• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Jersey Devils Ongoing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd do it in a minute for a 2nd
No way he's going to go that low.

People are saying that the Flyers are offering Travis Sanheim +... That's way higher than a second. We would need to give them Severson at a minimum.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
let them have him for that price then. philly isn't a city or club that could handle a reclaim project that yakopov is going to be he will instantly fail there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

man telling me the devils couldn't offer that up? i know it takes two to tango but damn hes got some good stats while being on a stacked chicago team but he would definitely be top 4 talent wise on the devils

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he's going to go that low.

People are saying that the Flyers are offering Travis Sanheim +... That's way higher than a second. We would need to give them Severson at a minimum.
Cam Fowler may be interesting. Another New Jersey boy. Addresses a need, Anaheim still has to address cap issues. He's rumored as being shopped around. The Devils have also gained a lot of depth at forward. Do you guys have any thoughts about taking a shot at Fowler? Shero said he was comfortable with what we have. But he's also worked a lot of magic

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depth is getting a bit crowded for sure....

maybe close your eyes n move a guy up front for a defensive player who's average to good.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fowler fits this team perfectly the way they are going. young has speed and a two way game. yeah his defense isn't that great and his offense didn't develop as high as it was suppose to.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the x factor on him being a jersey kid and looking at how that helped palmari? change of scenery might just be what cam needs. i would make the move personally.

i dont think the devils make anymore moves though. they will just play the season out and maybe look to make a move at the deadline

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fowler fits this team perfectly the way they are going. young has speed and a two way game. yeah his defense isn't that great and his offense didn't develop as high as it was suppose to.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the x factor on him being a jersey kid and looking at how that helped palmari? change of scenery might just be what cam needs. i would make the move personally.

i dont think the devils make anymore moves though. they will just play the season out and maybe look to make a move at the deadline
I don't see them making another move. But it's definite a very intriguing scenario. Jersey kid, Aneheim has to work their cap down. Shero has a history dealing with Aneheim. And Fowler does fill a and could use a change of scenery.

Like calamity said depth is becoming crowded amongst forwards.The Devils are now looking at a core groups of forwards of Hall,Henrique,Cammy,Palmieri,DSP,Zajac. A mix of youth thats now NHL ready low risk gambles and short term plugs. Zach,Kalinin,Fiddler,Bennett,JJ,Blandisi and possibly JQ. Boucher is an option and I wouldnt count Elias out for one more year,It seems they are waiting on the progress of his knee before making a decision. and they have a Talent pool in the wings that may not be very far off in Mcleod,Bastian,Gignac.Johnson and Bratt.

They also have a few defensive defensemen in the system who are developing at a rapid rate. Santina and Jacobs look as solid as it gets. Gormley is a wild card great low risk high ceiling pick up. Personally I think a move on a guy like Fowler ma be the missing piece. If they can get him at the price of a young forward like JQ or Blandisi would you take the trade?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see what we have first before we make a move.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Fowler may be interesting. Another New Jersey boy. Addresses a need, Anaheim still has to address cap issues. He's rumored as being shopped around. The Devils have also gained a lot of depth at forward. Do you guys have any thoughts about taking a shot at Fowler? Shero said he was comfortable with what we have. But he's also worked a lot of magic
Realistically what else is he gonna say publicly? I not confident all those young guys can do ii...I gotta make a move? It's one thing to hope one young D can really step up, we're hopping 2 or 3 can.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically what else is he gonna say publicly? I not confident all those young guys can do ii...I gotta make a move? It's one thing to hope one young D can really step up, we're hopping 2 or 3 can.
I actually like Sversons chances. Santina is looking like an extremely viable defensive defenseman. You also have to factor in what may be the best goaltender in the league. And A lot of speed and skill in the forward corps now. The counterpunch should help the defense quite a bit. I have to give Shero credit. I'm extremely excited with the direction he has brought this team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty has a good point about waiting to see what we have.

But I, too, feel like if we could make a move, nothing flashy, now for a Dman, close your eyes and do it.

We can't keep every forward and i've come to accept that! haha

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this all depends on the asking price. He may be better than what we have but is he a prospect/pick better than what we have? I'm not sure yet, which is why I would like to see where we're at during training camp/pre season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty has a good point about waiting to see what we have.

But I, too, feel like if we could make a move, nothing flashy, now for a Dman, close your eyes and do it.

We can't keep every forward and i've come to accept that! haha
I agree with nasty too. And I'm really curious how guys like Bennet and Gormley react to the changes of scenery. Both were highly touted prospects. Bennett's main issue being injuries and Gormley was a number 13 pick that just never panned out. Shero picked both up at a discount and they do have a possibility of high reward. While there are some possibilities. Hero has put the team in a great position. And a position where he holds the cards. He could make a deal if it's in our favor. He could just play what we have and I'm happy. The Hall trade and his draft may have overshadowed some other moves that hold major potential. And he could address defense in the next draft. Really with what has been done already we're set up for an amazing future. I did not expect the rebuild to be this accelerated. Ive got to give the devils a lot of credit.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this all depends on the asking price. He may be better than what we have but is he a prospect/pick better than what we have? I'm not sure yet, which is why I would like to see where we're at during training camp/pre season.
I'm not sure if you guys use periscope. But the clips that were released of Mcleod were extremely impressive. Santini and JQ looked great. Blackwood will be solid in the future. The clips of Bastian between periscope and twitter are looking a lot like he may be a major steal. Gingko's skill set is unreal with a full year and the additional ice time he will be receiving this upcoming season he's got the tools. And Bratt caught me off guard if developed he's going to be a major surprise. Our drafts picks have been solid and thats not including Zacha who was held out and expected to play with the team this year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
heres the thing with my thinking.

like mentioned before our forward group is getting pretty crowded its a lot better then it was last year but its not there quite yet.

i'm all for keeping the team the way it is and playing it out see what happens i think realistic we can make the playoffs currently and maybe cory can steal a series but i dont think we have a shot at the cup yet.

why not see if the ducks would do a camalari plus a middle pick for fowler? ducks should make the playoffs and you always need goal scoring in the playoffs. both teams come out with filling needs.

but dont we need camalari goal scoring here? of course but at what price? hes what? 32? injury prone and really isn't in the future of this team. but telling me a young 2 way d man isn't? plus we use the open forward slot to put a kid in it and see what they can do. camalari isn't on this team in two years time so why not try to get a piece for him?

then make a run next year i say

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres the thing with my thinking.

like mentioned before our forward group is getting pretty crowded its a lot better then it was last year but its not there quite yet.

i'm all for keeping the team the way it is and playing it out see what happens i think realistic we can make the playoffs currently and maybe cory can steal a series but i dont think we have a shot at the cup yet.

why not see if the ducks would do a camalari plus a middle pick for fowler? ducks should make the playoffs and you always need goal scoring in the playoffs. both teams come out with filling needs.

but dont we need camalari goal scoring here? of course but at what price? hes what? 32? injury prone and really isn't in the future of this team. but telling me a young 2 way d man isn't? plus we use the open forward slot to put a kid in it and see what they can do. camalari isn't on this team in two years time so why not try to get a piece for him?

then make a run next year i say
I would take that trade Shero may be able to pull another card from his sleeve and get him cheaper too tho. On another note do you guys think we need a more updated team banner?I could make one if you want one and give input on players etc...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm down for a new banner. Last time we had kovy and Parise on and look what happened so maybe stick to something more team sentric. Last thing I want to see is hall retire

Status
Not open for further replies.