• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suarez gives them an additional bat. Other than that, the dugout staff is going to manage without ambition or motivation. There is no incentive for Riggleman to win. He gets no pot of gold and he's probably being told to not tamper with the young pitchers very much. I don't know if they bring Senzel up for anything other than show. They don't need him. I think they will jettison Iglesias, maybe Duvall and possibly Gennett. Hamilton is probably going to be traded too. These guys all know this shit.

John, Have the Reds said anything about how long Riggleman will be the interim manager?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, Have the Reds said anything about how long Riggleman will be the interim manager?
The line from the GM essentially said he's there for the season and will be considered at year's end, but that message spoke to the notion that they will look elsewhere. The list is genuine -- it's out there -- and I would say he will not be the new manager unless more promising names turn it down. I personally would like to see Delino Deshields get a shot at it but his name hasn't been brought up.
So there's that. I think they are all clueless.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomcat, have you heard if Flaherty will be called up for Wednesday game? I heard that Weaver has been moved to Tuesday.

This is how things stand as of Monday morning:

Waino has gone back on the 10 day DL for elbow inflamation and Breebia has been called up. Tuesday night will be Wheeler vs. Weaver, who will start in Waino's spot. The rotation will remain on turn, needing a new starter on Saturday at the earliest when Flaherty will be a candidate.

Please let me know if you hear anything differently.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line from the GM essentially said he's there for the season and will be considered at year's end, but that message spoke to the notion that they will look elsewhere. The list is genuine -- it's out there -- and I would say he will not be the new manager unless more promising names turn it down. I personally would like to see Delino Deshields get a shot at it but his name hasn't been brought up.
So there's that. I think they are all clueless.

John, I like Delino Deshields too and I think he has the potential to be a good manager if given the chance.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how things stand as of Monday morning:

Waino has gone back on the 10 day DL for elbow inflamation and Breebia has been called up. Tuesday night will be Wheeler vs. Weaver, who will start in Waino's spot. The rotation will remain on turn, needing a new starter on Saturday at the earliest when Flaherty will be a candidate.

Please let me know if you hear anything differently.
They need to keep going without missing a beat. The Cubs are not going to stay down for long. We've already used up 6 games against the Reds.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to keep going without missing a beat. The Cubs are not going to stay down for long. We've already used up 6 games against the Reds.

Myles, I couldn't have said it any better than you said it. Rizzo has already started hitting again for the Cubs since he came off the DL and I don't think the Brewers are going away either. Fowler and Carpenter have got to start hitting for a better average if we are going to stay in the hunt in the NL Central because our pitching still concerns me very much.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles, I couldn't have said it any better than you said it. Rizzo has already started hitting again for the Cubs since he came off the DL and I don't think the Brewers are going away either. Fowler and Carpenter have got to start hitting for a better average if we are going to stay in the hunt in the NL Central because our pitching still concerns me very much.
Great point with Carpenter and Fowler. Fowler has pretty much failed as a lead off hitter since he got here and Carp is not looking good. Heck, they were having to hit Molina 2nd.

I predicted the Cards to finish .500 this year and not even compete for a wildcard. I'm hoping they overachieve like they have been doing.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds actually showed some life tonight but the crowd was a bit on the thin side. The grandstand wasn't any better.

Capture.JPG

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point with Carpenter and Fowler. Fowler has pretty much failed as a lead off hitter since he got here and Carp is not looking good. Heck, they were having to hit Molina 2nd.

I predicted the Cards to finish .500 this year and not even compete for a wildcard. I'm hoping they overachieve like they have been doing.

Myles, Fowler got on base a lot yesterday but it was with walks and he can't depend on that. He just needs to start swinging the bat better. It's weird how players change during their career. Yadi has always been a great defensive catcher but I remember when he couldn't hit his weight. Now that he's older, he's not only hitting for average but he's hitting with power too. Carpenter is just the opposite. He use to hit for average with no power and now he's hitting way below his weight but shows a little power from time to time. Go figure?

We both hope your prediction will be wrong on the Cardinals finishing .500 but that was not a bad prediction going into the season. Let's hope they overachieve big time!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds actually showed some life tonight but the crowd was a bit on the thin side. The grandstand wasn't any better.

View attachment 178194

John, Like I told you, I'm a big time Reds fan now that they have left St. Louis no matter who they play for quite awhile. What was the official attendance in Cincinnati tonight?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 178194

John, I checked out the box score on the Reds game tonight.

10 runs on 10 hits . . . not bad.

Attendance 9,463 . . . not good.

I'm sure this attendance will pick up if the Reds start winning some games.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, I checked out the box score on the Reds game tonight.

10 runs on 10 hits . . . not bad.

Attendance 9,463 . . . not good.

I'm sure this attendance will pick up if the Reds start winning some games.
If there were 1,500 in the park I would have been surprised. That's murder on the vendors.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were 1,500 in the park I would have been surprised. That's murder on the vendors.

John, It's not only murder on the vendors but it's also murder on the restaurants and hotels in the Cincinnati area because of fans who travel from miles away to see a MLB game.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO ALL OF MY BUDDIES OUT THERE IN THE CARDINAL'S NATION:

Please, all of you, chime in with your thoughts about the following question:

Has Adam Wainwright given us just about all he has to give us who we have all grown to love so much?

I have my thoughts about this question but I want to hear from all of you first with your thoughts.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Waino out to pasture...he's done. Bring up Flaherty. Youth movement is on!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waino has been replacement level for 2+ seasons now.

I like him as a stop gap but I think thats about it. He probably should've been at the bottom of the rotation at the start of the season. I say bring up Flaherty and give him a couple of starts. Have Waino waiting in the wings giving some advice but the reality is that Flaherty is probably should push Waino and his consistent 1.5 WHIP to the bench.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you my friends scouty and Clayton for your input to my question which have been noted but I want to hear from a few more of our Cardinals buddies before I say what I want to say.