• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Movies Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when Buddy tried to hold his dad's hand, and his dad slapped Buddy's hand away.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the 1 hr 34 min mark in the broadcast, I see a book on a shelf in the background, titled "The Sex King".

Ok, now that I take a closer look, and I have the strain my eyes, I think it says "The Sea King".

That makes more sense, for a movie rated PG.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good movie. Some good parts.

It's not a preferred style of movie, but it's worth watching once.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the 1 hr 34 min mark in the broadcast, I see a book on a shelf in the background, titled "The Sex King".

Ok, now that I take a closer look, and I have the strain my eyes, I think it says "The Sea King".

That makes more sense, for a movie rated PG.

If you are one to believe that Disney inserts subversive subliminal messages bad for kids in their movies, you'd have to think they wanted you to think it was Sex King, too. Even if it were, it'd still be rated PG. PG is more advanced than G, so I could see someone press harder than a background book being questionable. When you watch a movie with Ferrell in it, appropriateness should be the last thing you expect.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Buddy the Elf, what's yer favorite color?" :lol:

Was that early in the movie, when he was still at the toy shop in the North Pole?

BTW, thanks for checking back on this thread. It's been fun chatting with you.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are one to believe that Disney inserts subversive subliminal messages bad for kids in their movies, you'd have to think they wanted you to think it was Sex King, too. Even if it were, it'd still be rated PG. PG is more advanced than G, so I could see someone press harder than a background book being questionable. When you watch a movie with Ferrell in it, appropriateness should be the last thing you expect.

I've always heard about these rumors for Disney. I've heard:

* In the Little Mermaid, near the end, Ariel's father has a visible erection.

* In The Lion King, after someone is falling from a cliff, the words "Sex" are formed by the clouds.

Here's an article about all of this. Some of the pictures are still too small for me to make out, such as the Lion King one. I need them larger.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Most Inappropriate Disney Movie Scenes

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I've never seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" or "The Rescuers".

The other images are just too small for me to say clearly that it was intentional.

Ok, here's a YouTube clip:

[YOUTUBE]73fCLx-mFLg[/YOUTUBE]

* The Little Mermaid: Ok, it's very quick, and the perturbation looks a little weird, but I'll just say it's just a weird animation thing. I think tying in the movie cover to this theory is trying too hard and looking for something that isn't there.

* I also don't believe in The Lion King one either. It's just another coincidence.

* Aladdin: I do think they said "take off your clothes" in the first clip. So I'll believe that one.

Is that necessarily a major offense?

There could have been a reasonable explanation someone was saying to someone else to take off your clothes. Maybe someone had a rash he wanted to show to someone else, and get his opinion on.

Maybe it was near bedtime and someone was instructing someone to start changing.

Kids movies also have a lot of bathroom humor anyways, such as urine and defecation jokes, fart jokes, and scenes where someone accidentally walks in on someone showering.

Those aren't any better than some off-screen phrase, "take off your clothes", especially since it remained off-screen.

As for the 2nd "take off your clothes" reference, I think it sounded more like "take off your blouse" than "clothes". But anyways, it's such a loud and terrifying scene, that even if such a phrase were to have been said, it would be the last thing on my mind. I would be more concerned about the more relevant action.

What are your thoughts on these alleged subliminal messages in Disney movies?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word:)

its when he's at his dads office..

I also liked how Buddy thought that mail room co-worker was pouring "syrup" into his coffee.

They set that joke up well, first by introducing Buddy's fondness for syrup earlier in the movie while eating dinner, then referring to it again during the mail room scene.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

(FYI, I've never seen another National Lampoon movie.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when the last time was that I saw a Ford car prominently featured in a movie.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when the last time was that I saw a Ford car prominently featured in a movie.

Probably the last Ford commercial I saw. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* In the Little Mermaid, near the end, Ariel's father has a visible erection.

I've never seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" or "The Rescuers".

In order of what I quoted.

Of course, he had an erection, didn't you? Ariel is hot. ;) If her father is turned on now, imagine, he had to fight that for years. Oh, that's a bad thing for a father to say. I'm only kidding. I assume she's old enough for marriage, so she's legal... just not for her father. ;)

You should definitely see "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and "The Rescuers", in that order, not necessarily consecutively.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Aladdin: I do think they said "take off your clothes" in the first clip. So I'll believe that one...

There could have been a reasonable explanation someone was saying to someone else to take off your clothes. Maybe someone had a rash he wanted to show to someone else, and get his opinion on.

Maybe it was near bedtime and someone was instructing someone to start changing.

Kids movies also have a lot of bathroom humor anyways, such as urine and defecation jokes, fart jokes, and scenes where someone accidentally walks in on someone showering.

Those aren't any better than some off-screen phrase, "take off your clothes", especially since it remained off-screen.

As for the 2nd "take off your clothes" reference, I think it sounded more like "take off your blouse" than "clothes". But anyways, it's such a loud and terrifying scene, that even if such a phrase were to have been said, it would be the last thing on my mind. I would be more concerned about the more relevant action.

I have to say, this is the most odd commentary I've ever seen you make. A rash? Changing for bed? Weird possibilities. But "take off your blouse" is better than "take off your clothes" when it comes to kids' movies? Ariel's father would say there's no need to take off your blouse, much less all your clothes, I've got this already. You do it for me enough as it is with your shell bra and big boobs, I mean, eyes.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, this is the most odd commentary I've ever seen you make. A rash? Changing for bed? Weird possibilities. But "take off your blouse" is better than "take off your clothes" when it comes to kids' movies? Ariel's father would say there's no need to take off your blouse, much less all your clothes, I've got this already. You do it for me enough as it is with your shell bra and big boobs, I mean, eyes.

I meant it sounded like "take off your blouse" rather than "take off your clothes". Not that one was better than the other.

But, I also meant that as long as they didn't show anything, which they didn't, then the quick, hard-to-hear audible phrases weren't any worse than the bathroom humor that is in some kids' movies anyways. Or scenes where someone accidentally walks in on someone changing/showering.

While this wasn't a Disney movie, it was a Dreamworks movie, but in one of the Shrek movies, the Donkey pulls the covers off Shrek's bed. Off-screen, he then suggests to Shrek that he get new pajamas. (It was implied that Shrek at least must have had holes in his clothing, or slept semi or fully nude).

That's the same sort of humor in another kids' movie as these 1 second sound bites from Aladdin.

And in all of these cases, the questionable moments occur off-screen, you only hear a reaction to it.

Or in Jasmine's case from Aladdin, maybe she accidentally walked in on someone changing.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm trying to think of which movie I was watching recently, but one of them did that joke where a male was talking to a female, and the female reminded the male that "my eyes are up here."

Ok, I think I remember which movie it was. It wasn't one of these Holiday movies, so nevermind.