• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred, you get tied up in your underwear trying to build up Minnesota. The reason they don't get a good bowl game is that sponsors know that few people other than you care to watch Minnesota in January (or go there for that matter).
That's actually a myth for the most part.

Minnesotans can't hardly go to a January Bowl game if they aren't invited to one. The # of Minnesotans/Gopher fans who would go to a January Bowl game if they got invited to one are large in number. Minnesotans are a practical bunch, send the Gophers to a bowl game in Detroit and then claim a ton of Gopher fans don't give a shit about the team or following them is ridiculous.

In December there are Gopher BB games, both men's and women's games, and Gopher hockey games, both men's and women's games, possibly Gopher VB games, and Wrestling has already started up, not to mention Vikings games, Wild and T-Pups games as well, all going on at the same time period, so unlike the bumpkins in Iowa or Nebraska or Oklahoma who have no or very little in the way of other options of things to do in December, who will go to a bowl game in Detroit, SOME Minnesotans will choose to do something else and skip the trip to detroit and wait until they get invited to somewhere nice. It's cold in Minnesota in December, they'd LOVE for an excuse to go to Phoenix or Florida or Texas and I've heard that lots of fans went to the bowl game in Nashville, too.

The Bowl games they have gone to, for the most part, outside of the Motor City Bowl, the attendance was at least as good as most other schools send to bowl games. Maybe not as good as every team out there might send to a bowl game, but again, that has as much to do with WHERE the bowl game is and who the opponent is.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This aged well, lol.
Minnesota is pathetic. Failed to cover against one of the worst teams in college football.
That ages just fine.
You're like a mother who keeps trying to convince the world that her retarded son is a genius, when in fact, she's just proud of him for putting his underwear on UNDER his pants.

This time...

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred, you get tied up in your underwear trying to build up Minnesota. The reason they don't get a good bowl game is that sponsors know that few people other than you care to watch Minnesota in January (or go there for that matter).
And Minnesota sucks.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesotans can't hardly go to a January Bowl game if they aren't invited to one. The # of Minnesotans/Gopher fans who would go to a January Bowl game if they got invited to one are large in number. Minnesotans are a practical bunch, send the Gophers to a bowl game in Detroit and then claim a ton of Gopher fans don't give a shit about the team or following them is ridiculous.

In December there are Gopher BB games, both men's and women's games, and Gopher hockey games, both men's and women's games, possibly Gopher VB games, and Wrestling has already started up, not to mention Vikings games, Wild and T-Pups games as well, all going on at the same time period, so unlike the bumpkins in Iowa or Nebraska or Oklahoma who have no or very little in the way of other options of things to do in December, who will go to a bowl game in Detroit, SOME Minnesotans will choose to do something else and skip the trip to detroit and wait until they get invited to somewhere nice. It's cold in Minnesota in December, they'd LOVE for an excuse to go to Phoenix or Florida or Texas and I've heard that lots of fans went to the bowl game in Nashville, too.

The Bowl games they have gone to, for the most part, outside of the Motor City Bowl, the attendance was at least as good as most other schools send to bowl games. Maybe not as good as every team out there might send to a bowl game, but again, that has as much to do with WHERE the bowl game is and who the opponent is.
I am referring to TV sponsors.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl games aren't played IN Minnesota in January, lol. So don't think we have to worry about how people feel about going to Minnesota in January.

As for whether or not Minnesotans would care about a bowl game in January? Yah you betcha they'd a wanna go to it, a little vacay in the sun before settling in for a long winter or watch it at their local drinking hole, or at a friend's watch party, sure you know they would you know, golly gee I'd bet my bottom dollar on it yeah for sure.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am referring to TV sponsors.
Plenty of Minnesota alums all over the country, there are more UMn alums out there then almost any other school, seeing as UMn, not too long ago, was the largest university in the world I believe? Been top ten for most of post WW2 history, and most of the state of Minnesota would tune in to the game, too. Mpls-St. Paul is one of the 15-20 largest metropolitan areas in the country yah know, don'tcha.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is pathetic. Failed to cover against one of the worst teams in college football.
That ages just fine.
You're like a mother who keeps trying to convince the world that her retarded son is a genius, when in fact, she's just proud of him for putting his underwear on UNDER his pants.

This time...
They also beat Colorado, MSU, and Rutgers more impressively than anyone else that's played them so far, with only #2 OSU possibly being able to argue otherwise.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too much stupid in one post

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of Minnesota alums all over the country, there are more UMn alums out there then almost any other school, seeing as UMn, not too long ago, was the largest university in the world I believe? Been top ten for most of post WW2 history, and most of the state of Minnesota would tune in to the game, too. Mpls-St. Paul is one of the 15-20 largest metropolitan areas in the country yah know, don'tcha.
Apparently, TV sponsors think even all those alums don't bother to tune in. Except for the peaceful protests (?) in Minneapolis, the city and state don't make the news very often.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl games aren't played IN Minnesota in January, lol. So don't think we have to worry about how people feel about going to Minnesota in January.

As for whether or not Minnesotans would care about a bowl game in January? Yah you betcha they'd a wanna go to it, a little vacay in the sun before settling in for a long winter or watch it at their local drinking hole, or at a friend's watch party, sure you know they would you know, golly gee I'd bet my bottom dollar on it yeah for sure.
I've been to 4 Iowa games at TCF. They can't fill up 50k. Nobody cares

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Largest school in the world, can't sell out against on of their biggest rivals. Dogshit program, with a clown for a coach. But hey....Spam!!!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also beat Colorado, MSU, and Rutgers more impressively than anyone else that's played them so far, with only #2 OSU possibly being able to argue otherwise.
There is notion impressive about beating any of those teams. They are all one level above nebraska.
Minnesota is a shit program.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is notion impressive about beating any of those teams. They are all one level above nebraska.
Minnesota is a shit program.
Nebraska is worse and will probably always be worse because Nebraska is a shit state. What young man in their right mind would want to move there? Mindless neanderthals maybe? Biggest mistake B1G ever made was taking in your pathetic loser bumpkin school.

Dropped the B1G's overall status in academia a notch or two, all in hopes it would deliver some good football, only to help render the B1G West the East's inferior ever since.

I hope the B1G figures out a way to dump Nebraska's sorry asses. Would the the desperate Big 12 even want you back? Although, it does supply the Gopher's an easy win every year. lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Largest school in the world, can't sell out against on of their biggest rivals. Dogshit program, with a clown for a coach. But hey....Spam!!!
WAS...

was the largest in the world. You people struggle with the whole comprehending the difference between past tense and present tense don'tcha?

And yes, SPAM, and the most Fortune 500 companies per Capita in the nation for the state, Twin Cities was the #1 information economy in the world last I checked. UMn was ranked 4th in the nation in producing startup companies.

UMn produces Nobel prize winners, 3rd most in the B1G while Iowa has produced NONE!!! Only B1G school that hasn't, and even worse it hasn't even tried or been smart enough to hire any, either. Or maybe it tries but nobody wants to move to friggin Iowa?

Minnesota produced as many Olympic Gold Medalists in one year as Iowa has in all of it's history.

Oh, and did I mention, Iowa has ZERO recognized Natl Titles in football? lol

Only single digit cfb HOF players.

ZERO top 5 eos finishes since UMn pummeled them in 1960.

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, TV sponsors think even all those alums don't bother to tune in. Except for the peaceful protests (?) in Minneapolis, the city and state don't make the news very often.
Minnesota and Minnesotans and even the U of Mn are rarely the ones who get the press, exception being some of our artists like Prince, but we are far more often than most states, per Capita, the ones creating the news/behind the scenes/in the background/supporting those who do make the news, or just too quiet/humble to seek out attention/credit/fame or glory for what we do/invent/innovate/upgrade.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is worse and will probably always be worse because Nebraska is a shit state. What young man in their right mind would want to move there? Mindless neanderthals maybe? Biggest mistake B1G ever made was taking in your pathetic loser bumpkin school.

Dropped the B1G's overall status in academia a notch or two, all in hopes it would deliver some good football, only to help render the B1G West the East's inferior ever since.

I hope the B1G figures out a way to dump Nebraska's sorry asses. Would the the desperate Big 12 even want you back? Although, it does supply the Gopher's an easy win every year. lol
Minnesota is a shit program with a checkered history.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is a shit program with a checkered history.
"checkered history"?

You mean being the leading college in the civil rights movement?

You mean actually caring about academics, unlike programs/schools like Nebraska?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"checkered history"?

You mean being the leading college in the civil rights movement?

You mean actually caring about academics, unlike programs/schools like Nebraska?
No. I mean killing a player because he was black.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I mean killing a player because he was black.
"Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

You have basically no evidence to back up such an outrageous accusation. ONE single player made that claim while AT LEAST one of his ISU teammates refuted it, claiming UMn players were not at all responsible.

You simply WANT to believe it. Let me guess, you are a Democrat, too, aren't you?