until training camp at best, and Smith's days as the starter are probably done. That means it's time to work on the next passer, as expensive as that may be. There is no other choice.

But, Washington probably won't draft until at least 15th, even if finishing 6-10. That means forget Missouri's Drew Lock or Oregon's Justin Herbert. The Redskins have to find the next Lamar Jackson, because there are too many teams vying for the top ones.

Meanwhile, Washington now soldiers on with Mark Sanchez, who performed respectably in the Monday loss to Philadelphia, given he only knew a dozen or so plays. Who knows, by Sunday he might know two dozen. Then again, the Redskins offense is basically dump-off passes, so it's not that challenging to learn.

Washington is once again at Ground Zero when it comes to a passer. McCoy can't be trusted to provide a gap year after getting hurt yet again. Great guy and knows the offense, but once again is hurt. Smith was having a poor year before the injury, and who knows if and when he'll return. At best, Smith comes back for a gap year.

No, the Redskins are in a tear-down situation despite a 6-6 mark. So many needs, but passer has to be the draft's top priority because you'll rarely find a good one in free agency. Ask Minnesota how it feels about Kirk Cousins, or Denver fans with Case Keenum. And those are the good ones.

The Redskins need to sell hope to their fan base after yet another second-half collapse and nothing is shinier than a new quarterback.

So, get out your draft books, start watching tape and debate who it will be. It's going to be a long five months.

Rick Snider has covered Washington sports since 1978. Follow him on

We will probably go this route but we shouldn’t. We should wait until the next draft unless we get value this draft.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word on radio tonight is Gruden is not going to put McCoy on IR because he may be ready to play in 4 weeks and could be ready when the Skins make it to the playoffs.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand how you may disagree, but our defense was better with Montae. Our defense has been poor since he arrived.
This I can agree with.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word on radio tonight is Gruden is not going to put McCoy on IR because he may be ready to play in 4 weeks and could be ready when the Skins make it to the playoffs.

Yeah skinz, I could Facepalm myself on that one.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay comes back I'd bet my money on Colt week 1.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 NFL Mock Draft: Breaking Down Post-Week 14 Predictions

Well - according to this mock draft the Redskins will take QB Daniel Jones from Duke in the 1st rd if he comes out. Now this could be pure BS & honestly I don't put stock in anyone's projections for any of these guys. We will see. Check the bottom of the article for a some takes on this guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has tools but at 14 ? Maybe. In round 2 at this point

Well you have a good pt. However - if it is a reach but the guy can play then I would not complain too much if it is not the perfect pick. They need to find a new QB somehow & I don't think it needs to be the perfect guy (honestly they have lots of other ways they can screw this up - just please pray that they go into next season w/ legit personnel guys).

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah skinz, I could Facepalm myself on that one.
Only because "if" JJ was lucky enough to will this team to 3 wins, Jay would be dumb enough to start McCoy in a playoff game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because "if" JJ was lucky enough to will this team to 3 wins, Jay would be dumb enough to start McCoy in a playoff game.

You know, I wondered about that too! So let me get this straight, IF (giant IF) they manage to get into the playoffs with Josh Johnson, he gets benched in favor of McCoy. Do I have that right? If so, that is so very, damned typical of what happens here!!