• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Predictions...sure to be wrong.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like thats what will win the NFC North.

Which team will field a defense that qualifies as at least mediocre? My gut would say thats the Packers but their fanbase really hates their dcoordinator.

The Lions secondary looks serviceable. No stars but honestly should be decent enough if the Lions front holds. If you see Aidan Hutchinson make the next step and Jack Campbell come in and he legit then you have something.

Vikings D has a decent amount of talent but their secondary looks like one of the most suspect in the league.

Bears D looks like its a year away. Their dline in particular looks maybe the most suspect in the league but the rest of their d has potential to be pretty good.

I can only speak for Packers' fans in this case. He was awful for the first 1/2 of the season. Sitting back in passive zones. They weren't getting enough pressure on the QB and he didn't trust his DBs to cover. Once he decided that he had no choice but to send more than 4 to get pressure on the passer and trust his DBs, things changed for the D.

So, I'm of the opinion that Packers' fans were correct in their assessment of him being a moron and not making the adjustment until it was too late. The Packers have spent most of their high end draft picks on defense and he was scheming like the back end of his D was filled with scrubs that needed the QB to make a mistake instead of pressuring them to make mistakes. It's the NFL, it's weighted to offense, but misusing the talent you have is brain dead in my opinion. The Packers D is not the 85 Bears, but it sure isn't or wasn't the Packers of 1985 either.

At this point, I'm left to find out if he's going to trust the back end of his D this year or sit back like he did the first half of last year. If they're passive, he needs to go. If he mixes it up and puts a little pressure on the back of his D when needed, even if they get burned once in a while, that's fine, but misusing the talent he has on that D is or will be criminal.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like thats what will win the NFC North.

Which team will field a defense that qualifies as at least mediocre? My gut would say thats the Packers but their fanbase really hates their dcoordinator.

The Lions secondary looks serviceable. No stars but honestly should be decent enough if the Lions front holds. If you see Aidan Hutchinson make the next step and Jack Campbell come in and he legit then you have something.

Vikings D has a decent amount of talent but their secondary looks like one of the most suspect in the league.

Bears D looks like its a year away. Their dline in particular looks maybe the most suspect in the league but the rest of their d has potential to be pretty good.

I agree with this assessment on the Pack who should in reality be the favorites. Yes, Joe dinglebarry is heavily despised by most packers fans. It's mainly due to his swiss cheese zone defense. When he put JA on JJ man to man as many of the Pack fans said he should the JJ was shutdown completely and JA became his biological father and the Vikes were worthless on offense. They also have an incredibly weak Safety in Savage who is the Kevin King of S's. IDK if they will replace him with Douglas or what. Also their K is a 6th rounder who is struggling mightly in camp. They need some competition at this position. I have them winning about 10 games this season but if they figure out the S and K position they could win their normal 13 games this year. No they will not trade Baktiari this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this assessment on the Pack who should in reality be the favorites. Yes, Joe dinglebarry is heavily despised by most packers fans. It's mainly due to his swiss cheese zone defense. When he put JA on JJ man to man as many of the Pack fans said he should the JJ was shutdown completely and JA became his biological father and the Vikes were worthless on offense. They also have an incredibly weak Safety in Savage who is the Kevin King of S's. IDK if they will replace him with Douglas or what. Also their K is a 6th rounder who is struggling mightly in camp. They need some competition at this position. I have them winning about 10 games this season but if they figure out the S and K position they could win their normal 13 games this year. No they will not trade Baktiari this year.
I don't know if the Pack are for sure favorites but they are probably the team I'd pick.

Detroit needs to make the playoffs. They're all in on the start of a 'window' with what they've built.

Packers have a team built and need to know if they have a QB. Probably similar to Seattle from last year.

Bears built their offense to see if they have a QB. They're probably assuming they do. They're in the middle of a full-on rebuild but could actually still be pretty frisky on offense.

Vikings likely have the systems they want in place (coaching, GM, etc) but I'd imagine that roster is similar to where the Chargers were at the end of Philip Rivers stint. They have some good pieces but not enough to win a Super Bowl so they'll just reload with value while finding a replacement for their vet QB.

That said, my personal guess is

1 - Green Bay
2 - Detroit
3 - Chicago
4 - Minnesota

If Justin Fields isn't any good then Chicago is the clear worst. I am expecting Jordan Love to be somewhere between QB12 and QB18 in the league. Maybe thats too high but he is an unknown. If he isnt that good then Detroit really should win the division. Aaron Rodgers was only 21st in EPA last year. QBR 26th. That performance really isnt too hard to improve upon.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Pack are for sure favorites but they are probably the team I'd pick.

Detroit needs to make the playoffs. They're all in on the start of a 'window' with what they've built.

Packers have a team built and need to know if they have a QB. Probably similar to Seattle from last year.

Bears built their offense to see if they have a QB. They're probably assuming they do. They're in the middle of a full-on rebuild but could actually still be pretty frisky on offense.

Vikings likely have the systems they want in place (coaching, GM, etc) but I'd imagine that roster is similar to where the Chargers were at the end of Philip Rivers stint. They have some good pieces but not enough to win a Super Bowl so they'll just reload with value while finding a replacement for their vet QB.

That said, my personal guess is

1 - Green Bay
2 - Detroit
3 - Chicago
4 - Minnesota

If Justin Fields isn't any good then Chicago is the clear worst. I am expecting Jordan Love to be somewhere between QB12 and QB18 in the league. Maybe thats too high but he is an unknown. If he isnt that good then Detroit really should win the division. Aaron Rodgers was only 21st in EPA last year. QBR 26th. That performance really isnt too hard to improve upon.

I agree 100% with your NFC North predictions in terms of ranking. I put the Pack as favorites for the division this year due to the fact that Rodgers was one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year and they still almost made the postseason and Detroit needed some weird mental breakdowns by the Packers defense to win along with Rodgers uncharacteristically just floating up 2 easy int's as well. Combine that with the defenses of the Lions, Vikes and Bears all being in the bottom 5 in ppg allowed last year. I just don't see any team making drastic improvements on the defensive side of the ball.

It will be interesting to see what the DC for the Packers in Joe Dingleberry decides to do this year in knowing his job is on the line. Bump and run press coverage seems to work and the zone defense collapses for him every single time to the point of embarrassment. Just watch the first game vs the Vikes last year where nobody literally NOBODY was covering JJ on many of the routes. He simply jogged across the middle of the field for multiple 40+ yard gains. An absolute breakdown of the swiss cheese zone. It didn't help having Savage as the worst safety in the NFL either.

Good take overall, I agree with most of your assessments.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with your NFC North predictions in terms of ranking. I put the Pack as favorites for the division this year due to the fact that Rodgers was one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year and they still almost made the postseason and Detroit needed some weird mental breakdowns by the Packers defense to win along with Rodgers uncharacteristically just floating up 2 easy int's as well. Combine that with the defenses of the Lions, Vikes and Bears all being in the bottom 5 in ppg allowed last year. I just don't see any team making drastic improvements on the defensive side of the ball.

It will be interesting to see what the DC for the Packers in Joe Dingleberry decides to do this year in knowing his job is on the line. Bump and run press coverage seems to work and the zone defense collapses for him every single time to the point of embarrassment. Just watch the first game vs the Vikes last year where nobody literally NOBODY was covering JJ on many of the routes. He simply jogged across the middle of the field for multiple 40+ yard gains. An absolute breakdown of the swiss cheese zone. It didn't help having Savage as the worst safety in the NFL either.

Good take overall, I agree with most of your assessments.
All you have to do is look at Barry’s resume. I remember saying on here when he was hired, it was the worst hire of the offseason. I know because he once coached the redskins defense

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you have to do is look at Barry’s resume. I remember saying on here when he was hired, it was the worst hire of the offseason. I know because he once coached the redskins defense

I did look at his resume and I was incredibly disappointed with the hire. They offered Jim Leonhard originally but he turned down the offer which was a big mistake by him and probably made the defense for the Packers suffer greatly over the last few years. His defense reminds me of Dom Capers which gave me nightmares.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will predict the Pack will win the preseason!!

1692655139757.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if this is where we are posting predictions.

I think the playoffs will be something like:

1) Chiefs
2) Bengals
3) Bills
4) Titans
5) Chargers
6) Browns
7) Dolphins

1) Niners
2) Eagles
3) Packers
4) Panthers
5) Cowboys
6) Seahawks
7) Lions

but the seeds probably wont matter much and be more indicative of unbalanced divisions. The Super Bowl could be anybody but for a silly prediction I'll go Browns over Eagles.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if this is where we are posting predictions.

I think the playoffs will be something like:

1) Chiefs
2) Bengals
3) Bills
4) Titans
5) Chargers
6) Browns
7) Dolphins

1) Niners
2) Eagles
3) Packers
4) Panthers
5) Cowboys
6) Seahawks
7) Lions

but the seeds probably wont matter much and be more indicative of unbalanced divisions. The Super Bowl could be anybody but for a silly prediction I'll go Browns over Eagles.
Good list.

I see the Saints improving quite a bit actually. The Giants might surprise some folks.

You think the Vikings fall off that bad?

AFC looks spot on. I am an NFC guy so was curious about those picks. The NFC picks aren't that off and possible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list.

The Giants might surprise some folks.
If Waller and Barkley play for a full season they make the playoffs. I think you might see a scenario where every team in the NFC East is better than it was last year and it was already a strong division last year.

NFC South feels like a total enigma. Bucs feel like the underdog but the other three seem even.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Waller and Barkley play for a full season they make the playoffs. I think you might see a scenario where every team in the NFC East is better than it was last year and it was already a strong division last year.

NFC South feels like a total enigma. Bucs feel like the underdog but the other three seem even.
Good observation on the East.

I love Daboll as a coach and their GM is smart. Once they beef up that OLine and continue to help Jones, they will be much better

Until WSH gets a coach and an actual GM, not a coach pretending to be one, they will be stuck in neutral.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the south is a toss-up. I'm leaning Saints but it's anybody's guess. Even with Mayfield, the Bucs are in the mix.
I think the AFCS goes to the Jags. Going into year 2 with Pederson should help Lawrence and he has talent around him. Titans will rely too much on Henry and the wear and tear might show toward the end of the season. Vrabel will have them fighting thow.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good observation on the East.

I love Daboll as a coach and their GM is smart. Once they beef up that OLine and continue to help Jones, they will be much better

Until WSH gets a coach and an actual GM, not a coach pretending to be one, they will be stuck in neutral.
Theres a ton of coaching experience on WSH. Rivera/Bienemy/Jack Del Rio as a combo doesn't inspire upside as much as floor. Sam Howell definitely seems like a make or break variable for WSH. Looking at their roster the strengths seem to be at Dline and WR. Weakness seems to be oline. Everything else looks pretty mid. Air it out.

I think the AFCS goes to the Jags. Going into year 2 with Pederson should help Lawrence and he has talent around him. Titans will rely too much on Henry and the wear and tear might show toward the end of the season. Vrabel will have them fighting thow.
I'll admit there is a really good chance that the Titans fall apart again. I think they're pretty much always banged up and if they lose Henry then they pack it in. I just think they have one last run in them before the other three teams take over that division with young QBs.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a ton of coaching experience on WSH. Rivera/Bienemy/Jack Del Rio as a combo doesn't inspire upside as much as floor. Sam Howell definitely seems like a make or break variable for WSH. Looking at their roster the strengths seem to be at Dline and WR. Weakness seems to be oline. Everything else looks pretty mid. Air it out.

I'll admit there is a really good chance that the Titans fall apart again. I think they're pretty much always banged up and if they lose Henry then they pack it in. I just think they have one last run in them before the other three teams take over that division with young QBs.
Good observation on WSH. As a commanders fan, I think you made good points that I agree with.
I agree with the coaching experience. As a chiefs fan, you know about EB, and you know that Reid is the mastermind behind the offense. Hopefully EB took notes.

Rivera is a mediocre coach who hasn't had a winning season in 5 years. That's not good.
In my opinion, Rivera the GM is the problem. He has had total control of the roster for 3 years and finally got to. 500 last year. Hopefully, Harris moves on from him and gets a real GM. Rivera ignoring the OLine is unforgivable to me. Couple that with the terrible Trent williams and carson wentz trades and you have someone who is clearly out of their depth.

I can see Rivera actually securing a winning season as he is due. He averages a winning season every 4 years. He has 3 winning seasons in 12 years. I think the defense will win a few games and Howell might surprise some teams.

I disagree with the bulk of the commander faithful as I believe a losing season is best for the team so they can build a new front office. A winning season might give harris pause. I am not a fan of the coach centric model and believe a new front office is needed for wsh to take that next step.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good observation on WSH. As a commanders fan, I think you made good points that I agree with.
I agree with the coaching experience. As a chiefs fan, you know about EB, and you know that Reid is the mastermind behind the offense. Hopefully EB took notes.

Rivera is a mediocre coach who hasn't had a winning season in 5 years. That's not good.
In my opinion, Rivera the GM is the problem. He has had total control of the roster for 3 years and finally got to. 500 last year. Hopefully, Harris moves on from him and gets a real GM. Rivera ignoring the OLine is unforgivable to me. Couple that with the terrible Trent williams and carson wentz trades and you have someone who is clearly out of their depth.

I can see Rivera actually securing a winning season as he is due. He averages a winning season every 4 years. He has 3 winning seasons in 12 years. I think the defense will win a few games and Howell might surprise some teams.

I disagree with the bulk of the commander faithful as I believe a losing season is best for the team so they can build a new front office. A winning season might give harris pause. I am not a fan of the coach centric model and believe a new front office is needed for wsh to take that next step.
I think the obvious issue with WSH is that they drafted Chase Young at #2. If you have a chance to draft Justin Herbert or Jalen Hurts and dont then it comes back to bite you. You guys took the consensus best player in the draft and it didnt work out. Thats just awful luck.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the obvious issue with WSH is that they drafted Chase Young at #2. If you have a chance to draft Justin Herbert or Jalen Hurts and dont then it comes back to bite you. You guys took the consensus best player in the draft and it didnt work out. Thats just awful luck.
Young was a massive mistake for 2 reasons

One, there was no established QB on the team. Haskins wasnt exactly lighting it up and there were red flags already.
Hurts, Herbert and Tua were there. Herbert would have been ideal. Instead, Rivera added strength to strength and used a 4th consecutive 1st round pick on the DLine.

Two, there were red flags on young as well.
Young has been a bust to this point and appears to be chronically injured.

Rivera made another mistake with Jamin Davis in 2021 with the 1st round pick. Riveras LB approach has been confusing to say the least. Jon Bostic was literally the worst rated MLB in 2020, so Rivera brought him back in 2021.

Rivera depleted the OLine and decides to beef up the secondary with the first 2 picks in the 2023 draft. Forbes and Martin might turn out to be fantastic, but you don't draft back to back CBs or DBs when tour OLine is in shambles.

Rivera's decision making is suspect. He is going on year 4 and has just now identified his QB of the future...allegedly.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list.

I see the Saints improving quite a bit actually. The Giants might surprise some folks.

You think the Vikings fall off that bad?

AFC looks spot on. I am an NFC guy so was curious about those picks. The NFC picks aren't that off and possible.
For some reason people think dumping past their prime veterans is shedding talent.. They cut cook who had very few suitors and everyone here is OMG.

Vikings will win fewer games this year but I don't see them bottoming out. Flores is huge upgrade at DC, we have some good offensive playmakers.

OL is concern and defense isn't going to be fixed , but I suspect it'll out perform last year's defense. I'm worried about stopping run though.

Vikings should be 9-8 or 10-7. If cousins gets hurt though, we're in trouble