• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE just signed a 10 year make a deal with Saudi Arabia, they’re getting companies to bid over each other for the TV rights, and judging by the latest conference call their numbers are up.

I know it’s a common thing among the Internet crowd to say WWE is failing at things because TV ratings are down(completely ignoring that all TV ratings are down across the board and USA is the number one cable network thanks WWE), and they’re struggling when really they’re in the best position they been in in years. Vince will tell you what he wants to get over and if you don’t like it you can leave because he’s got so much more than people think he does.

The fans know what they want to see. I know it's Vince's money on the line and WWE is his baby so he feels he has to be cautious with it but enough is enough. There's nothing wrong with getting the fans involved in the programming and letting them decide what matches take place on both weekly shows as well as the storylines behind those matches and feuds.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans know what they want to see. I know it's Vince's money on the line and WWE is his baby so he feels he has to be cautious with it but enough is enough. There's nothing wrong with getting the fans involved in the programming and letting them decide what matches take place on both weekly shows as well as the storylines behind those matches and feuds.
So you think WWE should turn creative control over to the fans?

Fans voting on match ups or stipulations is one thing and they do that a couple times a year but storylines would not work. If you have for example fans vote on Mojo Rawley turning heel and turning on Zack Rider it won't work because we'd all know what was coming or not every time.

All that said, to me involving the fans means listening to reactions or lack of reactions and changing on the fly based on the reactions wrestlers get or not. WWE is very very bad at running with things that happen organically. If they don't want it to happen or plan it they ignore it. That could change. What you're suggesting, nope.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think WWE should turn creative control over to the fans?

Fans voting on match ups or stipulations is one thing and they do that a couple times a year but storylines would not work. If you have for example fans vote on Mojo Rawley turning heel and turning on Zack Rider it won't work because we'd all know what was coming or not every time.

All that said, to me involving the fans means listening to reactions or lack of reactions and changing on the fly based on the reactions wrestlers get or not. WWE is very very bad at running with things that happen organically. If they don't want it to happen or plan it they ignore it. That could change. What you're suggesting, nope.

No that's not what I'm saying at all.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not what I'm saying at all.
Then what else does "letting them decide what matches take place on both weekly shows as well as the storylines behind those matches and feuds" mean??? What are you trying to say???

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what else does "letting them decide what matches take place on both weekly shows as well as the storylines behind those matches and feuds" mean???

It's get the audience more involved with both shows and it'll get the ratings up.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are stupid, lets just turn WWE into American Idol and make it 100% fan votes. And not just wrestling fans are stupid either, if businesses and companies just listened to fans because the guy in charge was out of touch then Tim Tebow would still be a starting QB in the NFL because the fans loved him, and no tv shows would ever get cancelled because the fans of that show wouldn't allow it to happen. Doesn't matter if the show sucks or no one wants to do it, they have too because the fans want it and if you don't listen to the fans then you're running things wrong.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are stupid, lets just turn WWE into American Idol and make it 100% fan votes. And not just wrestling fans are stupid either, if businesses and companies just listened to fans because the guy in charge was out of touch then Tim Tebow would still be a starting QB in the NFL because the fans loved him, and no tv shows would ever get cancelled because the fans of that show wouldn't allow it to happen. Doesn't matter if the show sucks or no one wants to do it, they have too because the fans want it and if you don't listen to the fans then you're running things wrong.

That's the problem Vince has. He rarely listens to what the fans want to see. That's why the product is so bland right now. There's no creativity at all.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem Vince has. He rarely listens to what the fans want to see. That's why the product is so bland right now. There's no creativity at all.

They are the reason USA is #1 in the cable tv world(USA loves them so much they force WWE to make Raw 3 hours Vince doesn't want that extra hour) and they are getting huge offers for their tv rights. So if you can explain to me how what Vince is doing isn't working and WWE is failing as a company by not listening to fans please go ahead. Look at WWE's latest conference call numbers and tell me what they're doing that's not working.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's get the audience more involved with both shows and it'll get the ratings up.

USA network is #1 in ratings because of WWE, why does WWE need ratings to go up they're already at the top?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the reason USA is #1 in the cable tv world(USA loves them so much they force WWE to make Raw 3 hours Vince doesn't want that extra hour) and they are getting huge offers for their tv rights. So if you can explain to me how what Vince is doing isn't working and WWE is failing as a company by not listening to fans please go ahead. Look at WWE's latest conference call numbers and tell me what they're doing that's not working.

How many fans really want to sit through 3 hours of TV programming in this day and age. I had a hard enough time watching it when RAW was 2 hours because alot of the angles were stupid and the storylines didn't make much sense. Not to mention a few of the characters were recycled from older gimmicks.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many fans really want to sit through 3 hours of TV programming in this day and age. I had a hard enough time watching it when RAW was 2 hours because alot of the angles were stupid and the storylines didn't make much sense. Not to mention a few of the characters were recycled from older gimmicks.

And if it were up to WWE they wouldn't be 3 hours for Raw, that's a USA network call so obviously Vince has to do what they say.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if it were up to WWE they wouldn't be 3 hours for Raw, that's a USA network call so obviously Vince has to do what they say.

There's still something he could do about it. He could use the entire 3 hours and give us entertaining stuff to watch instead of the filler you see in every show that nobody cares about.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still something he could do about it. He could use the entire 3 hours and give us entertaining stuff to watch instead of the filler you see in every show that nobody cares about.

Sure, and if this or and if that we could play the what if game all day if we wanted.

Bu looking at the facts as presented to us what WWE is currently doing is working just fine when you consider how they are #1 in ratings, revenue is up thanks to how they run their business and the WWE network, tv rights, cities throwing tons of money their way to host WM, etc etc etc. Things could better but the way you're talking about WWE you'd think Vince was in danger of losing the company with how he doesn't listen to fans when in reality WWE is in the best position they've been in as a company in years.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By any means necessary. What would you do?
By any means necessary. What would you do?
Not any means necessary. You only do that when you're in a war and WWE isn't in a war right now. Some tweaks to the product to freshen it up and more long term planning. I would also do what Paul Heyman was great at doing in ECW. Hide the weakness and accentuate the strengths of each wrestler. Easier said than done!

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any means necessary. You only do that when you're in a war and WWE isn't in a war right now. Some tweaks to the product to freshen it up and more long term planning. I would also do what Paul Heyman was great at doing in ECW. Hide the weakness and accentuate the strengths of each wrestler. Easier said than done!

There's always a way to do that. Just gotta think outside the box.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider.com had an article this morning about this very thing. Yeah, ratings are down but TV rating are down across the board. Everything else in WWE is up. They broke the string with PPV providers/carriers and their Network/VOD model is being copied by ROH, Impact/TNA(whatever they're called this week), and New Japan.

All that said, could they tweak the product some and stop shoving Roman Reigns down our throats, yeah but that is hardly failing.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider.com had an article this morning about this very thing. Yeah, ratings are down but TV rating are down across the board. Everything else in WWE is up. They broke the string with PPV providers/carriers and their Network/VOD model is being copied by ROH, Impact/TNA(whatever they're called this week), and New Japan.

All that said, could they tweak the product some and stop shoving Roman Reigns down our throats, yeah but that is hardly failing.

Then stop booing him. Sheesh, it's so simple. But as another poster said fans are stupid and in an attempt to tell WWE what they want, they're doing the very thing WWE looks for....a reaction. Any reaction to be more specific.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then stop booing him. Sheesh, it's so simple. But as another poster said fans are stupid and in an attempt to tell WWE what they want, they're doing the very thing WWE looks for....a reaction. Any reaction to be more specific.

All fans boo Roman Reigns except the kids they love him just like they loved Cena.