• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 3rd Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else notice that most of the teams that finished in the top-12 picked in the top-12? Not faulting anybody for who they picked because I picked 3 teams that fell in that area but just seems like that is how these go because they have the opportunity at the top talent. Much more difficult running a team at the bottom of every round to find value.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else notice that most of the teams that finished in the top-12 picked in the top-12? Not faulting anybody for who they picked because I picked 3 teams that fell in that area but just seems like that is how these go because they have the opportunity at the top talent. Much more difficult running a team at the bottom of every round to find value.

So your saying the Redskins who finished 8th and drafted 21st should have received a higher score :D

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may remember I had concerns about that at the very beginning and I mentioned people should try also voting on how a team drafted to help the team needs. I've been running these things for years I know that people see a big name or a name they are most familiar with and that sways their vote.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I love it! :clap:

Ritz I better see you all over the place with that....

I am not going out past the mock draft site. Not sure if I can post on Redskin board for awhile now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying the Redskins who finished 8th and drafted 21st should have received a higher score :D

I do. I think those that finished in the top-10 that picked out of the top-12 definitely deserve some credit for catching the eye of many when big names mean so much more to most.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may remember I had concerns about that at the very beginning and I mentioned people should try also voting on how a team drafted to help the team needs. I've been running these things for years I know that people see a big name or a name they are most familiar with and that sways their vote.

I remember you saying that. Throw in those are the teams that have the most holes so a lot of players make sense for team needs as well. To me if the Broncos got the draft that I did I would be giddy. This is my 3rd year of doing this I think and this was by far my favorite Bronco draft. I feel like talent and need (more so for depth and future starters) were really met. I understand though that they are not the top names in this draft and really not the sexiest of positions either.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you saying that. Throw in those are the teams that have the most holes so a lot of players make sense for team needs as well. To me if the Broncos got the draft that I did I would be giddy. This is my 3rd year of doing this I think and this was by far my favorite Bronco draft. I feel like talent and need (more so for depth and future starters) were really met. I understand though that they are not the top names in this draft and really not the sexiest of positions either.

I think I finished 12th with the Bills, a team that nobody cares about or pays attention to so I am pretty happy that some people gave me some credit for doing pretty well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know players, so I don't vote by who got the names... I look at positions... I have said many times I am low on drafting QBs and WRs, so anyone who did took a hit in my vote...

I really hope the Jets do NOT draft a QB or WR in the first 4 rounds... I know they will, but I really hope not...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's tough to really decide who was best. Personally, I know my team best, and as such I felt my draft was best. If the Seahawks draft looks anything like what I was able to get, our entire board would be ecstatic. But, I can see why people liked the top picks - but here was my top 5 (I'll only list favorite pick, to keep it short):

1. Indianapolis Colts (#18) - Taylor Decker was my target for the first - and so I know a bit about this player. I'm still not sure he drops to Seattle, but had he been there, I would have taken him over Rankins.

2. Tennessee Titans (#4) - I like that Hammer traded out (though it appears he didn't ask for nearly enough!) and was still able to get the best tackle in the draft.

3. Atlanta Falcons (#8) - I was looking at Jayron Kearse as a replacement for Chancellor, but he never even got close to me in the 4th.

4. Cleveland Browns (#2) - I just felt that overall they came in and gave their team a chance to have a lot of talent from a lot of positions come in and compete.

5. San Francisco 49ers (#12) - His manueverings gave him the chance to get a lot of talent, while at the same time still having 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds. To be honest, if it wasn't for being the 9ers, I may have moved him up the list.....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I'm guilty of that in my rankings as well but I had the Steelers at 5 and the Broncos were definitely in the running for top 5. I had your Vernon Butler in rd2 as one of the better picks in the whole draft but none of the other guys you picked were even on my radar. I have a feeling that most people voted for teams who stole players they were looking at which means that most people voted for teams ahead of them and not behind them. As such, the top teams picked were the ones that picked first.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you were like my 6th team. And I don't think I voted for any teams in the top 9. But I could definitely see what you're saying making a difference in the voting.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I finished 12th with the Bills, a team that nobody cares about or pays attention to so I am pretty happy that some people gave me some credit for doing pretty well.

I guess you already know this but I had the bills number 1. I thought it was a really good draft.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote like that. Pretty sure 2 of my top 3 teams were late picks. In fact, 4 of my 5 teams were in the later half of the first. I looked at the mid rounds, mostly, for the value picks.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote like that. Pretty sure 2 of my top 3 teams were late picks. In fact, 4 of my 5 teams were in the later half of the first. I looked at the mid rounds, mostly, for the value picks.

Yea I think that's the other side to it. If you pick later you have a better chance of getting good value which I think subconsciously played a big part in my voting.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you already know this but I had the bills number 1. I thought it was a really good draft.

I've always said how freakin' smart you are!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should look at last years draft and see how many good players each team drafted. that's more accurate and do the same thing for this years draft next year.

As for my Fins I told Nos that part of the rating should be the trade with Philly as they added two starters by moving back...that's huge for them with so many holes. I then drafted every need from CB to RB to LB, etc...and potentially stole the best player in the draft in rd 2 Jaylen Smith which is a huge need for them moving forward. But most non Fin fans may not notice this stuff as Seattle said he knows his team better than everyone else which is true.

I also noticed when drafting using my CBS list that I was more often than not taking higher ranked guys than my round whereas some guys were taking 7 rounders in round 3. I'm not sure why the lists are so different or did guys reach that much? Players can't be rated that far off 4 rounds is a lot!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I'm guilty of that in my rankings as well but I had the Steelers at 5 and the Broncos were definitely in the running for top 5. I had your Vernon Butler in rd2 as one of the better picks in the whole draft but none of the other guys you picked were even on my radar. I have a feeling that most people voted for teams who stole players they were looking at which means that most people voted for teams ahead of them and not behind them. As such, the top teams picked were the ones that picked first.

Good point. I'll be honest I didn't really scout any of the Corners in this draft. I didn't scout many of the WR's in this draft. So teams who drafted those two positions I honestly don't know much about the players you took so yeah that probably hurt your value in my eyes. I also do think a ton of OT's got overdrafted in this draft. We had 12 in the 1st 3 rounds alone. Some of those guys I didn't have going until the 5th or 6th round so that hurt some people in my eyes.

As for my players a lot of my guys are at positions that are not the sexy picks such as NT/DE, Guard, Safety, ILB and such. Right now other than QB the Broncos are pretty set at all the Sexy positions. They need depth and quality elsewhere so I would guess my draft looked a bit boring to some. For me I view it as my 1st 3 picks will all be starters by next year for the Broncos and great depth/rotational pieces this year. Hooper will be a great run blocker and add some red zone threat for the Broncos who love to use 2-TE sets. Alexander is probably the one pick now looking back that I really regret. He does have some limitations and probably is more of a special teams/depth guy than chance to actually start. If I went back I would probably take Jatavis Brown of Akron as the guy has ridiculous athleticism just needs to have it molded into NFL talent.

Probably though my best value pick was Dak Prescott. Most mock drafts have him going 2nd round these days and he has been to at least half the teams for private work outs so lots of interest in the guy by the actual teams so to get him in the 5th round I was pretty darn happy. After this pick I went with pure athleticism that I am hoping can be coached into something great. these are guys that have not quite reached their potential.

Obviously though we are all going to like our own draft. We picked the players so we know something about them and find them a great value where we picked them. Like I said if the Broncos had the draft I just had I would be happy but I'm sure others would pick it apart.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had :

Packers
Broncos
Sehawks

mixed in my top five, I thought they played the board really well and filled needs with very good players.

I like the idea of going back and looking at this draft and "see where they are now" game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had :

Packers
Broncos
Sehawks

mixed in my top five, I thought they played the board really well and filled needs with very good players.

I like the idea of going back and looking at this draft and "see where they are now" game.

I do too. I just looked back at my draft from last year. It went ok and the players still have plenty of time to develop. I do feel bad though as they went to bad teams like the Browns and then one of my top defenders went to the Saints that is just a bad unit.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cowboys
2. Steelers
3. Titans
4. Dolphins
5. Browns

Here are my rankings... Like my draft I felt these guys didn't reach much and got great value picks... Felt my only reach was Cowser who I picked when my target was taken right before me and I was driving and I'd been on the clock or something crazy but couldn't get to my board and I knew I wanted him soon... Anyway that being said really liked what I got for a team that is young and spent a bunch of money on FAs... IMO my first 2 picks will be day one starters and think Cowser and Moritz are going to be studs...