• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hip drop tackle end several player seasons yearly. It should be banned

From what I've seen with the way its worded (well, based on what they said it was gonna be a couple days ago, haven't seen the official), its gonna be hell to enforce. You could make the case that any tackle from behind or the side qualifies. There's a lot of basic tackles that are gonna get flagged.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen with the way its worded (well, based on what they said it was gonna be a couple days ago, haven't seen the official), its gonna be hell to enforce. You could make the case that any tackle from behind or the side qualifies. There's a lot of basic tackles that are gonna get flagged.

Because it is just a basic tackle

Every single rule change the nfl does like this is a disaster

Without exception

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. But the problem is convincing those 18 year olds. We've seen egos destroy veteran locker rooms in the NBA, I'd expect that it would be even more likely to happen with 18 year olds.

Having said that...end of the day, he's paid to win at Kentucky, not get his players to the NBA. To do that, he's going to have to at least start stepping on some egos.

I question who is giving these kids advice (in football too). If they are all going to a few teams, they have to know that some of them aren't going to get starter's minutes. I'm not a big fan of what the transfer portal has become (especially when it opens right before the tournaments; Syracuse bowed out of the NIT because they lost 2 key players immediately from what essentially was a 6 player rotation), but you would think some of these kids would transfer out. I guess they're more focused on going pro ASAP than actually getting the experience to be ready for the next level.