• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF Mock drafts

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is rising - but the thing is - he can rise all the way to #1 - if the teams there don't have a need...it doesn't matter.

You know that the first 10 picks are going to be 4 or 5 QB's, at least 1 WR, maybe 2, and probably 2 OT's....then you have the #1 CB and Bowers...

That's 11 guys that are likely going to find fits on teams with needs over Murphy. From there is where it gets wild...you potentially still have a QB, more WR's and OT's plus DE...
I agree with you. I would be a little more excited if we had pick 12-15, but 18 is on the bubble of getting screwed. lol

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last one before the 1st round. I am pretty happy about it. I wish I would have landed Luke McCaffrey though 1713807608622.png

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may need a pass rusher in the early rounds. I am see Hubbard had extensive ankle surgery. If Laitu Latu is available to us in the 1st, we may have to snag him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may need a pass rusher in the early rounds. I am see Hubbard had extensive ankle surgery. If Laitu Latu is available to us in the 1st, we may have to snag him.
Hubbard had successful surgery and all anticipated he will be 100% by camp.

With that said, I am not opposed to an early round edge, maybe not the first. I love your first pick.

How my list goes:

1. Taliese Fuaga
2. Brock Bowers
3. Byron Murphy
4. Johnny Newton
5. Brian Thomas Jr.
6. Amarius Mims

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubbard had successful surgery and all anticipated he will be 100% by camp.

With that said, I am not opposed to an early round edge, maybe not the first. I love your first pick.

How my list goes:

1. Taliese Fuaga
2. Brock Bowers
3. Byron Murphy
4. Johnny Newton
5. Brian Thomas Jr.
6. Amarius Mims
1 - Murphy
2 - Newton
3 - OL

I know everyone loves Bowers - but I'll continue to beat the drum...the Bengals offense does not care about the TE. They've proven it over 3-4 off-seasons when they could have easily snagged a solid TE and have gone the F/A route and are likely going to develop a mid round pick at TE and continue to go the F/A route. Until that changes with an actual move towards a TE - I'll continue to believe they simply don't value that position on this offense.

Murphy and likely Newton would start from Day 1 at a position of massive need. This isn't to say the future of OT/RT isn't a need, but it is covered for the moment. Any draft pick coming in is likely going to be sitting behind Trent Brown. You can believe it, or not, but this organization values experience and veterans...and they get a lot of rope as we all should be well aware. So, while I really like some of these OT prospects, I'm really hoping that Murphy falls to 18.

I agree that edge is still a concern. Ossia and Sample haven't panned out. I like what we saw late from Murphy last year, but need more. In a game of protect the QB and get after the QB - the Bengals have a need to add more speed on the edge. Pair up a 2nd or 3rd round pick with Murphy and you have a nice little trio going (with last years' Murphy) for the future as well as an immediate rotation to keep everyone fresh.

Likely to see a WR at some point as well...so much of this all, though, is so dependent on who falls and where. It's not just about finding the right fit and positional need, but also about the value at the time of the pick PLUS the expected value of other positions later in the draft. The deeper the position the longer you can wait on that position to draft - and that means taking other positions a bit higher than some might think because there just isn't the same amount of depth.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - Murphy
2 - Newton
3 - OL

I know everyone loves Bowers - but I'll continue to beat the drum...the Bengals offense does not care about the TE. They've proven it over 3-4 off-seasons when they could have easily snagged a solid TE and have gone the F/A route and are likely going to develop a mid round pick at TE and continue to go the F/A route. Until that changes with an actual move towards a TE - I'll continue to believe they simply don't value that position on this offense.

Murphy and likely Newton would start from Day 1 at a position of massive need. This isn't to say the future of OT/RT isn't a need, but it is covered for the moment. Any draft pick coming in is likely going to be sitting behind Trent Brown. You can believe it, or not, but this organization values experience and veterans...and they get a lot of rope as we all should be well aware. So, while I really like some of these OT prospects, I'm really hoping that Murphy falls to 18.

I agree that edge is still a concern. Ossia and Sample haven't panned out. I like what we saw late from Murphy last year, but need more. In a game of protect the QB and get after the QB - the Bengals have a need to add more speed on the edge. Pair up a 2nd or 3rd round pick with Murphy and you have a nice little trio going (with last years' Murphy) for the future as well as an immediate rotation to keep everyone fresh.

Likely to see a WR at some point as well...so much of this all, though, is so dependent on who falls and where. It's not just about finding the right fit and positional need, but also about the value at the time of the pick PLUS the expected value of other positions later in the draft. The deeper the position the longer you can wait on that position to draft - and that means taking other positions a bit higher than some might think because there just isn't the same amount of depth.
I would get two great TE's and use them on the end of the lines. Gives you 7 blockers and 4 WR's still. More protection for Burrow, or a 4 WR play if wanted. So we may not use them, but I would not be opposed to going this route to protect Burrow while giving him 4 outstanding targets.

Chase
Higgins
Gesicki
Bowers

Sick, just sick. Plus, you could pass protect still with 6 to 7 guys staying home.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would get two great TE's and use them on the end of the lines. Gives you 7 blockers and 4 WR's still. More protection for Burrow, or a 4 WR play if wanted. So we may not use them, but I would not be opposed to going this route to protect Burrow while giving him 4 outstanding targets.

Chase
Higgins
Gesicki
Bowers

Sick, just sick. Plus, you could pass protect still with 6 to 7 guys staying home.
I mean - I get it.

The Bengals just don't do that. It's not how the offensive scheme is set up. It would require a total revamp of what they do.

They like 1 TE that can catch and 1 TE that is a blocker. Do I agree with it? No. But is that how it's been since 2020? Yes. They've had tons of chances to change that - and haven't.

And as good as Bowers might be at TE, the Bengals don't have a real need there. They absolutely NEED a DT.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean - I get it.

The Bengals just don't do that. It's not how the offensive scheme is set up. It would require a total revamp of what they do.

They like 1 TE that can catch and 1 TE that is a blocker. Do I agree with it? No. But is that how it's been since 2020? Yes. They've had tons of chances to change that - and haven't.

And as good as Bowers might be at TE, the Bengals don't have a real need there. They absolutely NEED a DT.
I get it there also. But Gesicki is only signed for a year also. Just saying there is an opening.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it there also. But Gesicki is only signed for a year also. Just saying there is an opening.
We have lots of guys who may be gone next year (remember our Safety talk?) but the focus was on now and this year, if I do recall (and I do...LOL)...

And again - it's less about who is here and more about the offense as a whole. The Bengals have had 5 years to land a TE of consequence if they chose to do so, 4 of them after Burrow was drafted - and they haven't. They haven't even been remotely connected to one other than media hype.

Bowers is a heck of a dude - would love to have him here - but in terms of need plus value - Murphy is the #1 guy. Then Newton.

If it came down to Bowers and an OT...I could be swayed, maybe.

But until the Bengals show that they value that slot as much as the fans want them to - I remain unmoved.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have lots of guys who may be gone next year (remember our Safety talk?) but the focus was on now and this year, if I do recall (and I do...LOL)...

And again - it's less about who is here and more about the offense as a whole. The Bengals have had 5 years to land a TE of consequence if they chose to do so, 4 of them after Burrow was drafted - and they haven't. They haven't even been remotely connected to one other than media hype.

Bowers is a heck of a dude - would love to have him here - but in terms of need plus value - Murphy is the #1 guy. Then Newton.

If it came down to Bowers and an OT...I could be swayed, maybe.

But until the Bengals show that they value that slot as much as the fans want them to - I remain unmoved.
I agree to an extent..... I'm done with assuming the Bengals are drafting for current season needs. In the past 12 years, we have had exactly 3 guys that have been major contributors in their first year. Burrow and Chase were top 5 picks. Eifert wasn't even a starter - He did post almost 500 receiving yards, so I would say he was a significant contributor.

The last significant contributor as a defensive first rounder was Leon Hall - A third cornerback his rookie year. That was 17 years ago.

So, I get why people want the first rounder to be plugged right in and be a significant asset in year 1 - But, it's just not been the case around here very often.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent..... I'm done with assuming the Bengals are drafting for current season needs. In the past 12 years, we have had exactly 3 guys that have been major contributors in their first year. Burrow and Chase were top 5 picks. Eifert wasn't even a starter - He did post almost 500 receiving yards, so I would say he was a significant contributor.

The last significant contributor as a defensive first rounder was Leon Hall - A third cornerback his rookie year. That was 17 years ago.

So, I get why people want the first rounder to be plugged right in and be a significant asset in year 1 - But, it's just not been the case around here very often.
Yep - and often times it's more a result of, again, how the draft falls, too. You take the best guy there, even if it means he may not be the guy that fills a specific need at a position that requires a "starter".

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link to the doc is on the video page. It looks like it just throws the document on my post. Its easier to read in its own window.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like that draft alot. See if you can make that one happen. haha
Each pick was made with the player in question being listed as a top 2 on the board, per PFF. They also fill needs either in a potential starting capacity or immediate backup capacity.

I'd really like an OT in that 2nd round spot - but Frazier just brings a lot more value - and also Karras and Cappa are F/A next year. Karras is already 31, and while OL do not age like skill guys in their 30's, the Bengals stance on re-signing guys in their 30's makes it hard to see them extending him.

Frazier also offers some flexibility as he has played some G as well...

I like All - He needs to get a bit stronger and playing as the 3rd TE would allow him some time on the field, but also a good amount of time to build up without needing to be relied upon (hopefully).