• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read it and posted. Must be interested in it
Of course I found it interesting. I would assume after all the talk about "Garrett guys" the last few days that EVERY Cowboy fan would be interested in hearing a neutral voice that was there and knows. And by the way it's not the Romo part that was interesting to me. I was referring to the guys still on the team. I don't care as much about Romo and Dez as I do the Cowboy players. You, apparently still care more about the ex-Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other Cowboy fan excitedly scans the Cowboy schedule tonight. RTO looks to see what games Romo is announcing:pound:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I found it interesting. I would assume after all the talk about "Garrett guys" the last few days that EVERY Cowboy fan would be interested in hearing a neutral voice that was there and knows. And by the way it's not the Romo part that was interesting to me. I was referring to the guys still on the team. I don't care as much about Romo and Dez as I do the Cowboy players. You, apparently still care more about the ex-Cowboys.

Lol. Wow this really got to you. I just asked a question if you really thought he was. Wasn't attempting to start anything.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and yes I care about Cowboy legends. Nothing wrong with that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Wow this really got to you. I just asked a question if you really thought he was. Wasn't attempting to start anything.
I didn't say you were starting anything and yes of course it was interesting to me. As I said, wasn't it interesting to every Cowboy fan? You read it as a Romo article. It was much more than that

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you were starting anything and yes of course it was interesting to me. As I said, wasn't it interesting to every Cowboy fan? You read it as a Romo article. It was much more than that

I really didn't read it. I just never looked at Romo as a "Garrett Guy". I mean I knew they were friends off the field and went to certain sporting events but on the field not so much.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares...
Old men sit around and talk about the weather and old women sit around and talk about old men.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys place James Hanna on the retired list. clears 2.75M from salary cap
Interesting. One of the mid-range guys that seemed like a possible "pay cut or be cut" option before the Dez savings. Need another blocking TE now I think. Witten seems to not be a great blocker any more and Hanna was the H-Back at times. Swaim not a bad blocker, but if we are going to run a lot we may need an additional blocking TE on the game day roster. It's not like we want Looney in the game as a "Tackle eligible" at mid field too often.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas - DB - Seahawks
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports trade talks between the Cowboys and Seahawks for Earl Thomas "centered around" the No. 50 overall pick.

Graziano's reporting suggests the Seahawks are happy with the compensation, but Dallas will not pull the trigger unless they know they can sign Thomas to an extension. Considering Thomas told Jason Garrett to "come get me" after a game in December, it seems like he is amenable to a long-term deal with Dallas. It would not be surprising to see the All-Pro safety moved during the draft.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports trade talks between the Cowboys and Seahawks for Earl Thomas "centered around" the No. 50 overall pick.

Graziano's reporting suggests the Seahawks are happy with the compensation, but Dallas will not pull the trigger unless they know they can sign Thomas to an extension. Considering Thomas told Jason Garrett to "come get me" after a game in December, it seems like he is amenable to a long-term deal with Dallas. It would not be surprising to see the All-Pro safety moved during the draft.
only way I see the cowboys doing this is if they trade down and pick up another 2nd round pick. someone suggested the cowboys trade down with buffalo. 19, 81 and 116 for 22, 53 and 96. then I could live with it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Thomas signed an extension, I'd do this deal in a blink. Let's say we then got DT Payne in the first and LB Jewell in the third, or LVE and Shepherd or Senat on the third...man, if defense and running game wins, we'd be ready to rock

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance I even consider a 1st for Thomas. I know a lot are torn on Thomas for a 2nd. How about a 3rd? i'd do a 3rd even if he won't sign a long term deal. I'm still a little torn on a second. I can't help thinking how great it would be for 2018, but long term it's a tough one to give up a 2nd and a big contract. But I think I'd do it and I think a chance it happens.

How about a 2019 2nd rounder for those of you that wouldn't do a 2nd this year?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could make this happen for a 3rd I'd be mega stoked. Heck give 'em a 4th too

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, "as of a couple days ago," many felt the Seahawks' asking price for FS Earl Thomas was still "too high."

NFL Network's Mike Silver reported Thursday that two teams have made offers for Thomas including the Cowboys. There was some thought a deal could materialize during the draft but that now seems unlikely unless Seattle significantly lowers its asking price. The 28-year-old earned second-team All-Pro honors last year despite missing two games with a hamstring injury.