• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LVE could someday be an upgrade over Hitchens. I wouldn't say he is just yet. Hitchens is a good football player.
It's funny how high everyone is on Hitchens now. I remember saying how good I thought he was and that he could be fantastic and many were saying he sucked and needed to be replaced. Now we can't win without him. Sports are definitely a what have you done for me lately world

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how high everyone is on Hitchens now. I remember saying how good I thought he was and that he could be fantastic and many were saying he sucked and needed to be replaced. Now we can't win without him. Sports are definitely a what have you done for me lately world

Not me. Always liked Hitchens. I like D.Wilson too. Hitchens is a tackling machine. Now when we drafted him- I may have wanted the guy that went to the 49ers over him. I think he was picked a little after Hitchens. He retired because of concussions. Nothing wrong though with Hitchens.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Always liked Hitchens. I like D.Wilson too. Hitchens is a tackling machine. Now when we drafted him- I may have wanted the guy that went to the 49ers over him. I think he was picked a little after Hitchens. He retired because of concussions. Nothing wrong though with Hitchens.
Sorry, just read that back. Didn't mean it to sound as if I was the only one. I certainly wasn't. I Just remember a lot not being too high on him until recently. I think he is very underrated but I also think KC paid way too much and glad we didn't match to try and keep him. It just seems like many went into a panic when he left and I'm thinking Where were they saying he was great when he was here???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, just read that back. Didn't mean it to sound as if I was the only one. I certainly wasn't. I Just remember a lot not being too high on him until recently. I think he is very underrated but I also think KC paid way too much and glad we didn't match to try and keep him. It just seems like many went into a panic when he left and I'm thinking Where were they saying he was great when he was here??

No doubt. He is kind of player that you love to have under that first contract. Good player that will never be a star but somebody will pay him big because they are in need. Happy for him that he got a good contract. We couldn't pay that though. We got some good seasons from him. Definitely worth the 4rth round pick we used on him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm filing this under 'I'll believe it when I see it'

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it's worth I know Gregory had a kid. For some people that can be the spark that turns their life around. You hope that's the case here, fingers crossed.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this is ridiculously early and we have no clue, but kind of gives you a look at who may be on the bubble:

Cowboys 53-man roster predictions and position battles

A lot stands out to me as far as players on and off, but not really worth mentioning as its opinion based. But, I suspect 6 WRs an additional OL as someone always seems banged up on the OL in the preseason and we know this team always has some UDFAs

Thanks for the link.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never thought he sucked.

Now Heath......

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, just read that back. Didn't mean it to sound as if I was the only one. I certainly wasn't. I Just remember a lot not being too high on him until recently. I think he is very underrated but I also think KC paid way too much and glad we didn't match to try and keep him. It just seems like many went into a panic when he left and I'm thinking Where were they saying he was great when he was here???

I think you are correct in KC paid too much. I was sad that he got the offer cause I knew we weren't matching.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved reading this:

Contested Catch Rate & His Trump Card

While Michael Gallup may not compete for the elite separator title that several other players in this class wrestle for, he does come with a clear trump card. Gallup saw more contested catch attempts in this class with 20 (27 percent of his targets) and shined on his chances. His 80 percent contested catch conversion rate falls at the 90th percentile among prospects charted over the last three classes.

With how often he had to compete for the ball in the air and the degree to which he successfully snagged those passes, it’s fair to call this a trump card trait. Gallup is a chore to derail at the catch point. Not only does he have the strength to shield a defender from the ball, but his jump-timing and concentration are sublime. Gallup can be observed winning 50/50 balls throughout his game film but for some particularly superb examples, check out his game against Alabama. To really be impressed, dive into his outing against Nevada. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a college receiver thoroughly dominate an opponent like that over the last three classes.

Cowboys news: Better receivers, better Dak, better team in 2018?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved reading this:

Contested Catch Rate & His Trump Card

While Michael Gallup may not compete for the elite separator title that several other players in this class wrestle for, he does come with a clear trump card. Gallup saw more contested catch attempts in this class with 20 (27 percent of his targets) and shined on his chances. His 80 percent contested catch conversion rate falls at the 90th percentile among prospects charted over the last three classes.

With how often he had to compete for the ball in the air and the degree to which he successfully snagged those passes, it’s fair to call this a trump card trait. Gallup is a chore to derail at the catch point. Not only does he have the strength to shield a defender from the ball, but his jump-timing and concentration are sublime. Gallup can be observed winning 50/50 balls throughout his game film but for some particularly superb examples, check out his game against Alabama. To really be impressed, dive into his outing against Nevada. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a college receiver thoroughly dominate an opponent like that over the last three classes.

Cowboys news: Better receivers, better Dak, better team in 2018?

Thanks, I will have to check it out later

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain scheduled to meet with the Cowboys. do you think we sign him?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain scheduled to meet with the Cowboys. do you think we sign him?

Defensive tackle Terrell McClain has drawn interest from multiple teams since being released by Washington and one of them is reportedly the team he played for from 2014-2016.

Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan reports that McClain is scheduled to visit with the Cowboys. McClain met with the Dolphins last week and the 49ers on Monday.

The prospect of a McClain return came up in an interview with Cowboys vice president of player personnel Will McClay shortly after McClain became a free agent.

“We’re gonna look at opportunities to improve the team,” McClay said, via 105.3 The Fan. “He had a great run here and if he wants to come back we’ll definitely look at it.”

McClain played in 30 games for the Cowboys and started all 15 he played during the 2016 season. He had 61 tackles, 3.5 sacks and three forced fumbles over his entire run in Dallas.

He's definitely worth bringing back. I'm sure they'll sign him to a "prove-it" deal for at least a year maybe 2.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting quote from Bo Scarborough. He said they are trying to win the Super Bowl and he and Zeke are trying to become the best duo in league history. Like the confidence but Rod Smith is saying " hold my beer".

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting quote from Bo Scarborough. He said they are trying to win the Super Bowl and he and Zeke are trying to become the best duo in league history. Like the confidence but Rod Smith is saying " hold my beer".

At least Rod Smith knows what it's like being a Super Bowl Champion. After all he had some guy named John Elway throw him the ball a few time every game.