• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Predictions...sure to be wrong.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting used to be people getting cute and picking the Lions for the NFCN.

But you went and got super cute by picking the Bears?!?! Now that is going out on a limb.

They are still likely a terrible football team. Making progress. But still not there.
I think, personally, your Vikings have the best shot. Prolly an 11 or 12 win team. The Cook thing is still weird.

I could be cool with 9-8 for the Lions, but if things go right for them down the stretch, like last year, they could win 11 or 12 too. Not saying I’m planning for Goff to not turn the ball over for months again, but they’ve shown and made additions that lead me to believe they can finish the season strong.

I don’t know what to think of GB. Love is far from a rookie and they should’ve made the playoffs last year. Can’t count them
Out of the division. Can’t do it.

Just dont see it for Chicago. They were legit one of the worst teams in football last year. Moore and Foreman plus a year of growth for players people believe in, it’s not enough for me. If December gets here and their season isn’t over, they’ve made strides as a team. Seriously.

It’s an open division

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND still wanna talk anything Dallas.

If only eagle fans were more like NYG fans and not redskin fans.
I never talk Dallas.

But I’m game.

What’s your take on the offense post Zeke? Or more importantly post NoodleArm(you guys only had him as a coach, I had to see him play QB) Linehan’s golden boy, Kellen Moore?

How good is the coaching swap out for Dak?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, personally, your Vikings have the best shot. Prolly an 11 or 12 win team. The Cook thing is still weird.

I could be cool with 9-8 for the Lions, but if things go right for them down the stretch, like last year, they could win 11 or 12 too. Not saying I’m planning for Goff to not turn the ball over for months again, but they’ve shown and made additions that lead me to believe they can finish the season strong.

I don’t know what to think of GB. Love is far from a rookie and they should’ve made the playoffs last year. Can’t count them

Just dont see it for Chicago. They were legit one of the worst teams in football last year. Moore and Foreman plus a year of growth for players people believe in, it’s not enough for me. If December gets here and their season isn’t over, they’ve made strides as a team. Seriously.

It’s an open division

As much as I don't want to kick them when they're down, it's the Bears, so F them. When I read their depth chart on D, their 2 starting OLBs are from Wisconsin. While UW has produced some very good football players, you don't really want the also rans starting for your D in the NFL. (I'll quietly mention that Fields 3/3 with 2 TDs came with negative air yards on Sat, too)

For all I know, every team in this division could win as few as 2 and as many as 12 games. While I don't know who wins how many, not a damn thing would shock me from any of those teams. I really don't know what to expect from any of them. Too many unknowns, will the Vikings win a bunch of one score games again??? will the Lions be able to continue to build off the solid close out of last season??? will the Bears actually go back to being the Bears instead of trying to be the Manning led Colts??? will the Packers actually trust their players on D instead of playing passive zone??? Is Love or Fields the answer??? Did the Lions fill their holes on D??? Did the Vikings fix their secondary??? Too many questions to be answered for me to even think about, plus it's the NFL and crazy stupid shit happens game by game, week by week and year by year, so this year I'm just going to enjoy the ride, laugh when I need to laugh, cry when I need to cry and see where the chips fall. Heck, I might even get back to playing FF.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record breaking year for the Eagles, 10 first team All Pros, 700 points scored, 100 points allowed, 20-0 record with a 50+ blow out Super Bowl win. All debates about greatest team will be put to be rest. Yet, still Eagles fans will persist on that the Eagles are not getting enough respect.
One Eagles fan, bro. One Eagles fan.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never talk Dallas.

But I’m game.

What’s your take on the offense post Zeke? Or more importantly post NoodleArm(you guys only had him as a coach, I had to see him play QB) Linehan’s golden boy, Kellen Moore?

How good is the coaching swap out for Dak?
Well....Dak and McCarthy are both on the hot seat. I expect both will be up to the challenge. Moore is an impressive offensive mind, and I think both teams will be better offensively this year.

Moore needs to understand wins thump stats. I think he'll get there.

The story in Dallas should be their defense. IF so...Dak & McCarthy will be fine.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s an open division
I don't get how the Vikings are supposed to be good. They had one of the flukiest seasons of all-time last year - Their ability to win games that they shouldn't have won or at least win games that were 50/50 was unparalleled. That normally means a regression is coming. And they seem to be making changes to their roster that suggest a youth movement or possibly a full-scale rebuild if they move on from Cousins after this season. That said, maybe there is talent there that I don't know about because the talking heads stick with the easiest story (in this case obvious regression) and I don't watch enough NFC-N.

If the Lions didn't carry the baggage of being the Lions, I think everyone would just assume they are the obvious choice for the division. I just don't think people are comfortable with the idea of the Lions being good.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how the Vikings are supposed to be good. They had one of the flukiest seasons of all-time last year - Their ability to win games that they shouldn't have won or at least win games that were 50/50 was unparalleled. That normally means a regression is coming. And they seem to be making changes to their roster that suggest a youth movement or possibly a full-scale rebuild if they move on from Cousins after this season. That said, maybe there is talent there that I don't know about because the talking heads stick with the easiest story (in this case obvious regression) and I don't watch enough NFC-N.

If the Lions didn't carry the baggage of being the Lions, I think everyone would just assume they are the obvious choice for the division. I just don't think people are comfortable with the idea of the Lions being good.
My prediction on wins for MN is less than they won last year. Other than cutting Cook, I’m not sure what this youth movement is. Everybody drafts rookies.

The Lions defense was brutal last year. They’ve added talent, but improving to mediocre would be a huge step forward.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC EastAFC NorthAFC SouthAFC West
BUF (12-5)CIN (12-5)JAX (11-6)KC (14-3)
NYJ (9-8)x-PIT (10-7)TEN (7-10)x-LAC (11-6)
MIA (8-9)x-BAL (10-7)IND (5-12)DEN (7-10)
NE (7-10)CLE (7-10) HOU (4-13)LV (6-11)

NFC EastNFC NorthNFC SouthNFC West
PHI (13-4)CHI (10-7)NO (11-6)SF (12-5)
x-NYG (10-7)x-DET (10-7)ATL (7-10)SEA (9-8)
x-DAL (10-7)MIN (8-9)TB (6-11)LAR (7-10)
WAS (6-11)GB (7-10)CAR (4-13)ARZ (2-15)

AFCNFC
(1)KC (14-3)(1)PHI (13-4)
(2)BUF (12-5)(2)SF (12-5)
(3)CIN (12-5)(3)NO (11-6)
(4)JAX (11-6)(4)CHI (10-7)
(5)LAC (11-6)(5)NYG (10-7)
(6)PIT (10-7)(6)DAL (10-7)
(7)BAL (10-7)(7)DET (10-7)

AFC East looks to be spot on........
AFC North I would flip Balt for Pitt.......
AFC South seems to be right........
AFC West spot on.......

NFC East flip Dal over the Giants.......
NFC North,I actually predicted myself Chicago would win 10 gamez just based on that schedule they have,but I believe Detroit should win that division.....
NFC Sout is spot on.......
NFC West,SF wins div,but is Seattle that good with Geno,and are the Rams really that bad......??

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Packers with a pathetic 11-7 record. Last year Rodgers was playing with a hurt hand for 90% of the year and was statistically one of the worst starting QB' s in the NFL yet they nearly made the postseason. I would give them more W's but they have the worst kicker in the NFL unless the resign Crosby for short kicks and PAT's. J Love is going to be an average QB in his first season but he may end up with top 10 stats just because they have insanely athletic and talented WR's and TE's along with the best RB Duo in the NFL.

Queens will take a huge nose dive this year. They were the luckiest team in NFL history last year and could've easily lost 6-7 more games. THey lost a ton of talent on O and D and Cousins is getting up there in age now. I think they will win 6 games max.

Bears are still the Bears and are the basement dwellers. I have no idea why the OP Has them as 10-7 winning the North but they will still be fighting for the first overall pick with 4 wins. Did the Bears finally acquire a defense and a QB? Does the OP know something we don't?

Lions: They're all hype but no substance. They still won't have a defense and a mediocre QB. That might win them 9-10 games but we will see.

at Chicago Bears 3:25 p.m. W
at Atlanta Falcons 12 p.m. W
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 12 p.m. L
DETROIT LIONS (Gold Pkg.) 7:15 p.m. W
at Las Vegas Raiders 7:15 p.m. W
o Sun., Oct. 15 BYE
at Denver Broncos *3:25 p.m. W
MINNESOTA VIKINGS *12 p.m. W
LOS ANGELES RAMS *12 p.m. W
at Pittsburgh Steelers *12 p.mW
LOS ANGELES CHARGERS *12 p.m.L
at Detroit Lions 11:30 a.m. L
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS *7:20 p.m. L
at New York Giants *7:15 p.m.L
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS *12 p.m. W
at Carolina Panthers *12 p.m. W
at Minnesota Vikings *7:20 p.mL
CHICAGO BEARS TBD TBDW

The Rest of the picks seem ok. I do know the JETS will be much better than a 9 win team. Give them a elite RB and Rodgers instead of the worst running game and worst QB in the NFL last year and they're drastically better. The recipe to win SB's has been to hire an older top tier QB and pair him with an elite defense (Rams and Bucs) and that's what the Jets did and they added a top shelf RB (at the end of his prime though). I don't doubt they win at least 11 games and be in contention to win the division.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll give the Vikes 6-7 wins this season. They could've easily lost 6-7 games last season. They lost a ton of talent on offense and defense. We seen what happens when a team has a shut down CB and locks down JJ they're pathetic. Now they have no Cook on top of that and an aging Cousins. They have a defense that is close to worst in the NFL in ppg allowed. I just don't see them competing this year for anything but last place in the North with the Bears. It's time to blow up that team and start over.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East looks to be spot on........
AFC North I would flip Balt for Pitt.......
AFC South seems to be right........
AFC West spot on.......

NFC East flip Dal over the Giants.......
NFC North,I actually predicted myself Chicago would win 10 gamez just based on that schedule they have,but I believe Detroit should win that division.....
NFC Sout is spot on.......
NFC West,SF wins div,but is Seattle that good with Geno,and are the Rams really that bad......??

Feel free to enlighten us on how the Bears go from one of the worst teams in the NFL to a potential division winner with 10 games. Does the RB learn how to throw? Does the defense go from bottom 5 to top 5? I just don't see where this is coming from. The Bears will continue to be basement dwellers as long as that old bag is the owner. It's like when AL Davis was the owner of the Raiders when he was looking like the walking dead for the last 10 years and his decisions were get worse and worse each year. The fans were just waiting for him to die.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the Falcons year. I have a hard time seeing NOLA get 8 wins.

Better play the season cause few things seem as they are in camp.

Depth rules

I say Carolina. I think they have the team that could squeak in there...................................

and get Squashed in the playoffs

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to enlighten us on how the Bears go from one of the worst teams in the NFL to a potential division winner with 10 games. Does the RB learn how to throw? Does the defense go from bottom 5 to top 5? I just don't see where this is coming from. The Bears will continue to be basement dwellers as long as that old bag is the owner. It's like when AL Davis was the owner of the Raiders when he was looking like the walking dead for the last 10 years and his decisions were get worse and worse each year. The fans were just waiting for him to die.

Enlighten me how the Jacksonvilke Jags go from 3-14,worst record in football in 2021 to 9-8 the next season annd actually win a playoff game in 2022.........

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions defense was brutal last year. They’ve added talent, but improving to mediocre would be a huge step forward.
Seems like thats what will win the NFC North.

Which team will field a defense that qualifies as at least mediocre? My gut would say thats the Packers but their fanbase really hates their dcoordinator.

The Lions secondary looks serviceable. No stars but honestly should be decent enough if the Lions front holds. If you see Aidan Hutchinson make the next step and Jack Campbell come in and he legit then you have something.

Vikings D has a decent amount of talent but their secondary looks like one of the most suspect in the league.

Bears D looks like its a year away. Their dline in particular looks maybe the most suspect in the league but the rest of their d has potential to be pretty good.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC EastAFC NorthAFC SouthAFC West
BUF (12-5)CIN (12-5)JAX (11-6)KC (14-3)
NYJ (9-8)x-PIT (10-7)TEN (7-10)x-LAC (11-6)
MIA (8-9)x-BAL (10-7)IND (5-12)DEN (7-10)
NE (7-10)CLE (7-10)HOU (4-13)LV (6-11)

NFC EastNFC NorthNFC SouthNFC West
PHI (13-4)CHI (10-7)NO (11-6)SF (12-5)
x-NYG (10-7)x-DET (10-7)ATL (7-10)SEA (9-8)
x-DAL (10-7)MIN (8-9)TB (6-11)LAR (7-10)
WAS (6-11)GB (7-10)CAR (4-13)ARZ (2-15)

AFCNFC
(1)KC (14-3)(1)PHI (13-4)
(2)BUF (12-5)(2)SF (12-5)
(3)CIN (12-5)(3)NO (11-6)
(4)JAX (11-6)(4)CHI (10-7)
(5)LAC (11-6)(5)NYG (10-7)
(6)PIT (10-7)(6)DAL (10-7)
(7)BAL (10-7)(7)DET (10-7)
This would be great for AZ. They would have the #1 and #2 pick.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction on wins for MN is less than they won last year. Other than cutting Cook, I’m not sure what this youth movement is. Everybody drafts rookies.

Well, the Vikes lose Smith and Tomlinson on their defensive line. Thielen is old so I can understand that, but he has been a big part of their team. Same with Patrick Peterson. Cook is obviously a big loss. So, they have new starters on the d-line, they have new starters at linebacker, new starters at CB, new starter at WR, new starter at RB..... Youth movements aren't all bad. Some of the guys they lost might be overpaid for their declining production. But, it does make it hard to know how well the team will respond and how well the new guys will do. And for a team that already confused the hell out of us last year, these guys are definitely in the "I have no idea if this will turn out" bin for me.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be for the best. Now, if we can get them to take another team name...we'd have something here.

LOL
Good to see you Scooby
New owner would be even better. I do like the new front office, however. This is the perfect year to rebuild being that the Eagles are already champs.