• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF Mock drafts

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the all trench draft - protect Joe Burrow and still adding a NT to the ranks..

1712954234518.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of this one? Seems like a soggy dream to me. But I would take it in a freaking heartbeat!

It's hard to know since we don't see who else was available.

Pick 1 - No issues. I think the Bengals will go OT or DT (Murphy IMO is the best DT because of his ability to rush from the 3T spot and play NT).

Pick 2 - I don't see Newton falling this far. He would be fine - but I would question the fit as the Bengals have a ton of 3-tech guys, and Newton doesn't play the NT...I wouldn't hate it here because it would be MASSIVE value - but at this point if the C from WVU is there, I could see the Bengals double dipping on the OL with 3 guys slated to be F/A next year (C, RG, RT).

Pick 3 - Again - could be a good get here. Bengals need depth on the outside at WR - and UCF kids have speed. Doesn't have the size that the Bengals have loved having with Higgins - so I could see them passing here if they are really wanting to target a taller WR for that spot opposite of Chase...again, without knowing who else is around this pick it's hard to say. But, this does hit a depth need - unless the Bengals really like Yoshi's growth and Jones is going to be the slot guy - his speed is next level.

Pick 4 - Nope. Hate it. Bengals just signed Moss and Brown was very, very good down the stretch last year. I think Corum will be a solid RB - but I don't see him bringing anything different than Brown or Moss. If anything, Bengals could use a 'bigger' back to bring some heft to the backfield. Other than that - for the 3rd or 4th RB spot....this is a position that will be a last day pick, IMO...if they even take a RB.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to know since we don't see who else was available.

Pick 1 - No issues. I think the Bengals will go OT or DT (Murphy IMO is the best DT because of his ability to rush from the 3T spot and play NT).

Pick 2 - I don't see Newton falling this far. He would be fine - but I would question the fit as the Bengals have a ton of 3-tech guys, and Newton doesn't play the NT...I wouldn't hate it here because it would be MASSIVE value - but at this point if the C from WVU is there, I could see the Bengals double dipping on the OL with 3 guys slated to be F/A next year (C, RG, RT).

Pick 3 - Again - could be a good get here. Bengals need depth on the outside at WR - and UCF kids have speed. Doesn't have the size that the Bengals have loved having with Higgins - so I could see them passing here if they are really wanting to target a taller WR for that spot opposite of Chase...again, without knowing who else is around this pick it's hard to say. But, this does hit a depth need - unless the Bengals really like Yoshi's growth and Jones is going to be the slot guy - his speed is next level.

Pick 4 - Nope. Hate it. Bengals just signed Moss and Brown was very, very good down the stretch last year. I think Corum will be a solid RB - but I don't see him bringing anything different than Brown or Moss. If anything, Bengals could use a 'bigger' back to bring some heft to the backfield. Other than that - for the 3rd or 4th RB spot....this is a position that will be a last day pick, IMO...if they even take a RB.
If the first two rounds fell like this, I wouldn't care what happened the rest of the draft. IMO they got the best RT in the draft and the second best 3T DT in the draft behind Murphy.

This is all hypothetical just like our mocks, but to me...unless Marvin Harrison Jr. falls to 18, Fuaga is my second ideal player in the draft for the Bengals. I take him over pretty much everyone else except MHJ.

Then Newton in the second...I think Murphy and him are 1a and 1b in the pass rushing DT's in the draft, and while I think Murphy has slight edge over Newton, I jump all over Newton in the second round if he is available, even if we took Murphy in the first. Too much value at this point to turn down.

Let Rankins, Murphy and Newton rotate at the DT positions until Rankins gets through his contract. This won't happen, but I would do this without hesitation if it came to it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the first two rounds fell like this, I wouldn't care what happened the rest of the draft. IMO they got the best RT in the draft and the second best 3T DT in the draft behind Murphy.

This is all hypothetical just like our mocks, but to me...unless Marvin Harrison Jr. falls to 18, Fuaga is my second ideal player in the draft for the Bengals. I take him over pretty much everyone else except MHJ.

Then Newton in the second...I think Murphy and him are 1a and 1b in the pass rushing DT's in the draft, and while I think Murphy has slight edge over Newton, I jump all over Newton in the second round if he is available, even if we took Murphy in the first. Too much value at this point to turn down.

Let Rankins, Murphy and Newton rotate at the DT positions until Rankins gets through his contract. This won't happen, but I would do this without hesitation if it came to it.
I'm not as high on Newton, and in Lou's scheme he doesn't offer the same fit/value as Murphey who you could use just like Newton to rush the passer at the 3T but also offers the ability to play the NT (remember, he lined up at NT more than Sweat did).

Again - at the value - I totally get it...but that spot starts to get very, very crowded (a concern you had with Safety, if I recall). You have Carter, Hill, and Rankins. You figure Rankins is going to get the majority of the snaps - and Hill is going to be 2nd and Carter is going into his 3rd year and is going to have a lot of experience and likely would be the 3rd 3T spot....that just doesn't leave a lot for Newton who doesn't really play the NT. Remember - we don't need to draft guys with an eye on next year with a position that is fully stocked for this year - at least...so I was told about another position... ;)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as high on Newton, and in Lou's scheme he doesn't offer the same fit/value as Murphey who you could use just like Newton to rush the passer at the 3T but also offers the ability to play the NT (remember, he lined up at NT more than Sweat did).

Again - at the value - I totally get it...but that spot starts to get very, very crowded (a concern you had with Safety, if I recall). You have Carter, Hill, and Rankins. You figure Rankins is going to get the majority of the snaps - and Hill is going to be 2nd and Carter is going into his 3rd year and is going to have a lot of experience and likely would be the 3rd 3T spot....that just doesn't leave a lot for Newton who doesn't really play the NT. Remember - we don't need to draft guys with an eye on next year with a position that is fully stocked for this year - at least...so I was told about another position... ;)
Rankins, Murphy, Newton and Carter...you let Hill and the rest go. That is one hell of a good rotation. Should never have a rushing DT that is tired.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankins, Murphy, Newton and Carter...you let Hill and the rest go. That is one hell of a good rotation. Should never have a rushing DT that is tired.
And still don't have a NT between them...so you will lose the rush capability to a degree if you move any one of them over to NT...not quite the same, and the run defense will also struggle as we saw last year...even with Reader.

I'm just giving you shit, though, about the amount of guys. Frankly - I don't worry about if a position gets a little stacked. Just means 1 - that position is going to be really good (hopefully) and 2 - these things tend to work themselves out anyway. Be it at DT or at S or any other position.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still don't have a NT between them...so you will lose the rush capability to a degree if you move any one of them over to NT...not quite the same, and the run defense will also struggle as we saw last year...even with Reader.

I'm just giving you shit, though, about the amount of guys. Frankly - I don't worry about if a position gets a little stacked. Just means 1 - that position is going to be really good (hopefully) and 2 - these things tend to work themselves out anyway. Be it at DT or at S or any other position.
I know what you are saying. However, while we have a running division, this is a passing league, and if you have 4 DL that can put serious pressure on the QB without help, you will be in good shape. Just going to have to rely on LB's to be solid in the run game.

At any rate, I didn't care for picks 3 and 4 from Kiper, but i loved the first two. Fuaga is the guy I covet more than anyone capable of falling to us in the first, only because Harrison Jr. is never going to make it to 18. Second would be Murphy.

I saw the Bengals setup workouts with DT Briggs from Cincy, the guy you like. Heard he has been impressing folks and is maybe a quick riser.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you are saying. However, while we have a running division, this is a passing league, and if you have 4 DL that can put serious pressure on the QB without help, you will be in good shape. Just going to have to rely on LB's to be solid in the run game.

At any rate, I didn't care for picks 3 and 4 from Kiper, but i loved the first two. Fuaga is the guy I covet more than anyone capable of falling to us in the first, only because Harrison Jr. is never going to make it to 18. Second would be Murphy.

I saw the Bengals setup workouts with DT Briggs from Cincy, the guy you like. Heard he has been impressing folks and is maybe a quick riser.
Briggs is going to be one to watch. Underrated because of Corleone getting the most love on that DL at NT, and 2 - the DC was awful last year and didn't really utilize guys correctly. 3rd would be he's been a strong DE in a 3-3-5 alignment, so in a more traditional 4-3, I think he's really going to get a chance to show that burst he has and his strength inside.

I agree with getting to the QB, one reason Reader was so good was taking heat off of other guys with double teams. It's also one of the reasons why I often draft, in PFF mocks, the DE from Alabama in round 2 if he's there...even over the WVU kid that plays C - Hendrickson has been a boon, but outside of him, there isn't a real option at DE. Imagine being able to line up Hendrickson, Murphy, and then add another actual speed guy on the edge - and rotating them fresh...same as with DT...keeping guys on a lower snap count but exponentially increasing their output when on the field...

Going to be an interesting draft for sure...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briggs is going to be one to watch. Underrated because of Corleone getting the most love on that DL at NT, and 2 - the DC was awful last year and didn't really utilize guys correctly. 3rd would be he's been a strong DE in a 3-3-5 alignment, so in a more traditional 4-3, I think he's really going to get a chance to show that burst he has and his strength inside.

I agree with getting to the QB, one reason Reader was so good was taking heat off of other guys with double teams. It's also one of the reasons why I often draft, in PFF mocks, the DE from Alabama in round 2 if he's there...even over the WVU kid that plays C - Hendrickson has been a boon, but outside of him, there isn't a real option at DE. Imagine being able to line up Hendrickson, Murphy, and then add another actual speed guy on the edge - and rotating them fresh...same as with DT...keeping guys on a lower snap count but exponentially increasing their output when on the field...

Going to be an interesting draft for sure...
Don't forget Myles Murphy on the edge.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Myles Murphy on the edge.
Sorry - when I said Murphy that is who I meant....not the DT...LOL

Yes - he had the 2nd best win rate on the team behind Hendrickson. Just need it to result in some finishes (sacks). I know we have Ossai and Sample as well, but neither seem to stay healthy and neither have produced to this point. And if Hendrickson goes down, or has to miss time...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry - when I said Murphy that is who I meant....not the DT...LOL

Yes - he had the 2nd best win rate on the team behind Hendrickson. Just need it to result in some finishes (sacks). I know we have Ossai and Sample as well, but neither seem to stay healthy and neither have produced to this point. And if Hendrickson goes down, or has to miss time...
I am a bigger fan of Hubbard than you are I suppose. I am not opposed to Braswell, but I also know he will be rotational and will replace Sample or Ossai.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a bigger fan of Hubbard than you are I suppose. I am not opposed to Braswell, but I also know he will be rotational and will replace Sample or Ossai.
I like Hubbard a lot, actually. He's a great strong side DE, but he's usually not a guy you rely on as a QB sack guy.

And...both he and Hendrickson are getting up there in age, and to a point where extending them isn't going to be a reality.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hubbard a lot, actually. He's a great strong side DE, but he's usually not a guy you rely on as a QB sack guy.

And...both he and Hendrickson are getting up there in age, and to a point where extending them isn't going to be a reality.
That much is very true. We do have to find the next Hendrickson soon or we will be in trouble. Everything on our defense really works around him, kinda like Myles Garrett and TJ Watt for their teams.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 2 picks are how I see it unfolding IF Byron falls to 18...of course, depending on who else is there in the 2nd round, could change - but I would expect to see IOL be a focus as well as DE at some point.

Not an ideal replacement for Tee at the WR spot, but would be a good add with his versatility and the position needs more talent at its depth, even if everyone is still high on Jones and Yoshi...
1713451471518.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it might unfold if they go OT first - less depth at DT, especially that upper tier. It's why I think they go DT if Murphy is there...maybe even Newton. Still see them trying to double up on IOL at some point. C and RG are F/A next year, and while maybe they resign one, likely not both. This guy plays IOL and also some OT, so would be an ideal swing guy as a backup for a year.

1713451782181.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much different than my one yesterday - except Beebe in that last spot over Van Pran...

IMO - this would be a HR/Grand slam of a draft through 4 picks if the Bengals could land this lineup....

1713544975254.png

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much different than my one yesterday - except Beebe in that last spot over Van Pran...

IMO - this would be a HR/Grand slam of a draft through 4 picks if the Bengals could land this lineup....

View attachment 360024
I did one this morning, and wasn't real happy with what was available during my picks, and while the first two picks got A+ (Cooper DeJean) and A (Ja'Tavion Sanders), I wasn't overall happy that it went down (CB, TE, DE, OG).

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 360024
I see Murphy rising in a lot of mocks now. Maybe he is gaining more traction from the experts. I did see one mock draft, especially first round that I loved. I like the pick, but I like what could have been the pick instead. In the mock we got Brian Thomas II, but it was after we traded back with Minnesota who came up to 18 to take a QB. Murphy went the pick after our 23rd pick to Dallas.

So trading back to 23, picking up an extra 3rd round pick, and still getting Murphy? I really like that mock. haha We could then use that extra draft capital to move up into the second round again if there is someone there we really want that has slightly fallen.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Murphy rising in a lot of mocks now. Maybe he is gaining more traction from the experts. I did see one mock draft, especially first round that I loved. I like the pick, but I like what could have been the pick instead. In the mock we got Brian Thomas II, but it was after we traded back with Minnesota who came up to 18 to take a QB. Murphy went the pick after our 23rd pick to Dallas.

So trading back to 23, picking up an extra 3rd round pick, and still getting Murphy? I really like that mock. haha We could then use that extra draft capital to move up into the second round again if there is someone there we really want that has slightly fallen.
He is rising - but the thing is - he can rise all the way to #1 - if the teams there don't have a need...it doesn't matter.

You know that the first 10 picks are going to be 4 or 5 QB's, at least 1 WR, maybe 2, and probably 2 OT's....then you have the #1 CB and Bowers...

That's 11 guys that are likely going to find fits on teams with needs over Murphy. From there is where it gets wild...you potentially still have a QB, more WR's and OT's plus DE...