• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaccaro is not the type to have to sign a one year prove it deal. The guy is a legit safety with some injury concerns, but not really any other issues. Now will he sign a one year deal with the hope of a better market next year? Probably at this point he would, but most likely not for as cheap as perhaps some are thinking. Usually one year deals are more on a per year basis. I think if you want one of these safeties you need to throw away the idea of Thomas. It's one or the other, not both. Reid is probably the best fit from a skill set vs cost perspective, but with Jerry's stance against players kneeling I don't think he will consider him. Boston would be cheaper than the other two and would be a SS/Hybrid guy here to pair with Woods.

My first option is I'd like to see us trade for Thomas because I think he is a superstar and would change our entire defense dramatically. But it will cost us A LOT to do so. I'd also be fine signing one of these other guys to a somewhat inexpensive contract and move forward without Thomas. While he would be a fantastic addition, we don't need the best safety in the game to take the defense to another level. Our cap situation is set up to sign a free agent t oa 3 year deal with a decent sized signing bonus and low year one salary and then higher cap hits the next two years when Romo and Dez come off the books.

If we do nothing my hope is we minimize Heath and Frazier's snaps in passing situations. Frazier is fine as an early down in the box safety but he is horrible in coverage and will be exposed. Heath is Heath. Out of position way too often, a step too slow to give help, but will come up with a couple of good plays here and there - Carr tackle, interceptions, etc. In order to do this we need Woods to step up. If he doesn't we are in horrible shape back there. But, if he does we play him with a rotation of the other two and then in the nickel we play Lee and LVE along with Awuzie, Jones, Lewis, Woods and Brown. I don't think we are as bad off as we have been in the past because we have a lot of young cover guys that I'm sure will play wherever we ask them without complaining. Maybe one of these UDFA's or a late August cut helps out too.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Washington overpaid for him. I also thought he was very good for us when he was healthy, which was not often

Terrell McClain - DL - Free Agent
Redskins released DL Terrell McClain.

McClain signed a "four-year, $21 million" contract last year which reportedly included guaranteed money this season, but ESPN's John Keim reports McClain's $3.25 million base salary was not guaranteed. Either way, McClain is looking for work following a lackluster one-year stop in Washington. DL A.J. Francis was also cut.
Looks like the dead money comes from his signing bonus.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just now brought to my attention that the Redskins signed Scandrick. Man WTF, do they just take all of our former players?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron Smith (27) - Connor Williams (20) - Travis Frederick (27) - Zack Martin (27) - La’El Collins (25)

This lineup will have an average age of 25.8 on opening day of the 2018 NFL season, which makes it the youngest O-line in the NFL. If you’re not a Cowboys fan, that’s got to be a scary thought.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron Smith (27) - Connor Williams (20) - Travis Frederick (27) - Zack Martin (27) - La’El Collins (25)

This lineup will have an average age of 25.8 on opening day of the 2018 NFL season, which makes it the youngest O-line in the NFL. If you’re not a Cowboys fan, that’s got to be a scary thought.
Knock on wood that they stay healthy, especially Tyron and Frederick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Eric, ask for less than $8M per year and maybe someone will sign you. Also, good luck trying to defend how many safeties this year went unsigned to this point and not just you

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like to see them switch William's and Collins during camp to see how William's looks at Tackle. Collins played much better at G thus far.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Eric, ask for less than $8M per year and maybe someone will sign you. Also, good luck trying to defend how many safeties this year went unsigned to this point and not just you
agree with each of your points

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to see them switch William's and Collins during camp to see how William's looks at Tackle. Collins played much better at G thus far.
they see Williams as a guard. much like Zack Martin they think his arm length is better suited at guard than tackle

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team needs to decide where Collins should be long term and keep him there. I think his best spot is LG, but acknowledge that for a variety of reasons it seems the Cowboys are better off with him at RT and I think he played well down the stretch. Plus, he barely practiced the second half of last year because of a bad back, so I expect improvement from him this year too.

I think they should decide where they think Williams will be best and get him as many snaps as possible to get him ready for week 1. If that is LG (and I suspect it is) then get him ready for that. But, I also would like to see him get a few snaps at RT in case injury arises and Fleming is not the swing Tackle we thought or emergency arises mid game and we need to move guys around. He needs to learn the Pro game and he needs reps. But, nothing wrong with him being exposed to some RT reps too, especially since he has played Tackle in the past as long as it doesn't interfere with him learning his new position. Smith is an injury concern, Martin isn't signed LT and we don't know what the line will look like in 2 years...but thinking about how good they can be for a long time is a wonderful thing.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Eric your actions have consequences. Nobody wants bad actors be they cops thugs or just armed idiots going around and killing innocent people but you brought your thoughts to your work place about what you deemed was social injustice and made damn sure everybody in America knew where you stood on the issue. And to many you disrespected our flag That's your right to express your opinion but the NFL teams also have the right to deem your talent does not justify the baggage that you bring to the job and they are not willing to pay and put up with your opinions. Is it right well that is of course debatable .

The biggest thing players need to realize is that they do not have the right to play in the NFL just like Joe Shmoe does not have the right to work in the factory, sell cars, stocks or any other job. You played out your contract and now you services are deemed not needed at your current cost vs the possible circus you bring to town. And your actually surprised that nobody wants your services in the NFL? Is it collusion ? Maybe, maybe not but a price is paid for everything in life and sometimes you find out the hard way what that cost truly is.

JMHO others can and will vary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this is ridiculously early and we have no clue, but kind of gives you a look at who may be on the bubble:

Cowboys 53-man roster predictions and position battles

A lot stands out to me as far as players on and off, but not really worth mentioning as its opinion based. But, I suspect 6 WRs an additional OL as someone always seems banged up on the OL in the preseason and we know this team always has some UDFAs

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they see Williams as a guard. much like Zack Martin they think his arm length is better suited at guard than tackle
First reports right off the bat was he could start at guard or T moving Collins inside. If William's is a better RT than Collins was last years moving road grade Collins to G makes too much sense. If William's can't play T then a G he is.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First reports right off the bat was he could start at guard or T moving Collins inside. If William's is a better RT than Collins was last years moving road grade Collins to G makes too much sense. If William's can't play T then a G he is.
I think Williams could fill in at T if needed.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not really impressed with our UDFA haul. The draft picks IMO will make the team better than last season. Connor Williams is an upgrade at LG. LVE is an upgrade over Hitchens. Conner Williams can be Nasty and will have Daks back.

I think LVE could someday be an upgrade over Hitchens. I wouldn't say he is just yet. Hitchens is a good football player.