• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Padres vs M's 5/30-5/31

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a little more caution on the basepaths would be wise, especially with the two speediest guys on the mend right now. When we have sluggers producing big power numbers in the middle of the order, it doesn't make tons of sense to me to run into outs and take away a chance to let the big bats get at it with men on base.

I have posted this before on this site, but the great Rickey Henderson always said if you are not successful at least 75% of the time, then you have no business trying it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have posted this before on this site, but the great Rickey Henderson always said if you are not successful at least 75% of the time, then you have no business trying it.

Is that the same Ricky that once asked a teammate how long it would take to drive to the Dominican Republic? :D

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the same Ricky that once asked a teammate how long it would take to drive to the Dominican Republic? :D

Probably, but he knew base stealing...maybe not geography, but base stealing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but he knew base stealing...maybe not geography, but base stealing.

He was definitely the guru when it came to base stealing... I always loved how he referred to himself in the 3rd person... I remember when he and Olerud were taking batting practice w/ the M's one day and he asked Olerud why he wears that helmet on the field... Olerud told him and Ricky says, "I use to play w/ a guy who did that"... Olerud responded, "It was me"... When they played for the Jays/Mets together... He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he was a phenomenal base stealer and the best lead off hitter...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was definitely the guru when it came to base stealing... I always loved how he referred to himself in the 3rd person... I remember when he and Olerud were taking batting practice w/ the M's one day and he asked Olerud why he wears that helmet on the field... Olerud told him and Ricky says, "I use to play w/ a guy who did that"... Olerud responded, "It was me"... When they played for the Jays/Mets together... He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he was a phenomenal base stealer and the best lead off hitter...

Rickey knows base stealing per Rickey.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, the key to Safeco has been discovered....Day Games!!!! And Padres probably didn't hurt either. Take it and run and now off to SD. Good for us.

That warm sunny afternoon weather. The ball was flying uncharacteristically. Remember the Padres had 3 of their own today.

By the way, love love love Goldsmith on the TV call. Radio can keep Sims.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That warm sunny afternoon weather. The ball was flying uncharacteristically. Remember the Padres had 3 of their own today.

By the way, love love love Goldsmith on the TV call. Radio can keep Sims.

They do seem to be giving Aaron more work on the TV side. I know last year they opted to switch things up for one week a month or for one road trip a month or whatever it was, but it seems like Goldsmith has been on the TV side a lot this year already.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of tv calls, I forgot to turn MLB Network off at 10AM today and tortured myself by hearing a little bit of Christopher Russo's unnecessarily loud and obnoxious voice, (seriously, he is the worst) and he was rating some calls from the last week.

They played the Martin walkoff shot where Blowers, Sims, and Buhner had a blast enjoying a walkoff moment and Russo ripped Blowers a new one for saying "he got him," whining about how that's the worst thing a color guy can do, encroaching on a play by play guy's call. Are you kidding me? That call was pure joyous elation. I love Blowers' little "Oh boys" and "There it goes" along with the play by play call. It's genuine, not rude.

Chris Russo should be sent to an island to live by himself forever.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....you face palm and shit. WHO are you? I guess I don't spend enough time here, but, I KEEP trying to make peace with you, yet you refuse. Are you a little dick like you appear?
8 ball answer appears to be: Without a doubt.

I don't know your rep here. But you seem to be off-center. It is weird.

You got some serious shit to figure out dude. Hope you get help.
******I may be totally wrong, and you might be the most respected poster on this sight.************

As I HAVE SAID since I was 16, in 1976, I missed my team that moved to Milwaukee, and WELCOME my current team.

Why you are being a dick is confusing. I apologize for upsetting you. You got a response?
How many different ways can someone tell you they were NOT picking on YOU before you stop going off? It appears 4 isn't enough. Jesus man. Relax. I think your dunce cap might be on a little too tight.

Funny you keep talking about upsetting me when YOU are the one going entirely off the rails. You appear to be looking for reasons to fight.
:L

P.S. I've been going to M's games since they first came into the league as well. What the hell does that matter when it comes to sensitive people going off the deep end over nothing?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners scored 2 touchdowns and went for 2 both times. That's bold. Too bad we gave up 2 safties though. O-line needs work.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many different ways can someone tell you they were NOT picking on YOU before you stop going off? It appears 4 isn't enough. Jesus man. Relax. I think your dunce cap might be on a little too tight.

Funny you keep talking about upsetting me when YOU are the one going entirely off the rails. You appear to be looking for reasons to fight.
:L

P.S. I've been going to M's games since they first came into the league as well. What the hell does that matter when it comes to sensitive people going off the deep end over nothing?

Hoping for a solid game tonight. I'd like to see a 11-5 win. I expect Paxton to give up a few runs, but would really enjoy seeing the offense continue to roll.

Almost game time. :suds:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have asked for a better start for Paxton... Cano hits a 3 run shot to put the M's up 3-0 in the first w/ just 1 out...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice... Twins got swept by the A's 3-0...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Paxton up at the plate with bases loaded and 2 outs... Career 0-4 w/ 4K's and 1 BB...

... and he strikes out again...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, Paxton getting shelled...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youve got to be kidding me.. Come on Paxton.