• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Shanahan

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to beat a dead horse, but this made me a little sad for the man.

Absence of buzz for Shanahan may not bode well for the future | ProFootballTalk

He will be fine. There are plenty of other people who have much worse problems. I think this just shows that most teams want to get away from the type of organization where one person serves as basically both the coach & GM. For the most part it doesn't work. This is why - in general - ex-SB winning coaches make lousy second time coaches (i.e. they want too much control for their next job).

Good luck to Shanahan & time to move on. I am also pretty confident that his son still has a very promising future.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks that these threads were combined :bawling:

some good links lost in this mess

Redskins Front Office deserves an ongoing thread until it gets resolved.

When owner Dan Snyder hired Mike & Bruce four years ago they were both given the title of Executive Vice President of Football Operations. As HC Mike was going to coach them up & Bruce was going to balance the numbers as the GM. And finally ... Dan was going let football people run the business.

Four years later and Mike's contract is about to expire and the decision must be made weather or not to renew his contract. But whose decision is that to make ?

What Dan needs now is a 3rd Executive Vice President (EVP) of Football Operations. Dan needs to do what he does best & open his wallet. He should recruit player personnel guru on the level of Ozzie Newsome to oversee the franchise long term personnel decisions & allow Bruce to continue do what he does best which is handle the contracts/salaries. Together, these two EVP should decide if and when a HC contract is renewed.

The way it is set up now Bruce & Mike discuss personell matters ... however Mike has the final word and essentially dictating the direction the franchise is heading. I believe this is too much responsibility for one person. Having 3 EVP provides checks and balances to ensure no one person turns into Caesar.

Dan Snyder should go all in & invest in having the BEST player personnel department in the league. And then step back and continue to let football people guide the franchise in the right direction.

The guys at Ball Hogs discuss this in their podcast ...
[MEDIA=twitter]403368694790623232[/MEDIA]

Ken from Hogs Haven blogs about this topic ...
[MEDIA=twitter]403547865760268289[/MEDIA]

Some views from Mike Lombardi on Mike making personnel decisions ...
[MEDIA=twitter]269132291282960385[/MEDIA]
a transcript of Lombardi's interview ...
[MEDIA=twitter]269108689305223170[/MEDIA]

062110-NFL-Redskins-PI_20100621144558_660_320.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
start a thread if you like but i have gotten away from sticking them

this thread played itself out but i am sure people would like to talk about the FO