• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 3rd Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what if I was being milkian and chose the 2 NFC teams that I voted for...

also picked the packers, but you already confirmed it wasn't them...

Truth,

Spiller he was being polite and made up the story about you scoring any votes, that's why he's not telling you....
It was actually the J E T S that didn't score...........again!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth,

Spiller he was being polite and made up the story about you scoring any votes, that's why he's not telling you....
It was actually the J E T S that didn't score...........again!

I wouldn't be surprised... But Nos, would have shouted that one... He is not 'POLITE' to me...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD had a great draft, with at least his first 5 guys going exactly where they are projected to go by the majority of pundits.

He had allot of high motor guys(Nassib and Tuerk, particularly) but both those guys need some serious bulk and are likely bench players in year 1, IMHumbleO. SD's first 3 picks are legit tho. Getting Henry in the 3rd is some serious theft. He looks like he could be a better version of Greg Olsen.
The thing about the Chargers I liked is that they grabbed Ramsey who is a top flight athlete that can play 2 positions and either way fills a massive need for SD and could likely be the best player in the draft. Henry's comparisons have been Kelce, Witten and poor man's Gronk and went a whole season without dropping a pass. He got a day 1 pass rusher with lots of production from Michigan St and he got a pass rusher project from State Penn. He made the right trade in this draft - went back from round 2 and got an extra round 3 pick.

For me these things aren't really about volume. A great draft is often getting 1 star and 1 starter. We might think that there will be 4 or 5 starters but thats just not likely. My top 5, btw:

1. Chargers

2. Bears. Hargreaves was probably the steal of the draft in rd1. In terms of draft value, maybe getting the top CB at 11 in today's NFL is a massive, massive haul. I felt like you attacked your needs fairly well, too and didn't dislike any of your picks.

3. Ravens. Lots of boom/bust potential but really only needs one of his players to hit their ceiling for it to be a good draft.

4. Browns. Just for Goff. Now that the dust is settled, getting the top QB prospect in the draft at #2 for a franchise that has really needed a QB.

5. Steelers. Lots of good defensive players that fill various roles. Steelers offense is so good that they are an easy team to draft for but this draft really, really fits a lot of what they want to do and the CB they got in rd1 should've already been gone, imo.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Chargers I liked is that they grabbed Ramsey who is a top flight athlete that can play 2 positions and either way fills a massive need for SD and could likely be the best player in the draft. Henry's comparisons have been Kelce, Witten and poor man's Gronk and went a whole season without dropping a pass. He got a day 1 pass rusher with lots of production from Michigan St and he got a pass rusher project from State Penn. He made the right trade in this draft - went back from round 2 and got an extra round 3 pick.

For me these things aren't really about volume. A great draft is often getting 1 star and 1 starter. We might think that there will be 4 or 5 starters but thats just not likely. My top 5, btw:

1. Chargers

2. Bears. Hargreaves was probably the steal of the draft in rd1. In terms of draft value, maybe getting the top CB at 11 in today's NFL is a massive, massive haul. I felt like you attacked your needs fairly well, too and didn't dislike any of your picks.

3. Ravens. Lots of boom/bust potential but really only needs one of his players to hit their ceiling for it to be a good draft.

4. Browns. Just for Goff. Now that the dust is settled, getting the top QB prospect in the draft at #2 for a franchise that has really needed a QB.

5. Steelers. Lots of good defensive players that fill various roles. Steelers offense is so good that they are an easy team to draft for but this draft really, really fits a lot of what they want to do and the CB they got in rd1 should've already been gone, imo.

I really voted against any team that drafted a QB or WR early unless they were an elite... so the 2 QBs and the 3 WRs...

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my #1 was the Rams. Idk why you guys voted for the Eagles. I thought drafting 4 positions with like 10 picks made no sense.:noidea:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought my team addressed their needs pretty well......

*Cries into my lunch time beer*

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought my team addressed their needs pretty well......

*Cries into my lunch time beer*

Ha yeah a real mock draft is even more of a toss up then our usual ones.

Shit, only one of my top 5 even finished overall top 10(although jags and Cowboys were my 6th and 7th).

It was good stuff though since I usually just follow potential Vikings picks. Now I'm gonna recognize a lot more names in rounds 2-7.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really voted against any team that drafted a QB or WR early unless they were an elite... so the 2 QBs and the 3 WRs...
Id hate to think that every QB in this draft is going to bust except for Goff and Wentz but its highly likely. Obviously if Dak Prescott is a starter 3 years from now then the Broncos likely have the best draft of the bunch (still actually possible even without Dak) but late round QBs statistically are the worst possible picks lately. You're basically just drafting a backup QB unless they are Tom Brady or Russell Wilson.

SportsHoopla seems to have given their thumbs up on Paxton Lynch which is weird because everyone passed on him.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id hate to think that every QB in this draft is going to bust except for Goff and Wentz but its highly likely. Obviously if Dak Prescott is a starter 3 years from now then the Broncos likely have the best draft of the bunch (still actually possible even without Dak) but late round QBs statistically are the worst possible picks lately. You're basically just drafting a backup QB unless they are Tom Brady or Russell Wilson.

SportsHoopla seems to have given their thumbs up on Paxton Lynch which is weird because everyone passed on him.

JMO, but the late QBs are just flyers, just like any other pick at that point... But a QB taken outside of an elite QB either needs to sit for the year or is unlikely to tap the top 20 QBs anytime soon... I don't like drafting for such unreliablilty before the 4th round... Here is where I am very different to most Real life NFL teams... They love to draft QBs... I don't...

WRs, IMO are a dime a dozen... if you are not elite, then it all matters who is throwing to you, and who are your team's other options- really that matters no matter what... It is very rare for WRs to make a QB, it is generally the QB that makes the WR valuable... on draft day, I do prefer larger bodied WRs than smaller, even if the smaller is ranked better...