• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came across this little blurb via the DMN or some scouting rag a couple of weeks ago about this kid. He immediately became a rooting interest... and your link just confirms it.

Joel Lanning | LB | Iowa State
Scouting report:
"Lanning comes to balance on the move, lowering his pads and bursting through his target as a tackler. He looked inexperienced in coverage in his one season at linebacker, but trusted his instincts to guide him, staying away from mental mistakes. Lanning has a great backstory that illustrates his team-first mentality. With his determination and natural football IQ, he has a chance of making it as a special teamer, linebacker or fullback."
Seems like a perfect player #53 on a 53 man roster. All 4 STs units, backup LB, emergency QB or RB. Heck, sounds like the kind of guy to bring water to his teammates too if that's what's needed.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance Williams remains out of the offseason program while rehabbing from a broken foot.

The Cowboys receiver underwent surgery in February.

“He has not been involved in the teaching sessions yet,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. “He’s been out there. He’s been working on the side with our trainers and our strength coaches. It seems like he’s on schedule to do everything that everyone anticipates him to be able to do. He’s in good spirits. I think he’s just waiting and waiting for that chance to get back out there. But he’s certainly engaged, and he’s doing all the right things.”

Williams caught 58 passes for 568 yards but scored no touchdowns for the first time in his five seasons. The Cowboys are planning for a receiver-by-committee after cutting Dez Bryant. They signed Deonte Thompson and Allen Hurns in free agency and drafted Michael Gallup in the third round.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witt says he could see Dez in GB. That would be a smart move for Dez.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's always wanted a good to great QB to throw him the ball.

DEZ BRYANT__________________

He even signed on the dotted line.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect spot if his concern is looking like he still "has it". Not sure they will give him too much $ though. Would they give him more than $3M? I'm not sure anyone will at this point. My guess is he signs a relatively cheap contract and uses that as "proof" that he would have played for a lot less in Dallas. Meanwhile the real reason is no one seems to really want him.

Rogers can make anyone look good and Dez doesn't need the separation he needed in Dallas to get some catches with Rodgers threading the needle. When he was younger he was of course able to do that a little more, but now he just can't. Plus with the other options he won't be seeing the better defenders on him. With Jordy gone I think he can help GB in the red zone. But if he continues with the drops will Rodgers throw him the ball?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect spot if his concern is looking like he still "has it". Not sure they will give him too much $ though. Would they give him more than $3M? I'm not sure anyone will at this point. My guess is he signs a relatively cheap contract and uses that as "proof" that he would have played for a lot less in Dallas. Meanwhile the real reason is no one seems to really want him.

Rogers can make anyone look good and Dez doesn't need the separation he needed in Dallas to get some catches. When he was younger he was of course able to do that a little more, but now he just can't. Plus with the other options he won't be seeing the better defenders on him. With Jordy gone I think he can help GB in the red zone. But if he continues with the drops will Rodgers throw him the ball?

If I were the Packers I'd stay away from Dez Bryant. Too much of a headcase for a team that's clearly getting younger at the position.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot the Packers drafted 3 WRs. They would be dumb to bring in Dez right now

Report: Packers not expected to sign Dez Bryant

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 15, 2018, 4:48 PM EDT
631764560.jpg

Getty Images

Jason Witten thinks Dez Bryant is going to sign with the Packers, but Witten was hired by ESPN to be an analyst, not a reporter.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Packers are not expected to sign Bryant.

The Packers did have some interest in Bryant when he was first released by the Cowboys, according to the report. But after the Packers drafted wide receiver J'Mon Moore in the fourth round, wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling in the fifth round and wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown in the sixth round, that interest waned.

Bryant has had a hard time finding any team willing to sign him. Although he was once among the league’s elite receivers, his production has declined of late, and he hasn’t always been known as the easiest player to get along with, which could scare some teams off. He still has a couple months before training camps open to find a team.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I have my doubts that anyone will sign Dez this season. His antics on the sideline last year, together with his drops and fumbles, and his tantrum after we let him go just isn't going to sit well with too many teams.

The flip side is that I don't think Dez would even consider anything under 7 million, which is a shame, because he might not even be worth half that much if his play continues to go down.

If I were him, I would be putting an offer out there that he would sign with the first team that offers him 2 million for one season. Two million is better than nothing, which is exactly what he's going to get if he sits at home all season long.

I wish the man the best, but he's going to have to eat some humble pie at some point if he still wants to play, or at least earn some money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I have my doubts that anyone will sign Dez this season. His antics on the sideline last year, together with his drops and fumbles, and his tantrum after we let him go just isn't going to sit well with too many teams.
I know he was hurting, but I totally agree. He came off like an immature baby. At first I was pissed at him for it and felt it reinforced we made the right decision to get his BS away from this team, but then I was kind of sad for him because he is still like a child. He became more and more TO in my eyes over the last few years.

I definitely think someone will sign him, but I bet he is kicking himself for not jumping at the Ravens offer. The lack of suitors screams how NFL teams think we made the right move and how it's not even close IMO. I don't care if he catches 100 balls, him still being out there at this point says the tape showed he just wasn't any good lately. Even if he ends up playing better it wasn't worth the gamble to try and find out.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I believe this from Rob Ryan!!

"Absolutely," said Ryan when asked if he's surprised Bryant isn't with a new team yet. "I think Dez is one of the guys that come around once in a generation and, to me, he's gotta find a spot. I know he recently turned down a multi-year offer so he'll find a home. It'll be interesting to see where it is.

"...Look, Dez is 100% genuine. I mean, he really is. I don't think what people are saying and money affects the kid. I think the biggest difference is Dak Prescott is a throw-to-the-open-receiver quarterback, and he really is. When it's one-on-one, absolutely he should go out to Dez, but when the throw's not where Romo used to put it -- right over the guy's ear, where Aaron Rodgers puts it, where Flacco put it to Anquan Boldin -- the numbers are going to drop. Now, the concentration numbers at the end there where he's dropping the football, that's a new thing for Dez Bryant.

"He doesn't do that. He's got great hands, probably some of the best hands that have ever played the game.

"Here's the thing I noticed when I was in Dallas: Some people are tough enough to take the heat, like myself, but there are others that it affects. They run out one of the best corners who ever played the game in Terence Newman, who had a lot of football left. That media ran him out. ...The higher-ups got affected and ran him out of town. And by the way, he's going to make the Hall of Fame because he's playing forever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are tough enough to take the heat, like myself, but there are others that it affects.

And in true Ryan fashion always finds a way to make it about himself...

There is little chance Dez would have been better with Romo last year. He isn't the guy he was when Romo was here. It wasn't Romo that was better at throwing to Dez it was Dez 5 years ago that was a better player. I don't get why people keep saying that. Plus Romo would have been a paraplegic after the Atlanta game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are tough enough to take the heat, like myself, but there are others that it affects.

And in true Ryan fashion always finds a way to make it about himself...

There is little chance Dez would have been better with Romo last year. He isn't the guy he was when Romo was here. It wasn't Romo that was better at throwing to Dez it was Dez 5 years ago that was a better player. I don't get why people keep saying that. Plus Romo would have been a paraplegic after the Atlanta game.
The part about Dak is dead on IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part about Dak is dead on IMO.
Yes Dak is definitely a throw-to-the-open-receiver quarterback in this Offense. So are Brady and Rodgers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspended DE Randy Gregory will apply for reinstatement on Thursday.

The No. 60 overall pick in 2015, Gregory recently wrapped up six weeks in intensive drug and alcohol rehab and counseling, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. He's appeared in just 14 career games and missed all of last season while banned. Gregory would be a boost to Dallas' pass rush.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 16 - 1:11 PM

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Dak is definitely a throw-to-the-open-receiver quarterback in this Offense. So are Brady and Rodgers

They sure are, but they have better accuracy then Dak at this point.