• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the final buzzer went off I stood up to cheer this team who played with the heart of a lion for the last three months and made this seemingly lost season turn into a very positive year. Now this team has got it started lets hope next years team follows their example of work ethic. Everyone from top to bottom went to war with a bigger and stronger opponent and nobody backed down. To this years team :clap:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the final buzzer went off I stood up to cheer this team who played with the heart of a lion for the last three months and made this seemingly lost season turn into a very positive year. Now this team has got it started lets hope next years team follows their example of work ethic. Everyone from top to bottom went to war with a bigger and stronger opponent and nobody backed down. To this years team :clap:
Amen.. Now it's time for the NFL Draft. I may be buying a Carson Wentz jersey soon, assuming your Rams take "small hands" Goff?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense as the PP was a top unit in the past same players except they added Ghost who has helped it??? G and especially Jake cooled off and that I guess was the biggest problem.
I thought our PP which almost all plays run through Gee was bad because it looked like Gee was playing hurt. We create a lot of PP pressure off his face off wins which he didn't do very well on the PP he also didn't shoot that much even when he had the opportunity. I could swear the one time he did shoot he was wincing which I would think he hurt his back somewhere along the line.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Goff he's a Cali kid.
I agree. He is NFL ready and can start from day 1. Wentz has the higher ceiling and has the benefit to sit a couple of years like Aaron Rogers did in GB.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No regrets or excuses. Obviously not enough offense, but to lose 0-1 in game six after having scored only six goals throughout the entire series is pretty unreal. It is a testament to the heart and soul of this team, how well we played defensively top to bottom and Neuvy being a human brick wall in net.

You absolutely have to wonder how we would have fared if Neuvy had started every game, our power play ever got it going or we had played Florida instead.

However, I don't think it matters right now because I feel like the fucking Pens are going to roll whoever they play in round two. Did they not already fire a coach and win a Cup in the same year? Now they look poised to do it again. This shit is unreal...Lol

I have to close by saying that Ed Snider would be proud of the heart and soul of this team. The speed and skill will catch up here soon and watch out when it does.

Valiant effort

Pleased as hell with the performances of Neuvy,Gagner,and espescially White in this series.

I think Giroux was gassed out towards the end of 2nd,and espescially the 3rd.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought our PP which almost all plays run through Gee was bad because it looked like Gee was playing hurt. We create a lot of PP pressure off his face off wins which he didn't do very well on the PP he also didn't shoot that much even when he had the opportunity. I could swear the one time he did shoot he was wincing which I would think he hurt his back somewhere along the line.
Something seemed wrong but he didn't have enough support from the team. Where were Jake, Simmer, Schenn, etc on the score sheet? All G's fault? Perhaps losing Couts and focusing on D hurt them all but D kept them in this. Depth in my opinion hurt them just need to get better especially guys like Read. 4th line was good but you need a few goals from every line.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Schenn gets three games for what I thought looked like a rather harmless hit on Oshie in game six. In fact, he may have hurt himself against the boards more than he did Oshie.

The fucking Nhl hates the Flyers...Lol

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Schenn gets three games for what I thought looked like a rather harmless hit on Oshie in game six. In fact, he may have hurt himself against the boards more than he did Oshie.

Was that it? Seriously? Wow...yes the NHL hates Philly no doubt about it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is rich. Going after Schenn for that hit on Oshie while they let so many other examples just slide right on by. What a flippin' joke Gary Bettman and the NHL are!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something seemed wrong but he didn't have enough support from the team. Where were Jake, Simmer, Schenn, etc on the score sheet? All G's fault? Perhaps losing Couts and focusing on D hurt them all but D kept them in this. Depth in my opinion hurt them just need to get better especially guys like Read. 4th line was good but you need a few goals from every line.
This!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is total BS. Bettman should be ashamed. I would love to have seen if there was a suspension for game 7 if we won. They should take a look at Ovi running around trying his hardest to put a guy out of the game.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the #8 seed makes #1 play their A+ game to win the series, you have to applaud.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is total BS. Bettman should be ashamed. I would love to have seen if there was a suspension for game 7 if we won. They should take a look at Ovi running around trying his hardest to put a guy out of the game.
I'm absolutely shocked unless they were trying to get him on the previous cross check too???

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea me too FlyerFinFan. Bettman is the epitome of a horse's ass. It boggles the imagination what reality Bettman lives in.