• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post the best skill guys at each position in the upcoming draft

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep bringing this up, Cutcliffe coached Eli and Peyton. That should not be the reason he is highly regarded, little importance.
Yeah both. Not just the first one. Good enough for Peyton to ok him for his little brother.

Cutcliffe teaches real QBing. It's not just a successful college offense that every QB has an easy time in like Haskins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah both. Not just the first one. Good enough for Peyton to ok him for his little brother.

Cutcliffe teaches real QBing. It's not just a successful college offense that every QB has an easy time in like Haskins.
If he was that amazing of a QB coach, he would be working a better job than Duke. Jones is a very pedestrian prospect.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was that amazing of a QB coach, he would be working a better job than Duke. Jones is a very pedestrian prospect.
Arms and gaudy college stats get overdrafted and overhyped.

Jones arm is fine and he does a lot of the little things well. Obviously he still has plenty to work on and prove, otherwise he'd be top 5. Good base to start from. He's certainly ahead of the curve on most pro skills than QBs that only played college ball for one year.

I don't know why Cutcliffe stays at Duke, maybe he likes it for billions of reasons you have no clue about.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arms and gaudy college stats get overdrafted and overhyped.

Jones arm is fine and he does a lot of the little things well. Obviously he still has plenty to work on and prove, otherwise he'd be top 5. Good base to start from. He's certainly ahead of the curve on most pro skills than QBs that only played college ball for one year.

I don't know why Cutcliffe stays at Duke, maybe he likes it for billions of reasons you have no clue about.
Jones arm is actually a major red flag, as most analysts have pointed out. Quite honestly, it's just not that great. If he was 6'2", he'd be a 4th-5th rounder most likely. He never showed any real improvement in college, and he was wildly inconsistent even in his 3rd year as the starter. His ceiling would likely be a Josh McCown-type journeyman backup QB who can play alright for a few games but isn't going to string together enough seasons to make him worth a first round pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final QB rankings:

Tier 1:
Kyler Murray

Tier 2:
Dwayne Haskins
Drew Lock

(Projects)
Tyree Jackson
Clayton Thorson

(West Coast guys)
Daniel Jones
Ryan Finley
Jarret Stidham
Will Grier

Even for having the most upside, Murray is still super risky, too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones arm is actually a major red flag, as most analysts have pointed out. Quite honestly, it's just not that great. If he was 6'2", he'd be a 4th-5th rounder most likely. He never showed any real improvement in college, and he was wildly inconsistent even in his 3rd year as the starter. His ceiling would likely be a Josh McCown-type journeyman backup QB who can play alright for a few games but isn't going to string together enough seasons to make him worth a first round pick.
That's ridiculous for you to call that his ceiling.
That would be like me saying Haskins ceiling is Akili Smith.

As far as the arm goes, Brady and Brees both had weaker arms coming out. Jones drops balls in with touch.

Daniel Jones reminds me of Foles skills wise.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous for you to call that his ceiling.
That would be like me saying Haskins ceiling is Akili Smith.

As far as the arm goes, Brady and Brees both had weaker arms coming out. Jones drops balls in with touch.

Daniel Jones reminds me of Foles skills wise.
Pedestrian, inconsistent college production. He's a good athlete with good height, and that's about it. Nothing about his arm is high end.

You can make any comparison you want, if you think Haskins is Akili Smith, but don't make it out of spite. Jones played 3 years of college ball under a supposed QB guru and showed minimal improvement overall.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedestrian, inconsistent college production. He's a good athlete with good height, and that's about it. Nothing about his arm is high end.

You can make any comparison you want, if you think Haskins is Akili Smith, but don't make it out of spite. Jones played 3 years of college ball under a supposed QB guru and showed minimal improvement overall.
He looks a lot better to me. Smarter with the ball. He runs less. Goes through his progressions now instead of one read and bailing. He didn't do that his first year. Now he's pretty smooth back there. Not minimal stuff. He's actually improved a lot towards playing the position at the NFL level.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks a lot better to me. Smarter with the ball. He runs less. Goes through his progressions now instead of one read and bailing. He didn't do that his first year. Now he's pretty smooth back there. Not minimal stuff. He's actually improved a lot towards playing the position at the NFL level.
His yards and comp% actually decreased in his 2nd/3rd year from his first year, his INTs and sacks remained the same, his QBR went up marginally from his first year to his 3rd year, and his total TD production went up by 2. This is marginal improvement. He also looked awful against the only few teams he faced in 2018 that have actual NFL talent on their defenses (Clemson, Miami, VT) - 1 TD total vs. 2 INTs, and he was especially bad against Clemson and Miami.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His yards and comp% actually decreased in his 2nd/3rd year from his first year, his INTs and sacks remained the same, his QBR went up marginally from his first year to his 3rd year, and his total TD production went up by 2. This is marginal improvement. He also looked awful against the only few teams he faced in 2018 that have actual NFL talent on their defenses (Clemson, Miami, VT) - 1 TD total vs. 2 INTs, and he was especially bad against Clemson and Miami.
He doesn't have the team around him to compete directly with those athletes. Wait until all his guys are as good as the opposition.

I know his stats. Watching him play he shows skills that translate and he's gotten better at those skills. That's real improvement.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the team around him to compete directly with those athletes. Wait until all his guys are as good as the opposition.

I know his stats. Watching him play he shows skills that translate and he's gotten better at those skills. That's real improvement.
I've heard that talk about how bad his teammates are, and while that's valid, he also played in a piss-poor division in a horrible conference. As I've said several times, if he was 6'2" instead of 6'5", he's a mid-rounder at best. His arm talent is below average, but thankfully he's tall and a good athlete. I just don't see anything about him that would lead you to believe he's going to be a good, long-term NFL QB.

Then again, he could get drafted by the Patriots and end up balling out, so there's that I guess.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time making a WR list. Its easy to poke holes in most of the top players but I think I'd be okay with something like this:

1. DJ Metcalf
2. N'Keal Harry
3. AJ Brown
4. Hakeem Butler
5. Kelvin Harmon
6. Ridley Riley
7. Hollywood Brown
8. Deebo Samuel
9. Parris Campbell
10. Mecole Hardman
11. Andy Isabella

Metcalf obviously has issues staying on the field but he is a once every two years type of athletic talent so he definitely has the highest upside and you really don't have to teach him that much because he'll only need to run a couple of routes.

Harry is the best slot WR in the draft imo. Brown #2. Both look like they could play pro bowl level at the slot level but maybe not the upside to become elite on the outside.

Hakeem Butler has the 2nd highest ceiling. He is somewhere around Devin Funchess coming out imo but he has the potential to be the best in the class.

Harmon and Riley look like productive starters who will make the tough catches.

Hollywood Brown I'd have at #2 if I thought he could stay healthy. I think there are only a couple of WRs in the NFL who play at his size which is why I bump him down and keep Metcalf up top.

I was higher on Parris Campbell until I realized that he didn't really run deep routes much which is what you'd expect him to do at the next level. Probably 3rd highest upside in the draft but he appears to be a project.

Isabella is a try-hard track guy with a ton of low-level production. I've seen a Tyler Lockett comparison for him and thats probably his upside.

I think after those guys you are probably into rd3 and there is probably about 10 guys who could go rd3.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time making a WR list. Its easy to poke holes in most of the top players but I think I'd be okay with something like this:

1. DJ Metcalf
2. N'Keal Harry
3. AJ Brown
4. Hakeem Butler
5. Kelvin Harmon
6. Ridley Riley
7. Hollywood Brown
8. Deebo Samuel
9. Parris Campbell
10. Mecole Hardman
11. Andy Isabella

Metcalf obviously has issues staying on the field but he is a once every two years type of athletic talent so he definitely has the highest upside and you really don't have to teach him that much because he'll only need to run a couple of routes.

Harry is the best slot WR in the draft imo. Brown #2. Both look like they could play pro bowl level at the slot level but maybe not the upside to become elite on the outside.

Hakeem Butler has the 2nd highest ceiling. He is somewhere around Devin Funchess coming out imo but he has the potential to be the best in the class.

Harmon and Riley look like productive starters who will make the tough catches.

Hollywood Brown I'd have at #2 if I thought he could stay healthy. I think there are only a couple of WRs in the NFL who play at his size which is why I bump him down and keep Metcalf up top.

I was higher on Parris Campbell until I realized that he didn't really run deep routes much which is what you'd expect him to do at the next level. Probably 3rd highest upside in the draft but he appears to be a project.

Isabella is a try-hard track guy with a ton of low-level production. I've seen a Tyler Lockett comparison for him and thats probably his upside.

I think after those guys you are probably into rd3 and there is probably about 10 guys who could go rd3.
Metcalf has never been better than AJ Brown and he never will be.

That's one of the reasons why Brown was the #1 there and Metcalf was just a deep threat.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf has never been better than AJ Brown and he never will be.

That's one of the reasons why Brown was the #1 there and Metcalf was just a deep threat.
'Just a deep threat' is enough to be the top WR.

I think both should go in the first round so its not really something I care to debate too much. I drafted AJ Brown to the Chiefs in my DCFFL draft earlier this month. I'm definitely a fan.

Metcalf is that home run swing that GMs love to make. We see it at all of the positions.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that talk about how bad his teammates are, and while that's valid, he also played in a piss-poor division in a horrible conference. As I've said several times, if he was 6'2" instead of 6'5", he's a mid-rounder at best. His arm talent is below average, but thankfully he's tall and a good athlete. I just don't see anything about him that would lead you to believe he's going to be a good, long-term NFL QB.

Then again, he could get drafted by the Patriots and end up balling out, so there's that I guess.

Do you keep bringing up his division and conference insinuating that he played poor competition?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn if they played a shit schedule, I guess OSU did too? Good to know.
I knew you were going this direction. Here's what matters, though. OSU played 5 of the top 25 defenses in the nation from an efficiency standpoint. Duke played 3.

In those 5 games, Haskins had a 67% completion percentage, 1,643 yards (328 yards/game), 18 TDs, and 2 INTs.

In those 3 games, Jones had a 57% completion percentage, 480 yards (160 yards/game), 3 TDs, and 1 INT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still not a thing to focus on. Jones is an interesting prospect but a lot of red flags like any prospect.

Easy time like Haskins? lol try and watch some film before sounding like an idiot haha.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final QB rankings:

Tier 1:
Kyler Murray

Tier 2:
Dwayne Haskins
Drew Lock

(Projects)
Tyree Jackson
Clayton Thorson

(West Coast guys)
Daniel Jones
Ryan Finley
Jarret Stidham
Will Grier

Even for having the most upside, Murray is still super risky, too.

Pretty solid list. Yeah I agree with Kyler being risky still at this point. I'm on the fence so I will just leave it at that. No prediction for me on his career lol