• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Rangers(2) vs. Philadelphia Flyers(3) | ECQF

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A full 82 game season and a 7 games series and we lost by 1 goal. Not to bad for a team without a starting goalie and top 4 defenseman for half the series and a top 9 forward out for the full series. We had a good year. No playoffs last season made the playoffs this season hope we continue to move in the right direction.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok maybe that didn't help...

I'm not even going to respond to this stupidity...believe me bro he'll be getting his in due time. it's all about karma megna knew exactly what he was doing....plus he gave Mase a shot on the way down as well that fucking prick!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even going to respond to this stupidity...believe me bro he'll be getting his in due time. it's all about karma megna knew exactly what he was doing....plus he gave Mase a shot on the way down as well that fucking prick!

But isn't that what you just did?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quick poster poll!

How do you guys want this board to be, should i delete stuff like this or allow it as 'fun' banter?

You have until 3pm EST to vote :)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick poster poll!

How do you guys want this board to be, should i delete stuff like this or allow it as 'fun' banter?

I don't mean to go there but I Don 't believe Jayson Megna meant to injure Steve Mason. I don't believe he should've done that to MacDonald & I feel bad that Mason got hurt but there's no way he planned to give Mason whiplash by knocking MacDonald into Mason. I just don't buy it. Sorry if my comment was offensive tho. I just think Flyer nation is blowing what Megna did out of proportion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick poster poll!

I vote no deletion is required.

PS Menga will get his hopefully sooner than later.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for my post, if you guys want it deleted no objection from me.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry for my language but you obviously touched a nerve. I have no problem discussing stuff like this with any fan as you'd like to get through to them in some way shape or form.

Doob's maybe megna didn't mean to concuss or seriously injure Mase but it doesn't mean his actions were right. The players know that if they push their opponent into the goalie it doesn't look that bad and they may just get away with it...here in lays the problem as this tactic is not only dirty but it's well thought out.

Do we really want this in the game with more and more goalies being injured? Of course not! I understand your defense it's typical of pen fans to feel like their innocent pens can't do no wrong even with players such as cooke neal orpik etc at one point on their team who are well known pricks but not only is the tactic gaining steam a young guy like megna is trying to earn respect on his team. It makes sense for him to try this and the smoking gun is when he glanced off pushing Mac he lunged at Mase with a cross check to his head. Follow the replay and tell me that he wasn't trying to finish this off by connecting with the goalie.

Your answer will tell us either you are brainwashed with penguins in your head and in complete denial or just not capable of fully understanding hockey and what goes on in a players mind. I've played hockey so this all makes sense to me have you?

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for my language but you obviously touched a nerve. I have no problem discussing stuff like this with any fan as you'd like to get through to them in some way shape or form.

Doob's maybe megna didn't mean to concuss or seriously injure Mase but it doesn't mean his actions were right. The players know that if they push their opponent into the goalie it doesn't look that bad and they may just get away with it...here in lays the problem as this tactic is not only dirty but it's well thought out.

Do we really want this in the game with more and more goalies being injured? Of course not! I understand your defense it's typical of pen fans to feel like their innocent pens can't do no wrong even with players such as cooke neal orpik etc at one point on their team who are well known pricks but not only is the tactic gaining steam a young guy like megna is trying to earn respect on his team. It makes sense for him to try this and the smoking gun is when he glanced off pushing Mac he lunged at Mase with a cross check to his head. Follow the replay and tell me that he wasn't trying to finish this off by connecting with the goalie.

Your answer will tell us either you are brainwashed with penguins in your head and in complete denial or just not capable of fully understanding hockey and what goes on in a players mind. I've played have you?

I agree that there's no place for that in the game . Megna was no doubt in the wrong for what he did. I just think that the target of his aggression was MacDonald not Mason. Not that the aggression against MacDonald was justified but I don't think he was even thinking about Mason when he did that. Like I said before don't blame you for being upset about it, I would be too if the roles were reversed.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would understand your point Doobs but you are assuming a lot especially when I've seen this tactic happen more and more around the league. You don't think that the players have shot the shit about this in the locker room? Hey megs just push the dman into the goalie if you get a chance no worries you won't get caught....happens all the time but some players take things a little too far. Guaranteed megna took it too far otherwise why did he lunge at Mase's head on the way down???

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really take that nudge at Mason or MacDonald?

hi-res-9ee940f4da9ab955f2f920c0c625cf21_crop_north.jpg

Not saying he didn't take a nudge at Mason (I can't find the video of the incident) but everything I recall the aggression seems to be geared towards MacDonald (not that it makes thing right of course ).

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to see the video because the tool keeps dropping the cross check all the way down into Mase which snaps him back. If he wasn't trying to injure he would have let up before this. You must also be the defense attorney for Charles Manson...and believe that he's innocent...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to see the video because the tool keeps dropping the cross check all the way down into Mase which snaps him back. If he wasn't trying to injure he would have let up before this. You must also be the defense attorney for Charles Manson...and believe that he's innocent...

Okay, found the video, there's no way Megna planned to injure Mason. Sid was centering the puck, Megna was going towards the net, MacDonald got in the way, Megna gets tangled with MacDonald and gives him a cross check, & MacDonald falls into Mason: Steve Mason injury Video - NHL VideoCenter

Play happens way too fast for Megna to have planned it and I don't see any extra shot given by Megna after Mason went down.

Not a dirty play, just a slight scuffle in front of the net, if even that.

I 'll admit Megna should've kept the stick down but other than that you see that sort of stuff happen all the time on hockey.

I feel bad that Mason got injured but that's not premeditated at all.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that him and crosby didn't plan this play at center but megna was obviously driving the net hard with his stick in a cross checking position. He didn't even go for the puck like most players would have he was completely content on driving Mac into Mase. Once Mac was falling he could have let up but he decided at that instant to keep cross checking both players to the ground. By doing so his stick slid off Mac and onto Mase creating more of a whiplash effect. It was clearer on my dvr as I could slow it down. Face it the tool was doing everything he could once in that position to finish both players...especially the goalie as that has been the hottest trend of late.

You don't need to defend that the pens are one of the dirtiest teams around everyone knows it. By the way glass was also running around taking liberties that game so the message was out from your coach to do some damage as the game didn't matter to them and guys like megna were completely expendable....dirty pricks you should be ashamed of your team for this not defending them.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and on the main board there are a couple of idiot pen fans trying to say that Mase wouldn't have made a difference if he played the whole series??? You know how idiotic you guys make your fanbase sound with comments like that...this is why the pens are one of my most hated teams mainly due to the lunacy from its fans and arrogance of its team starting with the captain...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and on the main board there are a couple of idiot pen fans trying to say that Mase wouldn't have made a difference if he played the whole series??? You know how idiotic you guys make your fanbase sound with comments like that...this is why the pens are one of my most hated teams mainly due to the lunacy from its fans and arrogance of its team starting with the captain...

Even I mentioned that with Mase in net, it could have been different. I think that's rather obvious, Mason is a better goalie than Emery.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Triple F knowing they are Pens fans that should automatically tell you they are idiotic. They are so happy they aren't playing us that they can just say silly stuff just to be heard. We have Mase and they have Fleury ill take that any day.