• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine either way on McClain. Looks like he is looking for a little more than we want to offer

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to jarntt. He got the 1,000th response on this thread.

Your reward is a free round trip to Mac and Don's Breakfast Club for a sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin and a cup of coffee.*

* Winners are responsible for their own travel to and from destination and a $4.00 service charge.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently jaylon smith is no longer wearing the AFO for drop foot and is ready to regain form. Amazing

Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith confirms he's no longer wearing AFO brace for drop foot

FRISCO Dallas Cowboys linebackerJaylon Smith says that he is no longer wearing the AFO brace for drop foot.

He said he has not worn it since he began working out again in February.

A source said Smith is looking Notre Dame-fast again and primed for a big year after just being happy to get in the field in 2017.[/QUOTE]

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell McClain to sign 1 year with the Falcons.

Maliek Collins to miss at minimum 3 months

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell McClain to sign 1 year with the Falcons.

Maliek Collins to miss at minimum 3 months
Looks like some fat boys get some time up front early on? Maybe Ash or Price?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith confirms he's no longer wearing AFO brace for drop foot

FRISCO Dallas Cowboys linebackerJaylon Smith says that he is no longer wearing the AFO brace for drop foot.

He said he has not worn it since he began working out again in February.

A source said Smith is looking Notre Dame-fast again and primed for a big year after just being happy to get in the field in 2017.
I'm not falling for that but I'll repeat what I've said a hundred times on him. Year 3 is the year to judge him. Year one unless you listened to Jerry's dribble there was no chance he was playing. Year 1 was just to see if the nerve regenerated. Year 2 was the year to hopefully get him some reps and see if there was enough improvement to play in games and anything above that should be gravy. First half of year 2 was a success if he got snaps at all. Year 3 is the year to judge him. He isn't getting much healthier than he will be by September of 2018. Doesn't mean no improvement can be seen in years 4 thru xx, but the leaps and bounds improvement should be stopping soon and by the second month of this year we should have a good idea of what he will be on an NFL field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly. how about signing Jay Bromley?
I'm never against taking a look at guys, but I think we have enough guys on the DL. Who knows, maybe Gregory ends up in the mix. But Collins will be back and we will bring in a bunch of UDFAs throughout the offseason if we need a body for a few weeks.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never against taking a look at guys, but I think we have enough guys on the DL. Who knows, maybe Gregory ends up in the mix. But Collins will be back and we will bring in a bunch of UDFAs throughout the offseason if we need a body for a few weeks.
whatever works.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not falling for that but I'll repeat what I've said a hundred times on him. Year 3 is the year to judge him. Year one unless you listened to Jerry's dribble there was no chance he was playing. Year 1 was just to see if the nerve regenerated. Year 2 was the year to hopefully get him some reps and see if there was enough improvement to play in games and anything above that should be gravy. First half of year 2 was a success if he got snaps at all. Year 3 is the year to judge him. He isn't getting much healthier than he will be by September of 2018. Doesn't mean no improvement can be seen in years 4 thru xx, but the leaps and bounds improvement should be stopping soon and by the second month of this year we should have a good idea of what he will be on an NFL field.
I'm buying, but not with Lamborghini money. Maybe Ford Focus money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Hankins fan, but I'm not sure spending big for a 1 tech is what we need especially with Collins on the way back. I wonder if he would sign for a one year deal for relatively cheap. McClain signed for $4M so I guess Hankins gets at least that

The Cowboys could be a landing spot for free agent DT Johnathan Hankins.
Dallas is in the market for a one-technique with Maliek Collins sidelined. After missing out on Terrell McClain, they may look to bring in Hankins. There haven't been many updates on Hankins since he visited the Jets last month. Hankins made $10.5 million in 2017 but should be open to a one-year, prove-it deal.

Johnathan Hankins one of few DT options after McClain jilts Cowboys

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Hankins fan, but I'm not sure spending big for a 1 tech is what we need especially with Collins on the way back. I wonder if he would sign for a one year deal for relatively cheap. McClain signed for $4M so I guess Hankins gets at least that

The Cowboys could be a landing spot for free agent DT Johnathan Hankins.
Dallas is in the market for a one-technique with Maliek Collins sidelined. After missing out on Terrell McClain, they may look to bring in Hankins. There haven't been many updates on Hankins since he visited the Jets last month. Hankins made $10.5 million in 2017 but should be open to a one-year, prove-it deal.

Johnathan Hankins one of few DT options after McClain jilts Cowboys
Man, I would give Hankins the money. I am no GM, but I have a surefire method to determine if a guy is a stud...when our guys can't block you, you're a badass...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I would give Hankins the money. I am no GM, but I have a surefire method to determine if a guy is a stud...when our guys can't block you, you're a badass...
Me too, but I guess in the back of my mind I'm still hoping to bring in one of those big safeties that are out there:hope:

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you discussed this, but I haven't heard anything pro or con about the rookie camp the Cowboys just ran. Any comments on the players?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you discussed this, but I haven't heard anything pro or con about the rookie camp the Cowboys just ran. Any comments on the players?
Screw You don't come over here trolling!!!:kidding:

Not much news to really discuss. As I think most teams do with the new rules, Dallas runs a pretty cerebral rookie camp with an introduction to how they like to do things from practice methods to weight room, etc. A little play book introduction and watch guys move around in shorts and t-shirts. I think we get a better idea over the Summer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can already see how much more aggressive our DBs are going to be in coverage this year with Kris Richard here. I think a lot of us have been calling for that for years. I am definitely excited to see this. Absolutely loving what I'm hearing about Richard so far. If we can find this guy two starting quality safeties to go with all of these aggressive young CBs I think he is going to be a huge addition to the team. As a matter of fact as long as Woods keeps improving and can handle the single high role when we play it and we get two good coverage LBs on the field I think we can figure out something at SS.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I came across this little blurb via the DMN or some scouting rag a couple of weeks ago about this kid. He immediately became a rooting interest... and your link just confirms it.

Joel Lanning | LB | Iowa State
Scouting report:
"Lanning comes to balance on the move, lowering his pads and bursting through his target as a tackler. He looked inexperienced in coverage in his one season at linebacker, but trusted his instincts to guide him, staying away from mental mistakes. Lanning has a great backstory that illustrates his team-first mentality. With his determination and natural football IQ, he has a chance of making it as a special teamer, linebacker or fullback."