• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why, but I get the heebie jeebies thinking about us drafting him. I just dont like him, has bust written all over him. Stroud, Levis and a few others are all way above him in my opinion
I don't think there's a CFB QB that has the football IQ or calm demeanor that Bryce does.

Levis displays the strong arm, but his knucklehead plays a dozen times a game gives me extreme pause. IDK.

We all see things differently.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why, but I get the heebie jeebies thinking about us drafting him. I just dont like him, has bust written all over him. Stroud, Levis and a few others are all way above him in my opinion

I don't think you'll see this type of play from Levis.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wont see it from Bryce in pros either, shorter and smaller frame than kyler murray. I just dont think his game transitions well

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is looking like the Lions are not going to be getting their pick of the top 3 QB's. Will Anderson is likely off the table as well.

Would love a draft of Myles Murphy and Joey Porter.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are at half a year, but it is looking like the Lions have 3 long term starters and a 4th long term player on defense in this draft, that is a huge win. Hutch, Pascal, and Joseph look like long term staples. Rodrigo is a solid rotation, with the opportunity to be more if he figures out the coverage part of his job.

I hope we can get more drafts like this in future years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont see it from Bryce in pros either, shorter and smaller frame than kyler murray. I just dont think his game transitions well

Kyler Murray measured in at his NFL combine at exactly 5' 10". We'll see what Young's height is at the combine. He surely isn't shorter than Murray.

Bryce assuredly isn't as thickly built as Murry, nor does Bryce have Murray's speed, twitch or explosive ability to escape the pocket, but Bryce's uncanny ability to not let any mistake created by himself or his receivers or his O-line is not a trait that Murray possesses every single down.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is looking like the Lions are not going to be getting their pick of the top 3 QB's. Will Anderson is likely off the table as well.

Would love a draft of Myles Murphy and Joey Porter.

I think you can add Tyree Wilson or even Isaiah Foskey as possibilities with your choice of Murphy.

I do like Porter a lot and is my overall preferred choice at CB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are at half a year, but it is looking like the Lions have 3 long term starters and a 4th long term player on defense in this draft, that is a huge win. Hutch, Pascal, and Joseph look like long term staples. Rodrigo is a solid rotation, with the opportunity to be more if he figures out the coverage part of his job.

I hope we can get more drafts like this in future years.

I wouldn't be down on Rodriguez so much. Making the transition from CFB to NFL is a huge ordeal to undertake and then you add in where Rodriguez was drafted. I'm fine with where he's at even though you're correct in that he needs to figure out how to be better at coverages and even some of his miscues in run fit assignments.

Having Rodriguez is so much better than what we witnessed with Jared Davis for 4 years and Rodriguez has played beyond expectations for a late day 3 pick.

Now, if Barnes can elevate his play and show signs of progressing to possible starter level would be a huge bonus.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be down on Rodriguez so much. Making the transition from CFB to NFL is a huge ordeal to undertake and then you add in where Rodriguez was drafted. I'm fine with where he's at even though you're correct in that he needs to figure out how to be better at coverages and even some of his miscues in run fit assignments.

Having Rodriguez is so much better than what we witnessed with Jared Davis for 4 years and Rodriguez has played beyond expectations for a late day 3 pick.

Now, if Barnes can elevate his play and show signs of progressing to possible starter level would be a huge bonus.
I am thrilled with Rodriguez, I think he has earned a place on the team for years to come. He is just one very big gap in his game from making him an every down player, I hope he gets that part worked out.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Rams be having buyer's remorse already or is it more in line that they won a Superbowl, and all is good.

McVay is already whining.

How much has not having 1st round draft picks hurt that team for not acquiring a better O-Line to protect Stafford. I know Whitworth retired but that O-Line is in shambles.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Rams be having buyer's remorse already or is it more in line that they won a Superbowl, and all is good.

McVay is already whining.

How much has not having 1st round draft picks hurt that team for not acquiring a better O-Line to protect Stafford. I know Whitworth retired but that O-Line is in shambles.
They got the ring, I can't imagine they could ever have regrets. I think they probably wish they spent the offseason taking the oline more seriously. I would give way more than 2 1sts if it would bring the lions a championship though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thrilled with Rodriguez, I think he has earned a place on the team for years to come. He is just one very big gap in his game from making him an every down player, I hope he gets that part worked out.

You're not going to like my following statement, but I sincerely think Anzalone should be brought back one more year. You, me and others can hate his play at times, but he is needed to help mentor Rodriguez and Barnes. I still believe Lions need to invest in a MIKE this next draft.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not going to like my following statement, but I sincerely think Anzalone should be brought back one more year. You, me and others can hate his play at times, but he is needed to help mentor Rodriguez and Barnes. I still believe Lions need to invest in a MIKE this next draft.
As long as he is not teaching tackling technique...still no, fuck that guy.

Edit: Mostly because I don't believe the coaching staff can view him objectively and move him to the bench, where he can be a mentor and not ruin sundays.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray measured in at his NFL combine at exactly 5' 10". We'll see what Young's height is at the combine. He surely isn't shorter than Murray.

Bryce assuredly isn't as thickly built as Murry, nor does Bryce have Murray's speed, twitch or explosive ability to escape the pocket, but Bryce's uncanny ability to not let any mistake created by himself or his receivers or his O-line is not a trait that Murray possesses every single down.
I get your points, but NFL is just best of the best. Everyone is bigger, faster and stronger and I think alot of what you mentioned is rendered moot at the massive uptick in overall talent

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the ring, I can't imagine they could ever have regrets. I think they probably wish they spent the offseason taking the oline more seriously. I would give way more than 2 1sts if it would bring the lions a championship though.

So, in essence, it's quite conceivable or possible that that's all they get out of the Stafford trade, it's good enough to win once and maybe nothing after that? I would want to make damn sure I do whatever it takes to secure a really good O-Line to protect that expense of losing picks.

I think Snead and McVay both thought and expected more than what they're seeing play out currently.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in essence, it's quite conceivable or possible that that's all they get out of the Stafford trade, it's good enough to win once and maybe nothing after that? I would want to make damn sure I do whatever it takes to secure a really good O-Line to protect that expense of losing picks.

I think Snead and McVay both thought and expected more than what they're seeing play out currently.
I think they thought they had a solid line across the board, but what they had was a terrible line propped up by a HoF on the blindside.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your points, but NFL is just best of the best. Everyone is bigger, faster and stronger and I think alot of what you mentioned is rendered moot at the massive uptick in overall talent

Fair enough.

Btw, I long had considered Bryce's less than stellar physical attributes in the height department a difficult to accept aspect, but player's like Levis are merely looked at as Toolsie projects who have the height, weight and strong arm but highly inaccurate and inefficient at throwing catchable balls.

Many GM's, OC's and QB coaches are arrogant enough thinking that all they need is the opportunity to teach Levis the intricacies of being an NFL QB and all will be good.

Maybe Levis becomes a good QB in time, but I surely don't see it as much as you don't see it with Bryce. Bryce's biggest and mostly likely deficit is height and weight. Levis has nothing to offer that is better than Bryce other than height, weight, in my opinion only.

I still wouldn't draft Bryce for the Lions, but I could see another team willing to give it a chance.

I also believe Bryce is going to drop beyond the top 10 drafted.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they thought they had a solid line across the board, but what they had was a terrible line propped up by a HoF on the blindside.

I think the point that I'll try to make regarding the Rams decisions and what I'd like to see from Holmes, is to make as sure as possible that your team is mostly secured in all other positions before you take on a QB so that you have a run of multiple years in making the playoffs.

I doubt they anticipated Whitworth's retirement, but they've screwed themselves long-term giving away inexpensive draft picks to purchase veteran players in what may very well end up being a one and done. The Rams are cap deficient and not much to work with when it comes to adding players through the draft.

Hell, they are already trying to trade, if not being forced to release, their 2021 RB in Cam Akers.

I want to see Holmes continue to build the defense through this upcoming draft and if a possible QB exists late day 2 on a QB try that route.