• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the best WR Drafts that I can remember ... however we need help in many areas like OL and DL. LT Peters is old and can't stay healthy (50/50 of retiring) ... we don't really have an established LG. RG Brandon Brooks may start the year on IR and C Jason Kelce has hinted at retirement. On the DL we don't know what the team plans are with Jernigan and we're likely to lose DE Graham in free agency.
According to this post, they have too many holes to fill in one off season.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to research which teams have an extra 3rd pick, and would trade a 3rd for Agholor.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can answer that.....Nobody will give 3rd for agholor lol If we even have a trade a partner I would be surprised of anything more than a 6th. He makes a lot of cash so you have to sign him to an extension which would be a pay cut. Would Nelson do that? I doubt it. I wouldn't.... his second contract wont be worth a whole lot unless he has a good year. I don't think teams will trade for him to find out

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the thought I had as I read the tweet. He will go later now and if we are positioned we could get him there. Maybe Edge becomes the 1st round priority now? (I have no clue)
Sounds Sidney Jonesish. He'll go in the early 2nd and redshirt a year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide Receiver is THE #1 priority AND the #2 priority, with running back also in the 2nd round.

If Carson Wentz is going to be the elite QB of the NFL, he NEEDS weapons other than Ertz.
Mack Hollins plays opposite Alshon and we find one of the 50 slot guys that changes teams every year to man the slot. No problem.

We already drafted a pass catcher last year. And because of that Ertz can play plenty from the slot also.

The lines are getting creaky. That needs to be the focus.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not watch as many college games this year as I usually do, so I've been watching tons of game film on this year's class to catch up. I will put out some rankings and write ups soon ... but Bama DL Quinnen Williams and Joey Bosa imo will be elite players. With my wife being an OSU junkie I had seen plenty of Bosa, so I already knew he will be a stud at the next level ... but Quinnen's tape is flat out amazing! Dude gets double teamed all the time and still beats double teams like it's no big deal ... I could only imagine what a nightmare he would be playing next to Fletch Cox! I can't see Williams getting past the first few picks, so there's no point in going much further ... but whomever gets this kid will be one happy team.

By the way, as much as I think Bosa will be a great player at the next level, I think the Cards will pass on him at Rd 1 Pick 1 ... I see everyone Mocking Bosa at 1 to the Cards, but I think he's a 4-3 End period. The Cards with Vance Joseph will run a 3-4 and I see either Q Williams or Josh Allen from Kentucky who covers extremely well or he can be that 3-4 Edge rusher as better fits. Bosa I see going #2 to the Niners.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not watch as many college games this year as I usually do, so I've been watching tons of game film on this year's class to catch up. I will put out some rankings and write ups soon ... but Bama DL Quinnen Williams and Joey Bosa imo will be elite players. With my wife being an OSU junkie I had seen plenty of Bosa, so I already knew he will be a stud at the next level ... but Quinnen's tape is flat out amazing! Dude gets double teamed all the time and still beats double teams like it's no big deal ... I could only imagine what a nightmare he would be playing next to Fletch Cox! I can't see Williams getting past the first few picks, so there's no point in going much further ... but whomever gets this kid will be one happy team.

By the way, as much as I think Bosa will be a great player at the next level, I think the Cards will pass on him at Rd 1 Pick 1 ... I see everyone Mocking Bosa at 1 to the Cards, but I think he's a 4-3 End period. The Cards with Vance Joseph will run a 3-4 and I see either Q Williams or Josh Allen from Kentucky who covers extremely well or he can be that 3-4 Edge rusher as better fits. Bosa I see going #2 to the Niners.
Nick Bosa. Joey is playing for the Chargers.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the thought I had as I read the tweet. He will go later now and if we are positioned we could get him there. Maybe Edge becomes the 1st round priority now? (I have no clue)

I've read a couple of "whispers" that the Birds are going to target a top-flight pass rusher in FA; regardless of if that's true or not, an EDGE guy should always be top priority in an Eagles' draft... despite the injury I don't think Simmons will make it past the 2nd round, could be an interesting decision to make if he still there with 53 or 57.

Should also be interesting with this year's draft process to come to see how a lot of these underclassmen shake out - they can go so many different directions with that 1st pick, and they have some legitimate needs at multiple positions. A lot of quality players around the league have gone in that 25-40 area in the past couple of drafts.

I also like the mid-round depth at the WR position in this draft; if we decide to move on from both Tate and Agholor this could be a good draft to get a couple of guys to grow with Wentz.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a couple of "whispers" that the Birds are going to target a top-flight pass rusher in FA; regardless of if that's true or not, an EDGE guy should always be top priority in an Eagles' draft... despite the injury I don't think Simmons will make it past the 2nd round, could be an interesting decision to make if he still there with 53 or 57.

Should also be interesting with this year's draft process to come to see how a lot of these underclassmen shake out - they can go so many different directions with that 1st pick, and they have some legitimate needs at multiple positions. A lot of quality players around the league have gone in that 25-40 area in the past couple of drafts.

I also like the mid-round depth at the WR position in this draft; if we decide to move on from both Tate and Agholor this could be a good draft to get a couple of guys to grow with Wentz.

Very observant. Free Agency will have a lot to say about there we go in the draft. As Rey and Mall point pointed out, this DK Metcalf is an animal. Hope that he is not a "built like Tarzan, plays like Jane". If he's a beast, and a true #1, he could be a surprise pick in the 1st. I think we'll pick the BPA regardless of position. This draft is turnout out to be loaded at most positions.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf is basically TO ... I highly doubt he will be available at 25. No biggie though, plenty of top WR prospects this year well into the mid rounds.

My call in Rd 1 is OLine. The 3 guys I really like are Cody Ford (RT or G - broke him down earlier in this thread), Andre Dillard (LT - really liked his tape) or Jawaan Taylor (RT or G - has to cut back on holding calls, but aside from that I love him). Would stay away from Greg Little (talented, but lazy on too many plays from the tape I've seen) and also Yodny Cajuste (explanation earlier in this thread).

At DE I really like Brian Burns from FSU ... a bit light, but has a 6'5" frame with long arms. He'll fill out and be a big time player on the edge imo. Even at 235 lbs he has a nice base and doesn't get blown off the ball in the run game ... once he gets up to around 250 he'll be a complete end.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am warming to the idea of Cody Ford, with him maybe starting as a guard and eventually moving to RT for us, with Lane finally sliding to LT.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the deal is with people still wanting to move Lane to LT... he's lights out on the right side and has faced teams top pass rushers from that side the past couple of seasons anyway - why mess with a good thing?

I know it's been "tradition" to put your best blocker on the left side, but DCs move their players around so much nowadays that "your LT has to be better than your RT" is outdated.

Reactions: CSB

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the deal is with people still wanting to move Lane to LT... he's lights out on the right side and has faced teams top pass rushers from that side the past couple of seasons anyway - why mess with a good thing?

I know it's been "tradition" to put your best blocker on the left side, but DCs move their players around so much nowadays that "your LT has to be better than your RT" is outdated.

Correcto!! Lane doesn't want to move to LT, as long as he gets paid among the best OT's in the game.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree ... I think the time to move Lane to LT has come and gone. The time to move them would be straight out of college. You don't mess with a good thing and Lane at RT is a good thing.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ... I think the time to move Lane to LT has come and gone. The time to move them would be straight out of college. You don't mess with a good thing and Lane at RT is a good thing.

RT matters so much more when your right handed QB NEEDS to blind side covered. Wentz has shown to have eyes in the back of his head, and the elusiveness of course.

Combine that with the DCs moving rushers around and Lane staying at LT is absolutely the right move.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only two OT's worthy of the 1st round and both are likely scooped up before the Eagles pick so I think our 1st round pick should be either S, LB or DL. Not keen on going WR in the 1st and probably not RB but I could be swayed if the right player falls.
The 2nd round should be focused on getting a RB, OT/G, DL, WR or LB.
For sure it's BPA.
I am hopeful that they can/will keep Jernigan, Wiz and Darby.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howie will move on from Ajayi, Wis, Jernigan, Darby, and others. I think How will use free agency for a RB, a solid OT, and maybe a safety. That way he will go with BPA. the first 3 picks should be DT, DE, and the BPA (hopefully a RD, WR, and S).

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a monster hole at running back. Our best pass catching back is 35 years old and we don’t have a back that can grind out the tough yards either. Good thing this draft is loaded at RB.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get #38 from Jacksonville for Foles? :hope: